Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-17-21, 07:45 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All!

I also have not received a shipping notice from Cathe, but if I remember correctly, I didn't last time, either. I'm not holding my breath -- it'll get here when it gets here and I'm gone a bunch in the next week anyway.

Kim, sorry to hear about your back but yes, it's great that you got it figured out and already have some relief. Pain can be sneaky sometimes!

And speaking of sneaky.... yes, kittybug, definitely on the barlates. I meant to add a comment that said if anyone is reconsidering her, they should. I think that endurance stuff goes at a much more reasonable pace and it definitely seems effective. manleym, thanks for the tip on the downloads! I guess I should check her site regularly or maybe get on her email list. For the big one I'm considering getting from Mary's site I would definitely want on dvd since it is 12 full length workouts. I have realized I am horrible about managing my downloaded content and I almost never think to do it.

Yes, I'm anxious to hear about Linda's hike!!

Baby, setting a low bar for the year (instead of some weekly goal) is what got me really consistent years ago. Instead of setting a goal of three times per week, I set a lowish goal for the year and I far surpassed it. By then it was habit.

Ok, I'm off to a send off dinner for college kids. There will be five kids there who are off in the next week or two. I have been making salads/appetizers all afternoon!!!
Old 08-18-21, 03:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well shiver me timbers..... I just got a shipping notice from Cathe! My order is set to arrive on the 25th, which means it'll probably be the 26th or 27th -- we'll see. I hope it's the 25th because I have just a brief bit of time back home before I go out for one more overnight to see family.

I did Jari's Slim & Lean this morning. That dvd (the dvd, not the workout), is showing its age: it froze and skipped. I did like the workout..... more leg work than Chiseled had.

Sort of off topic, but I'm telling everyone lately.... I have been making recipes from the Half Baked Harvest website lately and I have had so many hits! Her instructions are not always completely accurate, but close enough for the most part. Great flavors. If anyone needs dinner inspiration......
Old 08-18-21, 05:41 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, I got a UPS shipping notice too, and mine says this Saturday (but I'll believe that when I see it, hah)!! So excited!

I'm soooo craving more focused weight work with heavier weights but still trying to be so dang careful with my hip and back. I'm enjoying all the variety I've done lately but dang, I miss my Cathe workouts. I am hoping her band workouts will get me going in the right direction.

Today I pulled out The Firm Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn because I think someone here mentioned it recently (Manleym, maybe?). Wow, That used to be a pretty decent cardio workout for me and today I was like hey, this is a GREAT recovery workout. It's still pretty fun (though I find Sue Mi's faces irritating) and I do love Allison. But every time she said, 'Catch your breath,' I thought but I'm not out of breath! I guess that's good, right?

Thanks for the recipe site, Bee! I struggle sometimes with being creative, particularly as my tastes have changed so drastically over the last year and I'm totally grossed out by meat for some reason. I'm no vegan but certainly headed in that direction these days, go figure...must be pretty cold there in h-e-double hockey sticks!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 06:23 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hope this works!

Hey Watulans!!
I tried to attach a picture but it kept telling me the upload failed

So here's a link of the top of the mountain where I yelled Watulan!!

link removed
I'll keep the link up for a bit.

Later, if I have the patience, I'll try to upload an album.

The hike was AMAZING! The training I did made me feel completely ready and I powered through fine. I felt fantastic at the end with only a little soreness in my calves. There were two sections of the hike that did have a high level of suck because of the incline.
The second suck was pretty close to the end. I was resting and wondering what the heck I was thinking by doing this hike and a man walked by and started telling me how close I was and then I got up and finished. Such a wonderful soul!

It was definitely worth it when I got to the top. So on the way down I made it a personal mission to encourage everyone hiking up. It was nice seeing people perk up

My apologies if anyone was concerned that I hadn't posted but I finally finished the marathon of sending my daughter back to school. When I got back from the hike I had to load her car. Then Monday we drove six hours to get her moved in a 3rd floor no elevator dorm. Then Tuesday she got into her preference dorm she was wait-listed so I had to move her again! Drove back last night and my calves are shredded and I'm exhausted.

I don't plan to do anything the rest of the week except foam roll.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 09:19 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

WAY TO GO, FOLV!!!!!!!

What a beautiful picture and story too! Can't wait to see more. You really have been through it and deserve the rest of the week off to rest and regroup!

Old 08-19-21, 12:02 PM  
Mickey12

Linda - what a magnificent view!!! It brought me to tears. Thank you so much for posting it. I'm so proud of you for accomplishing the hike and so happy to know you and for all the inspiration and motivation to give to us all. Enjoy the well-deserved rest days and foam rolling. Your description of the steep incline at the end reminded me of my husband and I hiking to the top of Big Round Top in Gettysburg this June. The entire thing only took maybe 15 minutes, but we stopped and rested part way because it was so steep. So, I completely understand that feeling.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 08-19-21, 02:44 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
WAY TO GO, FOLV!!!!!!!

What a beautiful picture and story too! Can't wait to see more. You really have been through it and deserve the rest of the week off to rest and regroup!

Yes!!!! What a wonderful accomplishment! Well worth the effort …absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations!

Kate…thinking of you and your son.

Nathalie….hope you get an excellent update from your doctor! My daughter just got switched to a boot.

I haven’t had much time to review all the posts. Not sure what we were thinking but we postponed Winston’s neutering so many times due to my recovery that we finally went through with it. Well he needed 4 teeth pulled also which we weren’t expecting plus we had the chip placed. Lots more work than expected. Especially since he can’t jump, run or do stairs. And the dreaded cone. Tried alternatives but he was a Houdini with the softer ones. His crying is breaking my heart. Hopefully he adjusts since he’ll be wearing it until the 30th. We had to come up with some creative solutions for sleeping, potty time, etc. I’m exhausted by the time my husband walks through the door.

Hopefully I can stay more current in September. Stay fierce gang!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 05:34 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh no, ChelePA!!! That sounds exhausting. Poor little Winston! Hang in there, and huge hugs to you, your daughter, and little Winston!! You are so incredibly fierce.

Today I did Ballet Physique's Amped Up. Another tremble fest. I really wish they would put out more DVDs. I know they have the streaming, but a girl can dream, right? I just really love their barre style. Tough stuff!

My UPS tracking still says my Cathe package is coming Saturday. We'll see. Can't wait to read some reviews when everyone starts getting the workouts!!

Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Old 08-19-21, 07:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Linda, woot woot!!! Congrats on the hike and thank you for posting that gorgeous picture!!! That view was definitely worth the incline, I'm sure. I do think my "empty nest project" (well, one of them) will be hiking, so I may be hitting you up for training advice. I think the type of hiking I'm going to be doing just requires me to do more hiking, but I was listening to a podcast where they were talking about a lot of endurance types of workouts and cardio where the intervals are 90 seconds long -- obviously less intense for that extended time. It made sense to me. That's why I'm gung ho on the Linda endurance stuff.

Chele, nice to see you chime in -- I was starting to get concerned again about not hearing from you. Sorry to hear what you're going through with Winston! I know it feels like a torturous long amount of time for that cone right now, but not long after it's off it will be forgotten by both you and Winston.

I did some sort of Barlates Cardio Sculpt this morning. It was not that great, honestly, and then I was late on getting stuff done and getting out my door. What a crazy day it's been!!!
Old 08-20-21, 11:55 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Just a quick post to say:

All hail FOLV!!! Congratulations and kudos for completing that difficult hike. Wooo hooo!!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in