Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-16, 05:02 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I like Bendy Body but I find I don't do it very often. Nothing has stood the test of time for extreme flexibility like Paul Grilley's Yin Yoga for me. I've done his DVD's more times than any other single video I have. (excluding segments of Yee's Yoga for Energy). It's hard in the beginning to hold a stretch for several minutes, but Paul's voice droning on about what it's doing to your fascia and the differences in the poses held by his students somehow makes it hypnotic and easy for me.
I have this and need to pull it out. It is good. I love Yin Yoga for the long poses. Do you have Travis Eliot's Yin Yoga from his Ultimate Yogi series? That is a great one too. I do that one more than any of my Yin Yoga DVDs. I also have Mark Laham's Yin Yoga DVD. It's a good one too.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-16, 05:07 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
I have this and need to pull it out. It is good. I love Yin Yoga for the long poses. Do you have Travis Eliot's Yin Yoga from his Ultimate Yogi series? That is a great one too. I do that one more than any of my Yin Yoga DVDs. I also have Mark Laham's Yin Yoga DVD. It's a good one too.
It sounds like I should also get Paul's Yin Yoga. I have Travis' and Mark's Yin Yoga DVDs and I really like those too. I especially like the hip workout in Mark's since I have tight hips.
Old 03-28-16, 10:12 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I like the lower back release from Bendy, but that is about it. It is a difficult stretch routine (and I am a former gymnast). For me, too, Bendy has a fair amount of dread.

I really like my Essentrics or Yin Yoga for flexibility workouts.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-16, 04:28 PM  
warriorprincess

No, the only other Yin Yoga videos I have are Sarah Powers, and I find her very depressing. I will add Travis and Mark to my list to try.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 05:57 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I love Travis' practice too, thanks for the reminder! I should start doing more yin while I'm healing up as it shouldn't aggravate what I have going on.

Okay, so I did Bendy Body for the first time today. Oh, my, I can see why some of you say the dread factor. This is not a 'you will feel totally relaxed after' kinda stretch workout, but it ~is~ just what I was looking for and I enjoyed it tremendously! Especially the shoulder stuff, holy moly!! Her instruction is so detailed though...I can see doing this many times and still not being able to incorporate every single thing she says, if that makes sense! Good stuff. Thanks again for mentioning this!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 12:55 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Okay, another update. My. Shoulders. And. Upper. Back. Are. So. Sore. Today!!

Like, really, all of my postural muscles are terribly sore, which is shocking but good. When did that happen? It feels like I lifted really heavy weights. How did that happen just from doing Bendy Body? Holy moly!

Also, thanks for the Mark Laham recommendations. I just added his yin practice to my cart at Mary's. That looks wonderful!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 08:10 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Okay, another update. My. Shoulders. And. Upper. Back. Are. So. Sore. Today!!

Like, really, all of my postural muscles are terribly sore, which is shocking but good. When did that happen? It feels like I lifted really heavy weights. How did that happen just from doing Bendy Body? Holy moly!

Also, thanks for the Mark Laham recommendations. I just added his yin practice to my cart at Mary's. That looks wonderful!
Great.... I was resisting this until now.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 05:22 AM  
Tanja

I bought Bendy Body during Total Fitness DVD's Sale and I did it the first time on Thursday night. The whole thing is about 70 minutes and I felt great afterwards.

I treat flexibility as a legitimate part of my exercise routine as we all need to consider the four pillars of human movement, locomotion, raising and lowering center of mass, pushing or pulling, and rotating, in our fitness routine. Flexibility training is as important as cardiovascular, strength and endurance training.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 10:01 AM  
daisyduke

I opened this thread not having any interest in this and now I'm off to order. What is difference between bendy body and get bent?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 01:14 PM  
SeekingWorkouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
I opened this thread not having any interest in this and now I'm off to order. What is difference between bendy body and get bent?
I don't own either, but I researched both after reading this thread...I typed "get bent vs. bendy body" into YouTube, and the first video that came up explains the differences. Basically, "Get Bent" is meant to help improve one's splits and backbends while "Bendy Body" is more of an overall flexibility and stretching workout.
SeekingWorkouts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bendy body, tangoflex