Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-05-21, 08:58 AM  
buffmama

Yup, I'm headed into Heat next. Tuesday I finish Summertime Fine 3.0. I've definitely lost some strength but there are other gains I have made. I will not be doing moves I don't like and I will substitute liberally. In other words, I will be modifying as needed to maintain my impeccable form.
Old 09-05-21, 11:37 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Yup, I'm headed into Heat next. Tuesday I finish Summertime Fine 3.0. I've definitely lost some strength but there are other gains I have made. I will not be doing moves I don't like and I will substitute liberally. In other words, I will be modifying as needed to maintain my impeccable form.
I don't remember too many times I had to substitute, but I had all my weights readily accessible (5-8-10-15-20-25 pairs of DBs with 15-20-25-30-40 KBs). One move I don't do is jumping up from kneeling. I did that about 8-10 years ago in Rushfit, and my ankle tendons were not happy. I did alternating foot stepping up to stand in Heat. I would definitely do the push up workout on my knees or on an incline. Any EMOM I choose the lesser rep count options.

Have fun, buff.

I may do the full body and HIIT workouts for the remaining week long series next and wait to see what EPIC 3 is like.
Old 09-06-21, 11:24 AM  
Vantreesta

Had a good few days with my dad, just not long enough. I wasn't ready for him to leave. Saturday we spent 9 1/2 hours at the MN Ren Fest, most of it with friends, and yesterday we drove down to Des Moines for that fest. Yesterday was beastly hot from the moment we stepped out of the car at 10 AM. Today we're just bumming around. I wanted to go hiking but all the driving and the heat have drained us and feels good to be lazy. I can't get Cyric till this afternoon though and I miss him so much! I had booked the kennel a while back bc I assumed we would be going to my father-in-law's, but it did give us the freedom to stay at the fests longer (cancelling would have still cost me nights on the boarding package bc it was a holiday wknd).

I'm looking forward to getting myself back on track this week. Lots of good stuff has been happening the last couple weeks with camping and time with Dad and friends and everything but I am missing my routine and starting to feel ungrounded again. I'm also excited that I will be putting up my Halloween village this week! Huzzah!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 05:29 PM  
Helen

Monday - choreo day with my buddy.
Christi Taylor - Solid Gold Cardio
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-21, 07:47 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 done! I scheduled Heat to start tomorrow. We will see if I plunge right in or take a few days. I liked the series and would do more workouts with Sydney. She seemed to hit the glutes more frequently than Caroline which I think was to my benefit. I have felt my outer hips for a week or so but I also stopped the rest days at point so that could be my fault. This might be a step up from Heather Robertson although Heather really does some sneaky core work which I appreciate. And Heather's form is impeccable. Sydney's not so much. Sydney also encouraged you to increase your weights for each set or move faster. I didn't.
Old 09-08-21, 07:35 AM  
buffmama

Surprised myself by starting Heat. I had a backup plan ready to go but I guess I figured I'd never really want to start. So here I am - I used 15s and only used 1 DB on the split squats. If my core goes on any exercise I promise myself I will lower my weight.
Old 09-10-21, 07:00 AM  
Helen

7 Tue CARDIO 63min, Cathe - Strong & Sweaty - Cardio Slam - Modification Mix 2
8 Wed YOGA 46min, Wai Lana - Firming Yoga
9 Thu STEP 52min, CIA - Two Hours of Stepping - Michelle' Workout
10 Fri GLUTES 52min, Cathe - Boss Loops Glutes & Core

Ok, Now that I've DONE the Boss Loops Glutes & Core, thoughts:
Intermediate level, definitely not Int/Adv. JUST hard enough NOT to tag it as Beg/Int.
Didn't get her fabric bands & loops as have plenty. Started with Cathe loops, but they're quite narrow & with the large range of movement in the first half, they rolled to be like a piece of tubing tight around my thighs, so switched to a much wider one, but since it was longer, set it just above my knees and worked well. Used the same one for the remainder of the workout, and kept it low towards knees.

I found the abs work in the core section the hardest, but none of it had me finishing a section with relief that it was over.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-10-21, 07:42 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Ok, Now that I've DONE the Boss Loops Glutes & Core, thoughts:
Intermediate level, definitely not Int/Adv. JUST hard enough NOT to tag it as Beg/Int.
Didn't get her fabric bands & loops as have plenty. Started with Cathe loops, but they're quite narrow & with the large range of movement in the first half, they rolled to be like a piece of tubing tight around my thighs, so switched to a much wider one, but since it was longer, set it just above my knees and worked well. Used the same one for the remainder of the workout, and kept it low towards knees.

I found the abs work in the core section the hardest, but none of it had me finishing a section with relief that it was over.
Thanks for the review Helen. It cut right to the heart of what I would want to know.
Old 09-10-21, 11:26 PM  
Helen

BUFF
Glad my comments were useful.

Went out today to my nearby category killer sewing store to look for 10 cm wide elastic to make my own loops, but they were closed - moved to a new large centre that's south, out of the city. Headed out there straight away, and reached the point where we usually turn to go to a particular shopping centre, and a little voice in my head recalled the family commenting that we can't go there during lockdown as it's outside our local goverment area. Oh - if I can't go THERE, then there's no WAY I can go TWICE as far away for the elastic. Herrumphff... DH said "Who'd know?" Yeah - there are roadside spot checks just like Random Breath Testing for alcohol - not willing to risk $1000 fine. I'll either wait, or get it online - first purchase from Etsy?

Saturday, 11th of September
Light: 43min, Leslie Sansone - Walk Your Belly Flat - Miles 2+3
Hard: 49min, Cathe - Intensity - Timesaver: Step + Max + Bootcamp Mix

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-12-21, 05:50 AM  
Helen

Sunday, 12th September
Stretch: 4min, Cathe - Cross Train Express - 10-10-10 - Stretch Addon
Yoga: 10min, BeFit Yoga - Lean & Relax Addon
Stretch: 9min, Cindy Crawford - Shape Your Body - Stretch 1,2,3 Addon
Yoga: 10min, 10 Minute Solution - Lara Hudson - Yoga - Yoga For Flexibility & Relaxation Addon
Weights: 37min, Denise Austin - Shrink Your Female Fat Zones

the latter (Denise) seems light-weight, but the reps are few & slow, so going heavy does the job, also noted to go one step heavier again next time. Needed a 'no dread' one today.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.