Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-21, 12:58 PM  
Leonana

Donna, I can't wait for cooler weather. I'm going to try and get out and walk more often.

I forgot to update on my husband's friend. He is worse, and there is no more room for error. It's just a matter of time.
Old 09-10-21, 09:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

My knees have been achy today, after working in the yard. That was a workout in itself, so no formal workout.

Sherry, I'm so sorry your husband's friend hasn't improved.

Donna, I'm hoping to get more walking in as soon as it cools down. I just don't do much walking anymore...and I should! Normally, I do lots of indoor walking but have not done so in a long while. Enjoy the visit with your DH's friend. We've also got company coming (at the end of the month) and he's DH's childhood friend that he's known forever. This will be his first trip to New England and he's flying out from Arizona.

Well, I'm heading to bed with reading material in hand. Goodnight all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 10:12 AM  
donnamp

hi,

Today was a walk and Ellen's Upper Body Blast.

A nice combo!

The weather is gorgeous here today!

Sherry - I'm so sorry about your DH's friend....

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 04:52 PM  
Leonana

I did Jessica’s 20 Minute Strength Workout for Bad Backs. I can tell I’m not completely recovered, as my muscles still feel weak.

I did watch a you tube video by Dr. John Campbell about zinc deficiency and respiratory illness, and possibly covid. They think people with zinc deficiency are more at risk of being seriously ill. Especially the elderly who tend to have more deficiency. I don’t know if I need it, but I’m thinking of taking zinc supplements. I seem to be getting more sick as I get older. It makes me wonder if lack of estrogen affects that too.

Pam, I always consider yard work a workout. I also need to do more walking.

Donna, I’m glad you are having gorgeous weather. I think we have another week before we start cooling off.
Old 09-12-21, 03:57 PM  
Leonana

. . .
Old 09-12-21, 04:07 PM  
Leonana

. . .
Old 09-13-21, 06:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday... (Not!)

This weekend's workouts were pretty light since we had company. I am hoping to maybe get something in this afternoon or evening after work. Maybe Ellen's newest or some Pilates or a walk or something.

Sherry - thank you for the update on Jessica! It sounds interesting.

I had heard that about zinc as well, and when the pandemic first started I tried taking zinc and vit c supplements and they made me nauseous. You can also OD on zinc, so I figured if it was making me feel sick it wasn't worth it. Although when I do get a cold, I swear by Cold Eeze for shortening the duration of my symptoms. They are yucky tasting, but seem to work. I believe some cold viruses are actually coronaviruses, so it makes sense.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 03:28 PM  
Leonana

Today was Senior Shape Balance, Strength and Core Workout to Improve Stability for Beginners and Seniors. I thought the balance moves were a bit challenging, especially for a beginner. I enjoyed it though, it was just right for me today. After reading about improving balance in GD, it was on my mind.

Donna, zinc makes me nauseous too! After looking into it, it only helps if you are deficient in zinc, which is rare in the US. It is more common in the elderly, but I don’t think I’m there yet. I’ve had good luck with Cold Eeze, I should try it again when I have a cold. I tried Airborne with this cold, but didn’t notice a difference. Emergen C and hot tea helped quite a bit. Now I’m feeling deja vu, like I’ve discussed this before lol.
Old 09-14-21, 07:30 PM  
Leonana

No workout today, maybe a stretch tonight. I did visit a couple of Goodwills, so got an hour of walking done. I checked the dvd section, but surprisingly saw no fitness dvds.

Pam and Donna, I guess you are busy with your visitors. I hope you are enjoying the visits.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii and Liz.
Old 09-14-21, 08:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

Just tried to post a lengthy message and got the dreaded internal server error. So, will try again tomorrow!

Night all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy