Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-23, 11:01 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm still around, just haven't been posting much (obviously). Dog walks every day, toe yoga and foot mobility were pretty much every day till this week bc I've been kind of both lazy and busy, workouts otherwise have only been happening roughly every other day. Step counts have been disappointing overall. But I'm still moving!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 08:28 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

So good to see everyone!

Helen! Your avatar and faceplant made me giggle. I can't tell you how many times I post (or think I did). Come back to the computer and there it sits. Like I was proofreading and got called away and never posted. So no spinny, spinny, wheel of death, but the same idea!!!!

Vantreesta: Even walking the dog counts and you're moving, so good on you.

Lili: You remind me I have to get back into Les Mills and see what else they have to offer (I know yours was a youtube workout, but it reminded me.) I do believe they even have CYCLING workouts. But I don't like the way the site is organized. It's overwhelming to me. So I do what I do best - DON'T GO THERE. uggggggggg. Need to look at it. I know I'd be able to do some with the egg weights and probably get a great workout.

On to me, me and all me. . .

2/24/2023: 20 mins. AMROM Leg Circuit workout on Hydrow, 30 mins. Leanne Disco ride

2/25/2023: 30 mins. Sam Yo low impact ride, 20 mins. Lane Break (top 50 song remixes or something like that!)

DOMs has arrived in full force from the Leg Circuit workout. I often wonder if 20 mins. is enough (and technically only 15 mins. as there's warm up and cool down.) I suppose maybe? Hmmm. something to think about.

Onward to Sunday! Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 02:34 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
DOMS after leg day.... a love/hate relationship.

Sunday 26
43min, Cathe - Boss - Loops - Timesaver 4 (no core), with Kathryn

Monday morning:
Cait has her first day of lectures at Sydney Uni today. She will be commuting down by train for 3 weeks whilst awaiting an empty house to move into.

That means the 6am train,
that means up at 5am,
that means we were all up with her.

As this is going to be a daily event for the next three weeks, should have planned (me, didn't plan?!). I do not function properly this early so perhaps getting my yoga in would work? Have 90min NOW, before the time I usually leave for work.... or I could take Alice for a walk - (top of 86F, but only 72F now at 6:30am)

stay tuned....

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 02:54 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Up at 5am?!? Your world is turned upside down! Getting a dog walk in before the temps rise is a good plan. I hope your body adapts quickly. We have Baxter getting us up most days around 5. He snuffles at the door, sometimes scratches at the door, bumps his head into the door, until one of us, usually me, gets up. He had a few weeks where he slept until 7! Unfortunately, he had me trained to wake up early, so not much of a break.
Cleda - You should definitely try the Les Mills! You got it for a year? They have 3 different cycling workouts, but I like Peloton better for the bike. Body Pump is a great total body weight workout, but the order is the same every time and seemed repetitive, even if the moves were different for each workout. I also don't like doing anything for an hour, but really like that each workout has a 30, 45 and 55-60 min. version. I liked their step workouts, but rarely did them. I do like Body Combat, I don't think I tried their other kickboxing style w/o. I also liked Sh'Bam, it's a dance workout that I could almost do that was fun and got my heartrate up. Boy, I went on for quite a while there.
Vantreesta - I have been struggling with low energy and not getting much in besides dog walks, so I'm right there with you.

2/24 - dog walk
2/25 - TURD

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 04:07 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/26 - dog walk
an upper body strength workout from GHU, 33 min.
Kick Start Walking Cardio from Body Project, 31 min. This used hand weights for some of the sections, so bonus points for weight work.
2/27 - 5.6 mile hike in the state park w/ hubby
shorter than normal dog walk due to impending rain.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 10:28 PM  
Helen

Oh LILI, I didn't leave you hanging, I promise! I posted this morning (about 5:30), with what's below (roughly), but must have walked away with it in preview mode.

Nothing yesterday except a dog walk prior to collecting Cait from the train - then debriefing how her first day went.

Did someone say something about low energy?

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 03-01-23, 04:56 PM  
Helen

Ended Feb and day 1 of March with TURDS - the early mornings have been rough. Had great plans to do one of EVERYTHING (cardio, weights, stretch, meditate) on the 1st (yesterday) but ......

so here's the >> March Thread <<

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 03-03-23, 07:50 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

To finish off February

Ain't so perty!

2/26/2023: Rest day

2/27/2023: 15 mins. Climb ride + Aquil's Making Moments 15 mins. row

2/28/2023: Rest day

Lili: i will have to get into Les Mills. You gave me some direction. I get so turned off by any type of mountain climbers, thrusts, etc. Does not do me any good. Dizzy. Up down, up down. I have to be very, very careful. Not to mention I have never liked them. This just gives me an excuse NOT to do them. Yes. I got some great deal on it. Like $60 for the year or something ridiculous, so I figured, why not. ???

Great day to all. On to March!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 12:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
Ain't so perty!

2/26/2023: Rest day

2/27/2023: 15 mins. Climb ride + Aquil's Making Moments 15 mins. row

2/28/2023: Rest day

Lili: i will have to get into Les Mills. You gave me some direction. I get so turned off by any type of mountain climbers, thrusts, etc. Does not do me any good. Dizzy. Up down, up down. I have to be very, very careful. Not to mention I have never liked them. This just gives me an excuse NOT to do them. Yes. I got some great deal on it. Like $60 for the year or something ridiculous, so I figured, why not. ???

Great day to all. On to March!
Cleda
I don't hate burpees and squat thrusts (not my favorite but don't hate) but I DO hate mountain climbers. Sometimes I do them as instructed, sometimes I do them elevated and sometimes I do high knees instead. I used to skip them bc they hurt my hips but they don't really anymore so I try to do them at least part of the time. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right??
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote