Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-13, 12:39 PM  
calendria

thanx all. it most definitely helps.

yes I do believe I was NOT swinging it pretty close between my legs. will try all the above the next time I do kb
calendria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-13, 12:48 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by calendria View Post
thanx all. it most definitely helps.

yes I do believe I was NOT swinging it pretty close between my legs. will try all the above the next time I do kb
Zuzka has a really good YouTube video on swings. She explains it really well. To me, better than most. I'll try to link it later. I'm on my phone and have no idea how to do it
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-13, 12:49 PM  
Castella

Like Toaster, I've found that doing some dynamic stretches throughout a kettlebell workout really helps a lot. I do standing back extensions and forward folds and some qigong to lengthen my back. I also do some light twists.

I do everything with the kettlebell pretty close to my legs, but I actually pulled something in my glutes doing this with a larger kettlebell. I have narrow hips but so do men, so I'm not sure what the problem is, but the larger sizes are difficult for me to swing close to my legs. Whatever I pulled still hurts two months later, so what a pain! Also, I have tight, inflexible hamstrings and so I start out really easy and don't get too aggressive with the swings until things have loosened up a bit. I can't start out pushing my hips waaaay back and bending over too far for instance.

Anthony says to really tighten the glutes to support the back.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell swings, low back pain