Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-16, 01:26 PM  
Tanja

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
I opened this thread not having any interest in this and now I'm off to order. What is difference between bendy body and get bent?
I watched the videos on Mary's website and there is no way in he$$ that I would be able to do a full split. Never , ever going to happen. Bendy body is working with peoples normal range of motion, as opposed to Get Bent which seems to be geared to professional circus acrobats.

Bendy Body is Intermediate to Advanced, get bent is Advanced.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 01:50 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanja View Post
I watched the videos on Mary's website and there is no way in he$$ that I would be able to do a full split. Never , ever going to happen. Bendy body is working with peoples normal range of motion, as opposed to Get Bent which seems to be geared to professional circus acrobats.

Bendy Body is Intermediate to Advanced, get bent is Advanced.
I haven't looked at clips for Get Bent, but I want to point out I ~can~ do splits all three ways (used to be a dancer) and still found Bendy Body challenging...but it's very doable for anyone as long as you work within your personal limitations. Her form tips are impeccable. I might have to check out Get Bent because now I'm curious!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 02:30 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingWorkouts View Post
I don't own either, but I researched both after reading this thread...I typed "get bent vs. bendy body" into YouTube, and the first video that came up explains the differences. Basically, "Get Bent" is meant to help improve one's splits and backbends while "Bendy Body" is more of an overall flexibility and stretching workout.
I have both and what you wrote sounds right.
Old 04-10-16, 11:28 PM  
videofit

If you've been doing Bendy Body -- the leg and hip chapter:

That part where you stretch your calves while sitting on the floor, grabbing your foot and sliding it on the floor as you straighten it. Then you repeat a few times, grabbing the inside of your foot, slide and straighten; then again the outside of your foot, etc.

Finally you hold your foot with both hands and raise it up and straighten it as high as you can in front of you. Then you let go while maintaining your leg high. I have the most painful leg cramps doing that. At first I thought it was my quad but when I grabbed the part of my leg -- upper and outer part near the hip joint -- it felt very hard. What the heck muscle is that? I've never felt a cramp there before!
Old 04-15-16, 01:04 AM  
videofit

Those of you who have this DVD:

When you do the shoulder work she has you first place both hands on your ribs so the fingertips just barely touch, then exhale to bring the fingers closer together. Then you are supposed to do the arm work from that position. How do you breathe? I feel like I am breathing very shallowly (and become breathless) so as not to expand my rib cage. Is that right?
Old 04-15-16, 08:01 AM  
desie

Hi videofit,

That ab work is tough, I get sore abs doing it. She wants you fully supported with your abs while you are working on lengthening your upper back. You have to keep a strong exhaling contraction with your transverse abs for the whole time. Basically you need to suck air into a pressurized tank, and it feels like the air goes into your sides and you might even feel as if air moves into your back. You are making use of the lower lobes of your lungs.

Did you figure out what was causing your leg cramp?
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-16, 02:44 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
That ab work is tough, I get sore abs doing it. She wants you fully supported with your abs while you are working on lengthening your upper back. You have to keep a strong exhaling contraction with your transverse abs for the whole time. Basically you need to suck air into a pressurized tank, and it feels like the air goes into your sides and you might even feel as if air moves into your back. You are making use of the lower lobes of your lungs.

Did you figure out what was causing your leg cramp?
Yowza! I'll try visualizing my breath going into my sides and back.

I looked at a diagram of leg muscles and the muscle or muscles that are cramping with that leg lift and hold isn't my quad. It looks like there are two long, thin muscles about six inches below the hip bone (not joint), toward the outer side. I assume they will strengthen over time.

Tags
bendy body, tangoflex