Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-15, 02:06 PM  
RubyBlue

Exercises for side butt area?

I don't really know how to describe this; but I have sort of a flat butt in the main bit, but the side bits sag a bit more than I would like.

So I think what I'm asking is: is there anything specifically that I can do to firm the side parts up? I'm not overweight.

I know you can't spot-reduce; it's almost like I need a redistribution of material from the side to plump up the glutes proper, if that makes sense!

It's sort of saddlebags but more to the side of the glutes. It's probably gravity more than anything.

The obvious answer is 'squats' but I can't do these or lunges due to my knees. At the moment I'm doing Physique 57 and yoga, as well as Leslie.

So any specific exercise suggestions would be great, please: pretzel, maybe?

It's not a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions, or has solved a similar issue.

TIA.
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 02:42 PM  
Suzan66

Hi, beautiful! Pretzel was the first thing that came to mind. I've been doing Thighmatics by HDM and he does them with a weight behind the knee which seems to hit area I think you're referring to. There is also a short resistance band standing set on his You Tube channel that is a total burner in that area.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 03:08 PM  
desie

Perhaps the rear leg lift in attitude? Tracy Anderson has variants on this exercise in every workout.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 03:39 PM  
RubyBlue

Suzan- hello lovely! You know, I have Thighmatics. I've done it a couple of times and of course my attention wandered. I bet if I did it more often it would work a treat. But it's so looooong....but a great one. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks desie- good idea, I always forget rear leg lifts in attitude as I tend to get obsessed with glute bridges.

Thanks, both!
Old 06-05-15, 03:47 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Pretzel and hairpin from Physique 57, fer shur!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 03:49 PM  
RubyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Yes, fo sho! I do love pretzel, just don't do it enough.
Old 06-05-15, 04:07 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyBlue View Post
The obvious answer is 'squats' but I can't do these or lunges due to my knees. At the moment I'm doing Physique 57 and yoga, as well as Leslie.

It's not a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions, or has solved a similar issue.
TIA.
Well, first: Brava for putting it all in perspective! ITA. But, you know, we work on what we can!

And second: Well, shoot about your cranky knees, because *nothing* has worked for my flat bum like Brazil Butt Lift... but my favorite workout from that series (BumBum) is nothing BUT squats and lunges! But man, do they ever work. And running melted my saddlebags (I seriously need to do a rotation of BOTH, since running also deflated my bum again. LOL).
Old 06-05-15, 04:15 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
what is hairpin? Thanks!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 06:06 PM  
videofit

Margaret Richard's floor work.
Old 06-05-15, 06:49 PM  
LaCatrina

Ruby, you can split thighmatics and do one half one day and the other the next. A good stopping point is the pretzel sequence, then you finish the rest of the workout the next day. You get two even-ish add-ons at a little under 30 min each.

This strategy has been mentioned by Hamelin himself

Tags
glutes, hairpin, pretzel