Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-21, 08:01 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross-Trainers AUGUST 2021

Good morning! Starting us off in August.

SBF Cardio Sculpt - 20min. Labeled as intermediate but I'd call it a beginner's workout. Led by Suzanne's certification director. Nice workout but I didn't even break a sweat.
SBF Advanced Quick HIIT - 10min. This one went into my favorites. Quick and challenging.
ePilates Garden Workout with Bands - 29min. Fantastic workout. Loved it!

I too like the new format of JV's calendar and focus on strength. However, last night I previewed today's Leg Day workout with kettlebells and it was a strong NO for me. The whole workout was dread-inducing with zero fun factor for me. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Donna! I'll check out Jessica's upper body workout that's on the calendar later on this week.

Waves to all!
Old 08-02-21, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Thanks for starting us off, Dana!

Jessica's was hard, but I did find it do-able w/ modifications and I ended up pretty sweaty at the end. She does have some that are less "dread" full looking!

What I did like about it was the efficiency - and the fact that it was easy to modify.

I always forget to start the new thread!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 08:44 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

have been stepping and walking, but not as much as I would like

That "work out" isn't very specific, I know. Physical therapy finally called me! I have an appt at the end of the month. I did not know it would take 3 months from initial mention of a referral to actually being seen by a PT.

I didn't mean to vanish for the last couple of weeks. I know you guys are used to me popping in and out around here! I don't ever mean to disappear... just life gets busy and then I remember I haven't checked in for a while.

Work is going well! They are starting to slowly hand over tasks to me. I'm glad they were realistic and expected this whole process of training to take a couple of months. I know I'll do well once I get a handle on all the things... but it's going to take a bit for that to happen.

Moderates, unite! I was just reading an article today about how most people are in the politically moderate camp, but the people on both extremes are more vocal online. So it can make the moderates feel like they are the minority, but it's not true.

Happy Monday and here's to a great August!!!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 09:18 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol The name of those workouts doesn't bother me because the idea of silver and fit seems beautiful. Reminds me of silver jewelry (which I love.)

Dana thanks for starting us off and for the update. I understand on picking the right time at work.

Donna woohoo I have partner in kettlebell! Good for you to listen to your body and drop in the weight.

Brenda keep us posted on your pt. Your job sounds like a good fit. Fabulous!

Saturday was Groovy yoga. It was kooky and relaxing and I loved it. Sunday was an Exercise TV Yogafit. It has several workouts on it but I did the Yogafit plus workout that is 45 minutes with Elise Gulan. I couldn't believe how much I sweat. This was a challenging workout. I was determined to finish but afterwards realized I will dread ever doing it again and put it in the purge pile.

Happy Monday everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 06:05 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Things are gearing up at work! I worked late and then had a Zoom last night with our medical advisory committee to discuss CoVid protocols for the school year, so I had about a 45 minute window in which to do a workout. After Donna's description of Jessica's scheduled workout for the day (which I had initially planned to do), I opted to do something a little (or a lot!) easier:

Senior Shape - Mat Workout with Weights - 27 minutes

This was a nice pilates infused workout using light weights, on all the mat; it was Lauren's YouTube release yesterday. I was sweaty when I finished. Lauren hit most of the body, although it was probably a little more focused on the lower body. A good choice for yesterday. Nice stretching at the end, although I took it easy on the hamstring stretching...

Linda - the Purge Pile! I love it!

Brenda - Good to hear from you - so glad your job with working out well. I hope my DS eventually finds a job where he isn't expected to know everything from the start. He will - and I think most employees need - the opportunity to slowly get phased into the job. I read an interesting article along a similar vein yesterday about the vocal extremists, and it mentioned a book written several years ago called ***holes, a Theory. I thought to myself, well, that author knew what was coming.

Donna - Good job with Jessica's workout and thanks for the review about it. One of these days, I'll be up for it.

Dana - Nice job Dana! I agree, why do any workout that is dread inducing?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - March Across America # 3 - Vermont
Yoga w/ Kassandra 10 Min Morning Yoga w/ Kittens

I'm not terribly sore from JV's workout yesterday - probably b/c I modified and was pretty conservative w/ weights, etc. For me that is good - I don't like to be terribly sore - a little bit of something to let me know I worked is fine, but not much more than that!

Yesterday evening DD and I walked - it was cooler and nice to get out - I ended the day w/ over 10K steps so not bad at all for a work day and one where I did not do cardio!

Carol - Lauren's workout looked very good - her channel is so nice - it feels very calming.

Dana - I would agree that Jessica's workout yesterday lacked a fun factor - it was modifiable and well thought out - but I appreciate that is not the only type of workout she offers on her site as it is definitely a once-in-awhile routine for me.

Brenda - glad work is going well - I agree what Carol said - it is important to phase new employees in slowly - that is not something my place does very well so as a result you have people who are frustrated, who leave, or if they stay never really learn the job fully.

Waves, Linda!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 03:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hey everyone!
. I think I'm headed in the direction of doing 21DF and PIYO until my hike. So today has been kettlebells and 21DF cardio fix.

Hope to do some CS later ...waves all around!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 03:28 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Monday: 90 min step, a bit of light weights
Tuesday: 30 min walk/read, 60 min. step

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 06:13 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

Jessica Smith - 4 Mile Power Walk: Warmup, Mile 1, 1/2 of Mile 2 & Cooldown - 35 minutes

It was another late day at work and I didn't have a lot of time to get my workout in, once I got home. I didn't like this walk very much - I didn't really care for the music, especially on the second mile - it was hard to find the beat and I normally don't have a difficult time doing that (all those years of marching band, I guess). Maybe it was just the mood I brought home? I would have been better served to have done a Leslie walk. The scenery was nice - that's about it.

Brenda - Good job - long workouts!

Linda - When is your hike?

Donna - When is DD starting college? Is she excited? Any decisions on the horse?

Waves to Dana!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 07:16 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good Morning!

JS HIIT Walk - 30min. This DVD is from one of her 30 Day Walk set.
JV Upper Body Weights Part 1 - 19min. This is Jessica's new strength workout and I really liked it. She used 2 sets of weights - 10 and 5 lbs and I used 8lbs. Jessica only used the 5lb for triceps kickbacks. The moves were slow and deliberate and I know I'll feel my arms later today. I found that using 8lb weights was enough for me. She also gave some really good form pointers and it was very valuable info for me.

Carol, I don't care for JS 4 Mile Power Walk either and I never reach for it. I find it boring and long.

I have to go to the office today and I'm not really looking forward to it. No particular reason. I just think I'm done.

Hi to Linda, Donna, Brenda, Cheri and Christine!