Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-02, 05:46 PM  
ErinF
Exchange Moderator

Talking Adding to the Step Co./Reebok step confusion

I just got the newest Power Systems catalog, and apparently the Step Co/Bollinger/whatever name they're called now steps are changing from a teal bench with various shades of purple, gray, or pink risers. The bench is now gray with the black mat, and the risers are black. I don't know how long it will be before we start seeing these in the stores. Sooner or later, however, we are no longer going to be able to differentiate between the Reebok Steps that many are seeing in their health clubs ( but can't find by that name in stores ) and the current Reebok Step version by saying that the current version is the one that's gray and black. Because they are BOTH going to be those colors! Although now that I think about it, they ARE negative images of each other. Reebok is gray where Step Co is black and vice versa. Hmmmm. Maybe we need Wwwendy to make a VF link to a chart that explains all of the various names and colors permutations of THE ORIGINAL STEP.

DISCLAIMER: I appeared as a background exerciser in a Patrick Goudeau step video. Impartiality in regard to his workouts, or any those of any other instructor with complex choreography, is NOT guaranteed!
ErinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-02, 10:18 PM  
PamelaP

I saw the "new" Bollinger/Step Co. steps in Marcos Prolo's Non Stop Step tonight and couldn't decide if I liked them or not. On the one hand, I've never been thrilled with the teal/turquoise and bright pink and purple risers -- a bit TOO brash -- but now it seems like they're erring in the other direction and going too blah. Not sure I have a better suggestion though. Hmm, then again, what about a deep royal blue with a black mat? That would be nice.

On the other hand, I don't think I care at all what color they are, as long as they continue to last as well as they do. Quality first, aesthetics second! (No comments from the peanut gallery on that one, please! )
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
step co. step