Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-17-15, 04:07 PM  
Ella76

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggs View Post
I've never done HDM, tell me about it, like how long the workouts are and are they results close to TA? I looked on FB at the discount but it is coming out to $74 US is that correct?

Thanks!
I haven't looked at the Course 6 ones I purchased yet, but I think they're supposed to be around an hour each. I've only been using HDM for about 2 weeks exclusively, but they do seem to helping to trim down my lower body. I've never been able to do TA for that long due to pain in my hips or lower back.

From the descriptions I've read, most of the classes incorporate both cardio and toning. Some workouts need equipment (i.e. mat, light hand weights, pilates circle, gliding discs… ). The toning segments in the workouts I've done are high rep, but he switches sides regularly. Generally the movements he shows are more controlled/deliberate than what I've seen TA do.

The discount came to about $75 USD for me.

HTH
Ella76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-15, 04:24 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggs View Post
I've never done HDM, tell me about it, like how long the workouts are and are they results close to TA? I looked on FB at the discount but it is coming out to $74 US is that correct?
That's about right. The GBP to USD exchange is currently a little bit over 1.5 which is an excellent rate for the USD.
Old 12-17-15, 07:30 PM  
LaCatrina

Ella, Helen - Hope you enjoy the workouts as much as I do

Robin - Hamelin's workouts are in the same style/genre as TAM (with ballet, dance, pilates, yoga influences), but the moves feel far less haphazard than in TAM's workouts. In course 6 the clases have different sections and the time flies because of the variety - you might start with a low impact cardio portion with weights for the arms, then you do a circuit with gliders, then some planks or floorwork, then some moves with the pilates circle, and all classes have different focus/moves and music. The music in this series is fantastic. Hamelin always chooses great music, but this particular series make me want to get up and dance. I've shazamed a ton of tunes from the classes - they're that good
Old 12-17-15, 10:49 PM  
Orlita

Yay! I ordered, too -- even though I haven't used the Matics yet from the last sale -- 2016 will be the year, for sure!
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-15, 11:25 PM  
Taiga

Hmm...thinking about it but don't get good results with cardio. Wonder how much is cardio vs strength etc. and if it can all be done low impact/lower level. Love the DMW episode. If he drops that series to $75 I would be all over it. I hope he has a New Year's sale!
Old 12-18-15, 06:30 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

From description and preview of few classes in course 6, cardio is low impact or at least can easily be modified to low impact. I just purchased this course yesterday so I didn't have a chance to preview more than 2, but I did the free class 4 which is posted on youtube several times, and I really like it. Cardio definitely works for me, and I NEED cardio to feel good so this course is perfect for me. In fact, as soon as I get some coffee in me this morning - I'll do class 1 from course 6!
Old 12-18-15, 08:21 AM  
SuzieC

If I have never done Hamelin but have done TA for years, which course would be best to start with? I've done Meta, year 1 continuity and a year of realtime - I need cardio in the mix. Should I start with course 6? Or earlier?
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-15, 08:23 AM  
LaCatrina

Taiga, it's just like Dana said - all classes are about half toning, half cardio, and the cardio is mostly low impact with a jumping jack here and there and even that you can modify to make it 100% low impact. My take is that he uses the cardio to keep the body warm and make the toning more effective. There are full-on high impact HDM cardio workouts, and courses 4 and 5 definitely have more cardio and more impact.

Here's another clip from a class in course 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB3gpsn7Bnk
Old 12-18-15, 08:28 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Class 1 Course 6 completed! Easier than the free class 4 posted on youtube, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Perfect for a 6am workout. I feel worked out, but not beat up! I may try class 2 tomorrow.
Old 12-18-15, 08:30 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
If I have never done Hamelin but have done TA for years, which course would be best to start with? I've done Meta, year 1 continuity and a year of realtime - I need cardio in the mix. Should I start with course 6? Or earlier?
Suzie, all courses from 3 on have cardio and toning. Course 6 has gotten many raves because the classes are quite dynamic and creative. IMO every course has it's own degree of difficulty and varies from class to class, but in general and as a whole every one has been progressively more advanced. With that said, the most brutal barre sequence I've tried ever is in course 1

These are more classes from other courses so you have an idea how they look. Since you've been doing TAM streaming for that long you should have no problem with any of these courses https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...T2qEednvI5kmKt

Tags
free, hamelin, hamelin dabell method, hdm