Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-11, 08:25 PM  
Country Girl

Downloadable KB Workouts?

Do any of the KB instructors offer the option of purchasing their workouts as downloadable files? I'm overseas and looking for a way to get some KB workouts without trying to have them shipped.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-11, 08:31 PM  
horusosiris

You can purchase some of the Lauren Brooks workouts from ontheedgefitness.com and Anthony's workouts form the artofstrength.com as downloads
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 08:38 PM  
Country Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
You can purchase some of the Lauren Brooks workouts from ontheedgefitness.com and Anthony's workouts form the artofstrength.com as downloads
Thank you! Somehow I missed these while looking. I think I've was distracted by all the talk of some of the newer systems out (RKS, Skogg, etc) that I forgot to look at some of these more classic workouts.

Now for another question...... when we moved I had just gotten started with KBs and I only have 1 (a 20 lber). I've been looking for more to purchase here but haven't had any luck so far. Which of these workouts would you recommend that I could use with only a single 20lb bell? I see that Lauren's VOL 3 uses the TRX and double bells. I have a TRX and would love to be able to incorporate it but would I be able to modify the double bell work to use just one bell or would I be missing too much?

Thanks!
Old 07-15-11, 09:26 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Countrygirl, this isn't exactly what you were asking for, but you might like it. The website www.livefitrevolution.com has a whole series of kettlebell workouts -- you can get the gist of them and do them as paper workouts, or follow along with their (not exactly production quality) videos.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 09:35 PM  
Missiscipi

Steve Maxwell came out with some recently. I think they are pretty decent workouts http://www.maxwellsc.com/hybrid-training-workouts.cfm and I love, love, love the joint mobility one!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 11:52 PM  
Country Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Countrygirl, this isn't exactly what you were asking for, but you might like it. The website www.livefitrevolution.com has a whole series of kettlebell workouts -- you can get the gist of them and do them as paper workouts, or follow along with their (not exactly production quality) videos.
Bee- Thanks for the link. I actually like paper workouts (maybe even better than videos) and they are free! What an awesome site.

[Quote-Rozy]Steve Maxwell came out with some recently. I think they are pretty decent workouts http://www.maxwellsc.com/hybrid-training-workouts.cfm and I love, love, love the joint mobility one! [/quote]

Thanks Rozy! Joint mobility is actually something I've been meaning to try to focus more on. Arthritis runs in my family and I have some early signs of it, so I know I need to do a better job of taking care of this issue. Can you tell me a bit more about the joint mobility workout and how you incorporate it into your workouts?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I already went ahead and purchased Lauren's Vol. 2 and am waiting for it to finish downloading.
Old 07-16-11, 09:47 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

You're welcome! It is an awesome site! And for those, I do the paper versions, too. I tried following along with one once and I don't know if it was the speed they went or the video quality, but I found it better on my own. The nice thing is that she has demos of all her moves if you're not quite sure what something is.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 11:00 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Hi CC,

It's great seeing you post here at VF.

Don't forget about Youtube. There are some great kettlebell workouts on Youtube.

Also, I just downloaded Josh Hillis' 21 day kettlebell workout for $9.00 and some change. I've gotten so much great "free" information from him in the past so I thought I would buy this e-book. It actually looks really good. He has a beginner's, intermediate, and advanced version for each day. It is meant to be done for 21 consecutive days. If you miss a day, you go back to day one.

http://21daykettlebell.com/
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 11:04 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Girl View Post
Thank you! Somehow I missed these while looking. I think I've was distracted by all the talk of some of the newer systems out (RKS, Skogg, etc) that I forgot to look at some of these more classic workouts.

Now for another question...... when we moved I had just gotten started with KBs and I only have 1 (a 20 lber). I've been looking for more to purchase here but haven't had any luck so far. Which of these workouts would you recommend that I could use with only a single 20lb bell? I see that Lauren's VOL 3 uses the TRX and double bells. I have a TRX and would love to be able to incorporate it but would I be able to modify the double bell work to use just one bell or would I be missing too much?

Thanks!
i think lauren shows one bell options? i can't remember 100%.... i know at least on some of the exercises she uses one while mark and the gal use 2...
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 09:57 PM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
You're welcome! It is an awesome site! And for those, I do the paper versions, too. I tried following along with one once and I don't know if it was the speed they went or the video quality, but I found it better on my own. The nice thing is that she has demos of all her moves if you're not quite sure what something is.
I love Livefit Revolution, too! I've just started Phase 1, Week 1. I do the workouts as "paper workouts."

I've been tempted by RKS and Skogg--given all of the great press these are receiving on the boards. But then I remind myself of this great, free resource.

Tags
downloadable workouts, downloads, kettlebell, kettlebell workouts