Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-21, 10:06 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Halo or Whoot

How's it going for anyone who has purchased one of these.

they both have a subscrition to see your stats?

I see now the Halo is $99 versus that sale price they opend with.

I'm just seeing this today and I don't know how or why it came to my feed on something.
so, since this has been out a yer and ½ or more, do you still like it or did you send it back

11/10/20

2/16/21

PS> I see where it came from.. my FB feed. 8/26/21

$75 now on HSN

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
Old 08-26-21, 06:07 PM  
pgun3

I have the halo, bought it for $65. I used it for a short time, not even long enough to use the free subscription...I can't justify paying a monthly subscription...I never did send it back so it's just laying around here...
Old 08-26-21, 06:21 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Thank you. Understandable.

That stinks.

~~~Cheryl

Old 08-26-21, 06:30 PM  
pgun3

They have a lot of things to compliment the halo though, don't ask me what they are LOL. It does scan your body and tell you your body fat, it has workouts too on the app.
Old 08-26-21, 06:37 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Thumbs down

I slacked. I don’t know what made me think I’d get more understanding of these health gadgets on VF.

People care more about Bill Philips something they can do nothing about. Versus a health app they can.

~~~Cheryl

Old 08-26-21, 07:00 PM  
pgun3

yep.....
Old 08-26-21, 07:04 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I slacked. I don’t know what made me think I’d get more understanding of these health gadgets on VF.

People care more about Bill Philips something they can do nothing about. Versus a health app they can.
I use an older garmin watch model*, other people use fitbits, and many active people don't use fitness/sleep/whatever trackers at all. There are so many options out there. Perhaps that's part of why you haven't received many responses?

*I almost gave up my discontinued garmin watch when it bit the dust after several years of use, but then garmin actually shipped me a new one when I mailed them my dead one!!! (Though I think the new one doesn't track HR as accurately.)

When this one dies though, I probably will just go without a fitness tracker at all for a while. It's kind of interesting to see the heart rate graphs after a workout to see how long I was in each zone (I set the "zones"). It's mainly just confirmed for me over the past few years that old school perceived exertion tests (can you carry on a simple conversation?, are you out of breath?, etc.) are usually on target for me.

I think I originally got the watch to track my steps and also my mileage and walking speed on local walking trails but then I discovered I'm not a huge fan of our local walking trails (too crowded, too flat, relatively boring scenery and not enough of them for me personally as far as variety--I don't like walking the same paths every week).

Anyways, the watch is kind of bulky and gets gunky sometimes and leaves an indent on my wrist and sometimes irritates the skin. Plus, I have to remember to charge it. So that's why I'll probably stop wearing an activity tracker when this one dies. Maybe if I was still hiking, the GPS and other features would be useful enough to keep one on, but I definitely don't pay attention to step count anymore (I've long since discovered how many steps I average per 10 minutes of working out--approx 1000 steps per 10 minutes of working out be it hi/lo, step, or Jessica Smith).

My mom loves her fitbit because it tracks her sleep really well. (My garmin is pretty useless for sleep tracking, but I never wanted that feature anyway.)
Old 08-26-21, 07:17 PM  
pgun3

here is a link...I didn't know I could use it with a few things without the monthly fee..

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=234324..._yms_w_hal_l_t
Old 08-26-21, 08:06 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post

This comment isn't fair IMHO. I don't know anything about either of those gadgets you are asking about, but that doesn't mean I don't care about a health app. I wear a Fitbit Versa 3 and use the associated app.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 08-26-21, 10:13 PM  
jusca

I never heard of these before. and i've watched plenty of fitness tracker reviews. I gotta go check these out.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon halo, halo, whoop strap