Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-19, 03:07 PM  
laurajhawk

Late to the Party: Bellyfit Elements

Mary has the 5-DVD set as one of her many Deals of the Day today (https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/dealoftheday.asp - keep scrolling). With the 10off code and a couple bucks' worth of loyalty points, I got it for $24.99 (shipped).

I'm NOT a dancy person! But somehow Bellyfit always seems to get my attention and at this price, I figured it's worth a try. Anyone else NOT a dance-workout person, and maybe liked Bellyfit anyway? (I like the original Yoga Booty Ballet workouts, and the silly little Cardio Axe in Brazil Butt Lift - if you want to gauge how dancy is "not dancy" in my case. )

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 03:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Laura!

BellyFit doesn’t have complex cardio, it’s pretty easy to follow. I’m not into complex dancey cardio. I have all the workout sets as downloads, haven’t done Elements in quite a while. My favorite set is Embodied Goddess. If you like Yoga Booty Ballet, I think you’ll enjoy BF.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 04:05 PM  
sherry7899

Laura, I hope you enjoy them. The music is wonderful and the workouts are very enjoyable.

There are two things that frustrated me about them when I first started using them-they don't always show Alice's feet, and she uses the phrase "you know it" when repeating a sequence. The first few times I did not know it, and thought "how can I know it when I can't see your feet!" They are not complicated, and you will catch on. I tell myself with dance workouts as long as I keep moving, I don't have to do the steps perfectly.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 04:08 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'm not a dancy person but I really like these. I bought them years ago, but have only clicked with them a year ago in January when I did a BellyFit rotation of the Elements, Season 1 as well as Embodied Goddess. I'm nowhere near as graceful as Alice and hip shaking is not that easy for me, but the music is great and I felt great afterwards. You got this set for a great price! I hope you enjoy it.

Here are very short notes I made for myself of key points of each title as a reminder of what I liked about these episodes. Hope it helps.

Air - Good - 60min. More complex choreography. 2 sets of triceps pushups, nice stretch. About 4000 steps for 30min cardio.

Earth - Excellent. Very energetic. Pelvic tucks, hip circles, back extensions, great stretches especially for lower back. 4100 steps for 32 min cardio.

Fire - Good. Complex choreography. Core and great upper body circles as focus. Great stretches. About 3700 steps for 31 min cardio. Sides and back felt slimmer the next day.

Water - Good. More stretchy and fluid with emphasis on obliques. About 3400 steps. Excellent core and stretch at the end.

Spirit - Excellent. Simpler choreography, nice side twists. About 3700 steps for 33min cardio. Loved this one!
Old 02-28-19, 04:35 PM  
laurajhawk

Thanks, all! Usia, I'm saving those notes - they'll be helpful.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 05:47 PM  
CharM

*sigh* I almost bought it from Mary each time it had been the DOTD but kept holding off. It hadn't been on my mind in forever, and after reading the above positive posts, I thought I'd check ebay. The set was $12 from decluttr just now so I bought it. I'm going to have to stay away from dangerous sites like VF and ebay for a while.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 11:25 PM  
Scorpio6

USIA, thanks so much for posting the step count! Very helpful!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 09:10 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

You're welcome, Laura and Scorpio. I'm glad you find these helpful.
Old 03-01-19, 02:30 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Laura, I hope you enjoy them. The music is wonderful and the workouts are very enjoyable.

There are two things that frustrated me about them when I first started using them-they don't always show Alice's feet, and she uses the phrase "you know it" when repeating a sequence. The first few times I did not know it, and thought "how can I know it when I can't see your feet!" They are not complicated, and you will catch on. I tell myself with dance workouts as long as I keep moving, I don't have to do the steps perfectly.

Sherry
I found them hard to follow due to her making up names for some moves. The audio wasn't great on mine and the music would suddenly get loud and drown out her few cues.

I only ever managed to learn "Water." (Sort of...)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellyfit, bellyfit elements