Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-23, 05:59 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
• Ooooh you and those egg-weights! (La La La La.....) Though glad I mentioned one that would work for them.
• Temp even better today, max of 79F predicted

Sat-5
Didn't do either of the Cathe's - STUPIDLY actually DID some work in the afternoon & time slipped away & Kathyrn called to know what we were doing. Wasn't thinking clearly & instead of offering MMA - Boxing, gave her TODAY's scheduled one (playing catchup) of Shock Cardio - Step Moves.

Then I realised what I'd done, and said ooorrrrrr the boxing but she opted for the step (44min vs. 49) so that's what we did.
44min, Cathe - Shock Cardio - Step Moves

Sunday's list:
MUST
DONE 49min, Cathe - MMA - Boxing
(later) 53min, Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 1 - Legs
DONE - beach 90min, dog walk Alice outing
DONE - washing - peg last load & unpeg those already out, & put it all away
SHOULD
DONE some weeding, emphasis on SOME
DONE Alice - give her a clip
Alice - indoor training
DONE Sweep/vacuum - floorboards are sandy from SOME-one's fluffy feet (beach yesterday)
NICE
Day 01 of Yoga with Adriene - 2015 30-Day Challenge
Balance Meditation App - Lesson 2
DONE Alice - give her a bath
WORK
DONE Extension 1 maths questions - exercise 14B (so ready for tomorrow)
Extension 1 maths questions - Exercise 14C for Thursday
DONE Plan lessons for tomorrow (Years 10, 7, 9, & 11)
AVOID
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 07:50 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

quick check in

Waves to all .....

2/4/2023: 45 mins. Jenn Sherman Sing along ride

That's all she wrote.
Have a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-23, 06:56 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Trying to stay consistent

no comments. (dancing with myself .....)

2/5/2023: Row 20 mins. (although it might have only been 15 mins? Not sure now!) but it was a Breathe. 15 mins. Standing Abs with Rebecca Kennedy (Peloton) and yes! I used my 1 lb. egg weights!! 10 mins. Lanebreak on the bike

That's it. A mishmosh of workouts as I didn't feel much like working out. Slept in this a.m. (went back to bed at 4 a.m. after feeding the cats!) And just got up. have to get ready for work, so who knows what, if anything, gets done today.

I did go to the park yesterday for Pokemon Community day, but it was cold. (Not nearly as cold as the day before, but still cold for me.) The park is on a lake, so it's always windy and colder than most places. I joked with dh that it felt like spring (at home!) compared to the park! I did a little walking, but nothing that even counts. Most was done from the comfort of my nice, heated car!

Waves to all.
Cleda
Old 02-06-23, 04:05 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/4 - Dance Through the Decades w/ Gina B, 27"
70's Disco Walk w/ Fit & Hungry, 20"
plank & push-ups
2/5 - dog walk
Unplugged 2024
Motown Mix Walking w/ Gina B, 23"
Fun ABBA Walk w/ Reps guy, 13"
push-ups
2/6 - dog walk
Hike w/ hubby (he's starting to really like these!), 5.02miles
push-ups

Between Helen and Cleda mentioning Cathe's MMA Boxing, I decided to try it on Sunday. I don't think I finished the warm-up when I ditched it. It was more of a time management thing, I needed to get dinner in the oven. Some day.
Cleda - thanks for the walk + run recommendation. I don't do them often, but I do like them. I'm not a big Jon Hosking fan, he's too overly animated for me. But, I do like Disney themed workouts, so I will give it a try. I am trying to build up to running again, but without a race in my future, I am less motivated to just go out and run.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-23, 06:50 PM  
Helen

Missed yesterday's posting ahead.

Anyway:
Mon-6
48min, Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 1 - Legs
It was done late but done. Was pleasantly surprised - no barbell work and all were just a single set then move to another exercise, so the time went by quickly. Given the humidity, I opted NOT to do the "optional" floor/band work at the end. May add it on after getting tonight's Week 2 - Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps done.

Also:
45min, dog walk

Still not getting to even START a 30-day Yoga challenge - with DH away, and work starting up, and spending MORE time with Alice since she's alone all day.... time just runs out.

Drive-by, as I'm at work right now.

ETA
I didn't ENJOY the boxing workout - perhaps because I couldn't get fully into it as had Alice on the end of a long pull-toy throughout (maybe?) She's been quite demanding of my time - going back to work with DH away, after having both of us all day for over a month has been rough on her - so I GIVE her my attention as much as possible.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-07-23, 06:55 AM  
Helen

Tue-7
60min, dog walk
55min, Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 2 - Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps
13min, Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 1 - Legs - Bonus Leg Drills Addon
15min, Balance App - Ease Loneliness - Day 2
5min, Balance App - Foundations I - Day SIX, edited from 1

Have been forgetting to post that I've been using a meditation app (called Balance). It's free for a year. Started the Foundations I programme (just 5min per day, for 10 days, and last night started the Ease Loneliness programme, which is 15min/day - maybe 10 days as well. Not sure.

It's almost 11pm - need to shower (JUST finished weights workouts) & get to bed.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-08-23, 01:55 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Uh Oh ...

Leaving Helen alone here to talk to herself!

I only have time to post though:

2/6/2023: REST DAY
- I woke up at my usual 4 a.m., fed the cats and decided to lay back down for "a little bit"!!! 2.5 hours later, I woke up and had to get ready for work. Must have needed it. Swapped sleep for the workout and I'm ok with that!

2/7/2023:
5 mins. row warm up, 20 mins. Row (forget with whom), 20 mins. Country Ride (Peloton w/Bradley Rose), 10 mins. KCM Punching pre mix (Helen - don't continue reading) with 1.5 lb. egg weights! PERFECT.

That's it.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Old 02-08-23, 04:44 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Not much time to post, so just the workouts:

2/7 - TURD
2/8 - dog walk
started 2 different GHU weight workouts, quit after 5 min. each.
Peloton's 20 Min. Total Body Strength w/ Andy Speer (I like him and the playlist was mostly good)
Tried a new to me walking workout on YT, but there were ads after each song, only lasted 10 min. on that one.
Gina B's Bruno Mars Walk, 17 min. (very high pace, which is fine, but she sped up the music which I don't like)

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-23, 12:59 AM  
Helen

Wed-8
30min, dog walk
10min, Meditation - Balance App - Foundations I - Day 7
it has moved up from 5min/day to 10
15min, Meditation - Balance App - Ease Loneliness - Day 3

It's Thursday after work.
Had a fully crap day at work yesterday - just type/deleted an explanation. Essentially, people running the swimming carnival don't have the computer expertise to set up their record tracking software (person who used to has gone), so I was TOLD I'd be doing it, with no notice (carnival was TODAY) and made out they were doing me a favour by covering my classes so I could get it done. NOT. MY. JOB! There may have been some swearing.

Also, typed "Day 1" for Foundations I, when I'd reached day 6 already.
Sulked with Alice for the evening, after her walk - no energy left to do the scheduled cardio.

Thursday's plans (now 4:30pm)
MUST:
40min, walk Alice
65min, Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 2 - Back & Triceps
SHOULD:
28min, Cathe - Shock Cardio - HIIT - 30 | 30 (catchup from last night)
NICE:
15min, Cathe - Ab Circuits - Yoga Based Abs (catchup from weekend)
35min, Adriene - 30 Day Challenge 2015 - Day 1 Ease Into It
WORK:
Prep for Friday (4 lessons to prepare)
OTHER:
Burn the Yoga Wheel DVD I've made from YouTube clips, 1st of at perhaps 2 or 3.
10min, Meditation - Foundations 1 - Day 8
15min, Meditation - Ease Loneliness - Day 4

So... that's almost ~2.5 hrs in the gym, ~0.5 hrs meditation, <1 hr walking Alice, ~1 hour lesson prep, + ~1 hr for shower, TV, dinner ...,
= 6 hrs maximum. After coffee, it'll be around 5pm, so that'll put me at 11pm.

First draft had me at 2am, with "Ok, not all going to happen. ", so edited durations back a bit, and removed "general putzing ~1 hr)" , ...
Let's see how I go! Busy is good - keeps me from whaling.

Oh... just looked at an STS workout card sitting out - the nice kind that I have lost - don't know where they came from, but those from Workout Manager aren't anywhere NEAR as nice - had intended on making them in excel.... there's another hour - at least.

So... this is the look of determination!

ETA
DONE Template for STS Workout Cards
DONE Make Workout Card for Disc 05 Back & Triceps
DONE Walk Alice (+ dinner)
DONE Set Yoga Wheel 1 DVD disc to burn
DONE STS M1W2D05 Back & Triceps
NEXT Bed, where I'll get that meditation done (but maybe fall asleep....

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-09-23, 05:14 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

quick note

(with nothing to report). . but wanted to say:

Helen: I can so relate (not same circumstances, but issues with work) and it just drains the life out of me. So, I totally understand the NOT doing anything when you get home. Hang in there. Chin up and I hope the workout helped. If nothing else? raised the endorphins. Better coping skills! We're here - post away.

Lili: I DESPISE commercials on Youtube. But I'm too cheap to buy (yet another subscription) so I don't have them. I am thrilled with the people who DO NOT have ads in the middle of their workouts or every 5 mins. And as a result? Will watch the ads (or at least let them play) in the beginning of the workout.

While I'm here!!!

2/8/2023: REST DAY **

** wasn't supposed to be, but I'm trying to get caught up on all things doctor since the pandemic. I'm verrrrry behind. I spent most of the afternoon on the phone, trying to schedule things. Ugggg. This is part of the reason I put it off so long. I knew it would take a long time. I had to research, make calls. I've reached the age where many of my previous doctors have retired. So I am looking for new ones.

The truth is though? I should have made time to exercise. I got as far as filling my water bottles. I also had an appointment in the morning, so was up and out of the house early. Then did my usual stock gas/grocery run so my day was topsy turvy. Again - should have MADE the time, but many times if I don't get it done first thing in the a.m.? It does NOT get done.

So, that means I must get off the computer and get busy. I need to get something done before heading into work.

Make it a great day!
Waves to all.
Cleda