Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-20-23, 10:52 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Give Me Strength (strength workout)
Jackie's Essentrics class

Beth, wow you taught a big yoga class!!
Thank you for the links to the different YouTube workouts you've been doing. I will check those out!

Cyana, I still have problems with insomnia although some days are worse than others.

Linda, it will be nice for you to use your Fluidity Barre again.

Sandra, your sound bath workshop sounds wonderful! You are fortunate to have a niece who leads a special class like that. I am proud of your niece too!
Every week I cook a few simple healthy dishes and repeat the following week. I also do a lot of fresh raw veggie washing/chopping so I'll have them ready to make my daily colorful salad.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 11:07 AM  
cyana

Happy Moan-Day! In the interest of full disclosure, I'm pretty happy today since I have the day off.

I've been going out to sit on my front porch in the sun first thing in the morning for the past 3 days to see if that helps with the insomnia. I've had two decent nights on the Cyana Insomnia Scale (woke up in the middle of the night, but was able to get back to sleep without it taking hours). I had coffee this AM after abstaining for 2 days (DH made it especially for me since he'd gotten up several hours earlier, so I felt bad about turning it down)- I hope that doesn't sabotage my efforts. I'm thinking that I may try adding a massage with my Bob & Brad massager before bedtime.

The temperature is supposed to hit 70 this afternoon, so I'm planning to get outdoors today since I'm not chained to the desk, as I will be tomorrow.

DH and I may try to check out one of the gyms that will be accessible to us through the Renew Active program later today. It's part of our city park system and is close, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of the chains. DH is interested in the Y, but that's defined as a premium membership and since we don't have our membership packets yet, we don't have the details on how that would work (cost, limited access, etc.). The Y is farther away, so you have to factor travel time, gas, etc., into the equation.

I just came across this YT Short about cats and thought it was amusing: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/J8ZrEpd74Gs .

Sandra - Your sound bath experience sounded absolutely lovely, and it's obvious your niece has put a lot of thought and energy into making it a meaningful experience for her students. I would happily sign up if I lived in your area. I read some reviews on Planet Fitness last night, and they were definitely mixed. They have 2 facilities within a reasonable distance of my house.

Paine - I thought of your grandson yesterday - I came across a YT Short video from the UK where a little girl had developed a friendship with a delivery man who was coming to their house regularly during the lockdowns. He brought her a package and inside was a shirt so she could have a uniform just like his. It was so sweet!

Signing off with a link to a happy song to celebrate this beautiful sunny day off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGNR-gv0sRI (Do I Do - Stevie Wonder)

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 11:42 AM  
cyana

https://www.washingtonpost.com/welln...aining-health/

Yet another reason I want to get strength training back into first place in my work-out regimen.

Old 02-20-23, 11:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I'm enjoying the day off, and caught the final two episodes of Call the Midwife Season 4. Real tear jerkers. I almost fell out of my chair when the doctor tells a mom with severe morning sickness that the "magic pills" contain Thalidomide. I love that this show examines so many situations of that period, the whole gamut from poverty to childbirth in a brothel to race to repressed sexuality to --- all of it.

Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Home PT
~ A little walk at beach
~ GYM for 30 minutes recumbent bike
~ Attended a yin, restorative yoga and yoga nidra workshop at the studio
~ 7,080 steps

It felt so good to get in a little stroll by the water again, and we were treated by a gaggle of goofy Canada geese that decided to promenade in front of my car while driving in. The yoga workshop was a real treat to finish up the day. We did a meditation where a flame burns in the cave of the heart, it was profound.

Cyana, I'm so sorry about your insomnia struggles. Did you see Lee's email about his new style of qigong, Yin Yang? I did not sign up for the reveal workshop, but hope he will make a workout at some point. The cat short was cute, and I'm enjoying the Stevie Wonder song. PF can vary by location, but I love mine. They keep it spotlessly clean and have tons of equipment. They do not have group classes, if that's important to you, but you can get personal training sessions. In truth, they basically show you how to safely use the equipment and set up a chart for you to follow, but you can consult for a chart changeup any time. I got the black card so that I can use the red light vibration gizmo (i.e,. the Transporter as in beam me up Scottie) and massage beds. My only complaint is the dullards who come there to sit on the machines looking at their phones. But that's not the gym's fault.

Sandra, your sound bath sounds phenomenal. It was nice and long so you can marinate in it. How do you feel today? I hope the Reiki lady made it to you.

Waves to one and all, and if you have the day off from work, enjoy the reprieve.

Hello to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 12:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Monday! I'm off today.

Will do personals later. Just finished this KCM Box & Tone workout that I must have missed when she first posted it:
https://youtu.be/9N2vfBSbpMw

Going shoe shopping later!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 02:45 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

I hope everyone who has the day off today is enjoying it.

Today's Workout: If it's Monday it must be Body Pump at my gym!

Paine: Besides her regular yoga classes and the monthly sound bath healings (which are so popular they now lead them twice in one day), my niece regularly puts on a kids yoga program (a little yoga plus crafts), new moon goddess circles, and yoga alignment workshops. Last fall she led a 5-day retreat that went very well, and now has two more scheduled in May and in July. She's also done bridal showers and, believe it or not, a ceremony to mark the end of a marriage. This is on top of her massage practice, college courses, auditioning for singing gigs -- and of course raising my little grandniece. Honestly she's just about the most amazing person I know!

Waving to everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 09:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, the sound bath sounds great, longer than the ones I've been to. Wow, your niece is accomplishing so much! One of my friends did a little new moon ritual after the yoga class we went to last night.

Pat, glad you enjoyed your day off. How was your yoga workshop?

cyana, keeping my strength training sessions shorter has helped me to incorporate strength more often. I think your early a.m. exposure to sunlight definitely has potential to help with your insomnia; I hope you find it effective. LOL about the cat video - guess that's why I've never had the desire to own one.

Paine, you are so dedicated to your meal prep! You've probably said this before, but what do you put in your daily salad? I love salads but don't seem to have the patience to do all of the shopping and chopping that you do - you are as busy as Sandra's niece!

Wow, tomorrow is Mardi Gras already!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-21-23, 07:47 AM  
cyana

Have been getting the 500 message since late yesterday afternoon. I saved yesterday's post to a word document and it still won't let me post it.

Hope everyone's day gets off to a good start!

Old 02-21-23, 08:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, sorry, that's so annoying! Glad you didn't lose your post but weird that you keep having issues.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-21-23, 10:28 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Rodney's Abs Yoga for Beginners practice
Shiva Rea Flow Yoga for Beginners (Relaxing Flexibility Flow practice)

Sandra, I never heard of new moon goddess circles--that sounds fun. Your niece is so creative and multi-talented! You are fortunate to have a wonderful niece like that in your life.

Beth, in my salad I usually have: chopped romaine, shredded carrots, diced red bell pepper, broccoli slaw, chopped red cabbage, jicama and grape or cherry tomatoes. If I have celery and cucumber I'll add that. Sometimes I add a bit of baby spinach. I used to peel, and shred the carrots myself but now I buy them already shredded and the broccoli slaw is already shredded, so that helps cut down on prep time.

Cyana, that 500 Error is frustrating. Sometimes you can post if you make several small posts rather than a longer post.
Let us know if your morning sun exposure continues to help to improve your sleep.
That sounds like a sweet YouTube video with the little girl and the delivery man.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote