Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-05, 04:03 PM  
gypsyqueen

Unhappy Just began BSS3 Firm and my back is killing me!

Anyone else have this experience I realized last night that it probably has something to do with those reverse crunches on the incline box? What do you think of that box? I have wood floors and it does move around a little. Also hate setting the thing up, the videos (so far) move so fast I barely have it set up before they are going into the next set. It's making me mad. Plus I don't really like step, with the exception of Firm, but their step wasn't so complicated in BSS2. Now its on an incline with more choreography! I can tell it's a good workout but I am cussing at the screen sometimes so far....

Also, the leg press with the abducting leg (oh and also bicep curl at the SAME TIME) isn't really working well with that box in the way!! HELLLLOOOO!!!

Any advice? Sorry if I come off harsh. Just a little frustrated. I was expecting more from this one...
Old 02-08-05, 04:14 PM  
janile
VF Supporter

I did the four week BSS3 rotation and I didn't do the step aerobics on an incline. There's no way that step aerobics at an incline makes sense for my body (5'3" with tight calves). I tried it once and didn't like the stress that the incline put on my achilles or how high I was forced to step at a fast pace. I did all of the step aerobics with the box flat and only inclined it when they did medium or slow paced lunges and such.

I didn't do the abs on the box either. Again, I tried it once and hated how it felt. I did all of the abs on the floor and put my hands, palms down, under my lower back for reverse curls, like i always do.

Just modify the moves you don't like. Nobody is going to hate you for it.
janile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 04:17 PM  
Sophia

I don't have the Firm Box, I just use my Club Step.

However, I too don't care for the abs on an incline, so I tend to just do them on the floor. Hey, I'm still working my abs.

I've also started to set up my step/make-shift box on a yoga mat. That keeps it from sliding around.

Also, I just hit the pause button to set up. It's annoying because I HATE stopping my workouts, but I figure that it's only a little longer than if I were to actually be setting their Box up.

Hope this helps.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 04:37 PM  
Carol K

The first time I tried to do abs on that incline, I could tell I was going to hurt my back. I think this particular incline is just too steep for this purpose. I don't like it for cardio either.
Old 02-08-05, 04:41 PM  
bluecaffeine

I just began my BSS3 and am hoping I can sell it or find the receipt to send it back to QVC.

I hate this box.

Good luck with yours though!
bluecaffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 04:45 PM  
gypsyqueen

Thanks! So I got my set from QVC not too many days ago. Are you saying these workouts are easy to modify with out the new step box? If they are then I would rather send my stuff back and buy the videos on their own....

Also, I saw someone here saying that the new BSS4 is going to have ANOTHER new step box? Is this true? and if so should I just wait to try that one? Geesh I can't even imagine them coming out with more boxes. They need to give it a rest already!
Old 02-08-05, 04:47 PM  
gypsyqueen

OH! Also, I know they are saying on the videos that the new box at incline is great for having "perfect form" for lunges on the box, but I feel like they aren't working nearly as hard with the incline, anyone else?
Old 02-08-05, 04:49 PM  
Carol K

Yes, supposedly there will be a new box with the BSS4. From the description people have provided, it doesn't sound like it will be any less steep. But it sounds like it will be much easier to adjust. That's what I hate the most about the BSS3 box.
Old 02-08-05, 06:03 PM  
val01

Me too

I returned mine about 3 weeks after getting it. It wasn't for me.

Valerie
val01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 07:02 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

for those of you who love BSS3 - i apologize in advance, and am glad you like it.

i bought express cardio but was so disappointed. granted i don't have the official box and used my step co. step.

i didn't like looking sideways at stephanie. i still got a good workout, but i just thought the whole gimmick wasn't worth it.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bss3, death box, step co. step