Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-21, 12:31 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Thank you to everyone that posted! From the sounds of it, I’m not ready for it and I’m not sure I ever will be!!! It sounds HARD!!! I just started her Walk On-30 day set but have been mixing in some Walk On 21 Day stuff (and one Walk Strong workout which I just bought and can’t wait to start). I did buy the Walk strong 2 DVDs and Walk Strong 3 set but they are still shrink wrapped. It sounds like I have a long ways to go before I can do the Lift & Shift set as I’m only up to 8lbs for my heavy weight and haven’t attempted WS 2, let alone 3!!! So far, I like the Walk On 30 day but I didn’t bother with the toning one and just substituted another weight workout from Walk on 21, Metabolism Booster or Get Strong. I also have to be honest with myself and I might be fine here at Walk On 30, 21 and Walk Strong 1. But, it’s nice to know that there is other stuff available that I could progress too in the future (which I still, ridiculously, buy now...just in case I may need it someday). Thanks again for the updates!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 11:46 AM  
counterclockwise

Very late to the game I know, but I just bought the program and am finishing up my first week. I get exercise ADD like a lot of us when a circuit is done 3 times, but so far I’ve only seen that in one of the workouts. I also don’t like doing 20 reps of anything, so I did what she encourages and upped the weights and reduced the reps. It also helped give my hands a rest.

I really like that there aren’t too many combo upper/lower exercises or fast-paced exercises, which I find in a lot of other workouts. And I think I found the real secret, putting my AirPods in and listening to motivating music. The music on these is so low and not my jam. I’m looking forward to seeing if I can finish all 12 weeks, because I do think there is something to progressive overload with the right amount of repetition (unfortunately lol).
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eccentric weight training, jessica smith, jessica smith get strong, jessica smith strength, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews, purple player, streaming reviews, streaming workouts, strength rotation