Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-19, 11:12 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Is BeachBody still relevent in 2019?

Or, is it that BB is no longer relevant to me?

I just let my BBOD subscription expire. There were a few workouts I liked. Most of which I ended up buying on DVD.

The newer content has not been interesting to me. Or else, it is too advanced for me with the injuries I have.

The less advanced content is a snooze. (No offense, Leandro and Dr. Cheng).

What do you think about BeachBody nowadays?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 11:18 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I enjoy my BOD subscription! The new programs that have come out recently (80 Day Obsession, LIIFT 4, and Live 21 Day Fix) are really good! They're only available to stream though, no dvds were released. I'm not sure Beachbody is going to release dvds anymore, they seem to be streaming only.

Jericho McMathews is coming out with a new program later this year too that looks really interesting. It's supposed to have a DJ playing music. I think that's what's been missing from the newer programs....music. Here's a link to more information about that program:

https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/bl...g-meltdown-100

I came back to add that all of these programs have modifiers. I like that a lot because I'm not doing high impact anymore (getting too old!)
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 07:04 PM  
gigi

I debate if I want to join their streaming options. I used to love Chalene's Extreme something or other and Turbo Kick or Max or whatever it is. I just don't know if I will use enough of the content to pay the monthly amount. I also worry about cancelling without issues. That used to be a BB thing. Is that still an issue or are they pretty good now about cancelling subscriptions?
Old 06-20-19, 07:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’ve done a few BB programs...SI6/SS, P90X, Turbo Fire....they were okay, but not my thing at this point. I have never subscribed to BBOD. Oddly enough I have an IG account that is somewhat fitness focused and I’ve been approached by two people to be a Beach Body Coach, lol.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 07:30 PM  
Fitstick

I have quite a few of their programs but I purchased almost all of them through Mary. I've never trusted BB with my money or credit card and have never subscribed to their streaming. Maybe they have changed but I had a bad experience with them once and that was it.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 07:59 PM  
Gams

I would never order through Beach Body ever again. Years ago I bought a set (Project You maybe). They charged my card monthly for a certain number of payments. Everything appeared to be fine. About a year later they started charging my card all over again for no apparent reason. I had closed that particular account so my bank charged me overdraft fees and other fees for using a closed account. I was SO angry with Beach Body and have not ordered anything through them since.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 10:15 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I enjoy my BOD subscription! The new programs that have come out recently (80 Day Obsession, LIIFT 4, and Live 21 Day Fix) are really good! They're only available to stream though, no dvds were released. I'm not sure Beachbody is going to release dvds anymore, they seem to be streaming only.

Jericho McMathews is coming out with a new program later this year too that looks really interesting. It's supposed to have a DJ playing music. I think that's what's been missing from the newer programs....music. Here's a link to more information about that program:

https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/bl...g-meltdown-100

I came back to add that all of these programs have modifiers. I like that a lot because I'm not doing high impact anymore (getting too old!)
I'm with Kathy as far as BBOD. I don't buy anymore of their DVDs and as she said, some of the streaming workouts aren't even available.
80 Day Obsession is amazing and challenging!
LIIFT 4 is really pretty decent and can be challenging with the right weights.

I haven't tried the others yet, but I have had no issues whatsoever with the streaming fees or renewals.

The few times I did buy DVDs - Tony's One on One series - I had no problems either. I apparently have a Beachbody coach assigned to me but I never talk to him.

Guess it's kind of hit and miss with them? Perhaps they have improved service over the years?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbod, beachbody, bod, mlm, scams