Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-21, 04:37 AM  
Negin

Angry And since I've been venting recently ... Blogilates

Some of you may have seen my recent post in the Pahla B thread. I just wanted to vent about Cassey/Blogilates. My daughter and I enjoy many of her videos. She has some that are super-effective. What drives us both nuts is her yelling and screaming at times. It's often so unexpected. You have the volume at a certain level and then all of a sudden, she yells so loud. It drives us nuts. Sorry to sound so critical. I'm curious to know how others feel. Does it bother you or not? Is it just us? For that reason alone, I would stop following her, but I can't seem to since I have yet to find a channel that has routines that are as effective. Most of her videos are not my cup of tea, but now and then, I find a treasure.
Old 08-14-21, 09:13 AM  
jusca

Is there a way to contact her team with your observations? The person editing her videos needs to work some mixing magic on the audio if she does sudden audio spikes like that. It would be easier to control if she was aware she does that during filming and it annoys her viewers.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 10:19 AM  
ellaenchanted

I have never noticed Cassey doing this. Sometimes intructors' voice do get a bit louder when they are having to talk while exercising. Cardio Mashup Fitness' instructor get kinda loud but it is because she is breathing a lot harder and it just makes it hard to speak normally. It happens in more live or unedited/less edited workouts. Personally, I prefer those to overly produced and edited videos. As much as I love the FitnessBlender team, I felt like I was working out with robots with voiceovers and the instructor looking like the exercise required minimal effort.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 10:42 AM  
alisoncooks

Negin - have you tried the Pilates workouts on Hannah's/Moving Mango channel? I loooove her calm and quiet demeanor. I don't care for workouts with loud/yelling instructors...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 03:36 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Is there a way to contact her team with your observations? The person editing her videos needs to work some mixing magic on the audio if she does sudden audio spikes like that. It would be easier to control if she was aware she does that during filming and it annoys her viewers.
Thank you for that suggestion. I'll see if I can reach out to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
As much as I love the FitnessBlender team, I felt like I was working out with robots with voiceovers and the instructor looking like the exercise required minimal effort.
Yes, I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Negin - have you tried the Pilates workouts on Hannah's/Moving Mango channel? I loooove her calm and quiet demeanor. I don't care for workouts with loud/yelling instructors...
Oooh, I like the look that channel. Thank you, Alison!
Old 08-15-21, 07:15 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I did three of her short routines this morning. Loved them!
Old 08-15-21, 01:17 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
I did three of her short routines this morning. Loved them!
Awesome! She has such a sweet personality -- it makes it easy to stick with her!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blogilates, cassey ho