Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-16, 06:26 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

For those that have purchased from the dvd and streaming what is the shipping cost in the US?
Thanks so much
Old 03-26-16, 08:15 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I'm wondering if anyone has both this and Tangoflex and if so, which do you prefer and why? Thanks!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-16, 09:36 AM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has both this and Tangoflex and if so, which do you prefer and why? Thanks!
To add to Bee's question - Do you see flexibility/range of motion improvements more with one instructor than the other? Does either video provide more instruction on techniques for improvement than the other? TIA
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-16, 12:16 PM  
desie

I just looked at Tangoflex on you-tube and from that short listen, I think Kristina from Bendy Body has a lot more instruction. Even though I don't do the Bendy Body dvd, and prefer to use the Get Bent dvd, I remember all the useful stuff Kristina has taught me about technique and always apply her technique any time that I am stretching, even though she may not be playing. She also has a you-tube channel with lots of stretch discussions.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-16, 10:14 PM  
videofit

Did Bendy Body for the first time today. It's in four parts but I think going forward I will only do one part per day and do them the day after weights days when I usually just walk. It was very challenging and I was worried I might hurt myself so was very mindful not to push too hard this time since I wasn't familiar with the workout. My neck hurts from turning to watch the screen when I was on the floor plus Part 4 was backbends and my head was tilted all the way back. Don't plan to do that chapter again since I don't care about backbends. The other three chapters are more useful: hips, back and shoulders.

I wonder what I will feel like tomorrow!
Old 03-27-16, 12:27 PM  
antbuko

I've been eyeing Bendy Body for some time, along with Shoulder School and finally caved and ordered both this weekend. Based on the clips, I like Kristina's instruction.
Old 03-28-16, 06:43 AM  
killoffsonny

Anyone tried Lastics? I have the DVD but haven't used it in ages. I hate that it's not chaptered. But I always feel good after the workout.
Old 03-28-16, 06:48 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Anyone tried Lastics? I have the DVD but haven't used it in ages. I hate that it's not chaptered. But I always feel good after the workout.
I love Lastics, but I don't do it very often. It doesn't bother me that it's not chaptered because Lastic feels like a total body workout. I know it's advertised as a stretch dvd, but I use it as a workout. I feel the same way about Bendy Body, even though they are different.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-16, 08:04 AM  
warriorprincess

I like Bendy Body but I find I don't do it very often. Nothing has stood the test of time for extreme flexibility like Paul Grilley's Yin Yoga for me. I've done his DVD's more times than any other single video I have. (excluding segments of Yee's Yoga for Energy). It's hard in the beginning to hold a stretch for several minutes, but Paul's voice droning on about what it's doing to your fascia and the differences in the poses held by his students somehow makes it hypnotic and easy for me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-16, 01:39 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I have Bendy Body, Get Bent, Lastics, and Advanced Lastics. I just bought TangoFlex with Mary's current sale.

Lastics and Advanced Lastics are chaptered. I can skip to the chapters. There just isn't a menu option to choose a chapter.

Tags
bendy body, tangoflex