Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-18-15, 12:25 PM  
Taiga

Thanks so much for the info Dana and Rebecca

The price is good but judging by the clip I have a feeling I would do better with his DMW series. I'm still tempted but I know my body does so much better with pure toning or strength work. I get bored and add low intensity cardio now and then but anything more than that stalls any weight loss and I don't feel as tight/strong/flexible.
Old 12-18-15, 07:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I just previewed class 2 in course 6 in its entirety and it's fantastic! The music is driving and very motivating and cardio and floor work looks great. I can't wait to do it tomorrow. I am really clicking with HDM and particularly this course!
Old 12-18-15, 07:58 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Thanks so much for the info Dana and Rebecca

The price is good but judging by the clip I have a feeling I would do better with his DMW series. I'm still tempted but I know my body does so much better with pure toning or strength work. I get bored and add low intensity cardio now and then but anything more than that stalls any weight loss and I don't feel as tight/strong/flexible.
You're welcome Taiga! If longer cardio intervals don't work well for you, then DMW could be a good fit, also course 1 (the last two classes in course 2 have the current format, with music and cardiotone along with toning - course 1 has no music in the background). DMW 2 is more advanced and uses more props than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I just previewed class 2 in course 6 in its entirety and it's fantastic! The music is driving and very motivating and cardio and floor work looks great. I can't wait to do it tomorrow. I am really clicking with HDM and particularly this course!
So happy to hear you like it, specially because you got it at a great price!
Old 12-19-15, 05:16 PM  
Taiga

After much mulling around, I've decided to get course 6 and modify as needed. I still think I'll do better with his DMW when it goes on sale (his free episode is on my schedule today ) but I bet I can make this work.The price is too good to pass. I also looked at his classic method toning and it looked so peaceful/zen that I was tempted.

As I recall, these are all downloads? I haven't had any difficulty with playing his youtube episodes through my computer/tv hook-up. I wonder if there would be any technical difficulties with the downloads. Maybe I should start small until I'm sure.....
Old 12-19-15, 05:43 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
After much mulling around, I've decided to get course 6 and modify as needed. I still think I'll do better with his DMW when it goes on sale (his free episode is on my schedule today ) but I bet I can make this work.The price is too good to pass. I also looked at his classic method toning and it looked so peaceful/zen that I was tempted.

As I recall, these are all downloads? I haven't had any difficulty with playing his youtube episodes through my computer/tv hook-up. I wonder if there would be any technical difficulties with the downloads. Maybe I should start small until I'm sure.....
Taiga, the paid workouts are youtube too. They're private/unlisted youtube videos, so if you can easily play the free ones you should have no problem with these. You can either download or stream them, and they're yours to keep
Old 12-19-15, 07:58 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Taiga, the paid workouts are youtube too. They're private/unlisted youtube videos, so if you can easily play the free ones you should have no problem with these. You can either download or stream them, and they're yours to keep
Great to know!!! Thank you Though I think it will be fun and costly knowledge lol I sure hope he puts DMW on special for New Years. I missed the Matics sale and I bet they would have been great. But all in good time
Old 12-19-15, 08:08 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Great to know!!! Thank you Though I think it will be fun and costly knowledge lol I sure hope he puts DMW on special for New Years. I missed the Matics sale and I bet they would have been great. But all in good time
You're welcome! I'm fairly sure if they receive lots of requests the discount will come, that' what happened with this latest one
Old 12-20-15, 03:54 PM  
Taiga

I did the free DMW course (course #2, session #2) this morning and it was absolutely perfect for what I wanted. Are they all as peaceful? I like the simplicity of his work and the fact that he doesn't rep to death. I also liked that he worked the core indirectly (not crazy about all abs all the time sessions). I generally use barre type workouts for getting the kinks out in the evening or weekend. I lift heavy for my main workouts but really need the extra movement/flexibility work in the evening after long shifts. I love barre type hip/glute work because I think the smaller muscles in my hips don't get enough attention in my strength programs. Keeping those muscles strong really improves my hip range of motion/flexibility.

How do the DMW courses differ from each other? I ended up shying away from the 1st course dt cost and complaints about poor production values. If it wasn't any worse than what I saw today, I'm content with the quality. Does the general content change as far as level or focus from course to course?

I've read as much as I can find and I think I will save for the following next: DMW#2, Course #1, DMW#3, DMW#1, maybe the Matics.
Old 12-21-15, 09:03 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
I did the free DMW course (course #2, session #2) this morning and it was absolutely perfect for what I wanted. Are they all as peaceful? I like the simplicity of his work and the fact that he doesn't rep to death. I also liked that he worked the core indirectly (not crazy about all abs all the time sessions). I generally use barre type workouts for getting the kinks out in the evening or weekend. I lift heavy for my main workouts but really need the extra movement/flexibility work in the evening after long shifts. I love barre type hip/glute work because I think the smaller muscles in my hips don't get enough attention in my strength programs. Keeping those muscles strong really improves my hip range of motion/flexibility.

How do the DMW courses differ from each other? I ended up shying away from the 1st course dt cost and complaints about poor production values. If it wasn't any worse than what I saw today, I'm content with the quality. Does the general content change as far as level or focus from course to course?

I've read as much as I can find and I think I will save for the following next: DMW#2, Course #1, DMW#3, DMW#1, maybe the Matics.
Yep, DMW is like that - peaceful and controlled, much like barre technique classes Hamelin did start filming in a new space for DMW when he began with these classes, so the first few ones are a tad dark. I can follow fine, but if you adjust the brightness in your media player the picture works much better. He cues through all workouts. Some classes have music, some have suggested music. I love using baroque, chillout or ambient for DMW
Old 12-21-15, 09:55 AM  
momofcha

DMW is phenomenal. I'm not quite finished with the first course, but I'm on class 10 and it has grown considerably. I can't wait to start course 2... I'm a little behind...

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free, hamelin, hamelin dabell method, hdm