Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-07, 05:55 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Born - Connecticut

Newest passion - Amped and Squeeze

Summer plans - relax, renew, clean the basement, and visit family on Amelia Island. Not too shabby.

What do I like about VF? - It's a classy site and it's my chill-pill for the day.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 06:07 PM  
jckmom

Born: New York City

Newest Passion
: Rediscovered Classical Stretch as I remembered the compliments that followed my previous consistent use of CS, and the purchase of 3 new CS DVDs which arrived today

Plan for Summer: As much time as possible at the beach, preparing for a 5k run at the end of August, emerging from lurkdom at VF.

What I Love
: Even as a major lurker, I love the people. Many otherwise lonely hours have been spent on the board--and I always feel that I'm part of a community!

Joanne
jckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 06:47 PM  
acescholar

I'll play!

Where were you born? Northern California.

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest?

Cathe's Butts and Guts
Tracey's Sweatfest Kickbox

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer?

I hope to write -- I'm an academic, but don't get enough time during the year to write, which I love to do.

What is one thing you love about VF? Hearing about all the new workouts! The reviews. Also love the swap.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:25 PM  
mesaana

Born: Small city south of Montreal

Newest passion: Cardio Coach!

Plan for summer: Hiking!

What I love: all the information, the banter, the passion!

Lyne
mesaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:26 PM  
cjo42a

Happy Birthday Laura

Birthplace: Bethesda, MD

Newest fitness passion Body electric episodes on PBS - I sleep well afterwards so they fit in my schedule

Big plans for summer Not to get sick this August as I have every year since moving to FL (allergies)

What I like about VF My checkin (Firmies) and knowing how many times I've worked out this year.
Old 05-14-07, 09:09 PM  
swankyswimmer

Born: Winston-Salem

Newest Passion: Slim Series and Cathe

Plan for Summer: Coach a local swim team, get ready for college, get in the best shape ever!!

What I Love: I love how fitness is a priority for the people here and how fitness is the norm, not a weird, strange concept. I like the information you can get and the community aspect.
swankyswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 11:47 PM  
Pam L
VF Supporter

Born in Los Angeles county.

Newest fitness interest - Classical Stretch, taped off local PBS station.

Summer plans - visiting my mom in Oregon - haven't been there in 3 years.

What I love about VF - mutual support, encouragement, and enablement.
Old 05-15-07, 12:06 AM  
Peachy720

Happy Birthday, Laura!!

Born: Metairie, Louisiana (right outside of New Orleans)

Newest Toy: My Supreme Pilates came in today, other than that, Jillian Michaels "Frontside" and "Backside" for Beginners, and Leslie's Walk Slim.

Plan for Summer: None. Keep working through summer, fall and Christmas so that I can finally get my butt in nursing school!

What I Love about VF: How generous people are with their time, advice and workouts. I'm excited because I've been a member on and off this forum for over five years, and I feel that this is the time I actually stay and get to know people.
Old 05-15-07, 04:25 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

Birthplace: Philadelphia, PA

Newest fitness passion: Kettlebells

Big plans for summer: I'm taking 6 weeks off from work this summer and will hang out with my babies (who are 11 & 13) and take classes with Cathe 3x per week!

What I like about VF: I've made good friends in the Morning Madness check-in. It is nice to have folks that share your fitness obsession, but it has been become much more than that. I also love finding about the latest and greatest fitness ideas.
Old 05-15-07, 06:23 AM  
rohana

ooh me too!

I've been a lurker for years but now that instructors are producing DVDs and I have a multi-regional player, I am finally in a position to try some of the workouts that are mentioned here.

Anyway, onto the info

Where were you born? Dublin, Ireland - and still here!!

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? Foam roller and pilates on it. I'm really enjoying Julia Afram (though her counting is annoying at times). Also just got gliding discs this week so looking forward to trying them too!

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? have a series of weddings to attend this summer (one in every month June, July and Aug ) so no holidays for me. On the exercise front, i'm looking forward to drier weather so i can do some hill walking. I'm also going to try and organise a rotation - preferable one that i won't abandon halfway through

What is one thing you love about VF? I really appreciate the knowledge about fitness I have picked up around here. I just love seeing the information that is shared amongst the forums - it is so inspiring especially as there isn't a huge amount of DVDs available for inter/adv home exercisers in Ireland or UK. I really appreciate the reviews and advice. Thanks to all
rohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, introductions