Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-03-23, 03:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

There is a bright yellow orb in the sky this afternoon! We're not sure what it is, but rumors say that it's the ! It has been cloudy ALL WEEK and so it's good to see. It's in the mid-40s, coldish for here, but we did let Polly out. It's right on the line of when we let her out, but since she has been inside so much, out she went.

We have no appointments and no real "have to dos" today. It feels like a Saturday. I'm enjoying it. We did do a load of laundry and I'll probably work on my book some today.

I've gotten a fair amount done on it this week and went past the 10,000 word count. I am getting pretty detailed in how to set up a kitchen, how NOT to cook, how to deal with an entire family when one person has eating intolerances, etc. I'm not sure if I'm getting into too much detail, but it all seems important, so I'll keep writing and then edit it.

Anita - It's nice to have a designer to check with on your new place, one who you already know and trust. I hope that the weather pattern changes soon so you can get out more.

Paula - Yeah, it does help if you have something to retire TO rather than just away from. Even if we hadn't moved, I would have set up something to work on after retirement.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 10:51 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 24 Moderate Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

DH was still fatigued from yesterday's treatment but he's not one to sit around and watch TV all day. So we hung around the house but got a few projects done I'd been putting off, like cleaning out the refridgerator. He wanted to get out so we went to CPK for lunch.

Anita, I've been hearing so much about the severe weather hitting the midwest and north east - are you OK? I know it's always cold where you are this time of year, but are you getting the awful sub zero wind chill I keep hearing about? When it's too cold to walk outside, do you have some DVD's or workouts you can do inside. How nice to have a designer to help you make choices - gosh I wish I'd done that for colors. Somehow I can choose coordinating colors for a quilt but when I'm choosing colors for walls I'm not as good. It's picturing how something will look on a big space with furniture against it - just not good at it. I guess we're all agreed we're ready for some casual pants that aren't jeans and aren't sweats. When exactly will stores realize that? Honestly I went to Macy's and saw what seemed like a million pairs of jeans by different lables and nothing else that was caual and comfortable. Guess I could run around in PJ's I saw a woman in Target the other day in what I would swear was pajama pants. Bet she was comfortable though.

Laura, do you hear the Beatles singing "here comes the sun, little darlin, it seems like years since it's been here". Glad you got a sunny day. Also, glad Polly got to go out for awhile. I'm so impressed with your progress on your book. If I may humbly add my two cents, the information you think may be too much - isn't. Anyone who doesn't need it can skip those chapters. But many people will need and want that information. I've been frustrated more than once seeking information of something where it seems improssible to drill down to the basics - too much is assumed. Trying to learn something only works when you can get the fundaments down.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 09:43 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yay! The frigid cold is gone today and for the next week! I’m planning on taking a nice long walk today! Otherwise putzing around the house.

Laura, yay for sunshine! We’ve had sunshine despite the cold, which I didn’t mind at all! I did get a new battery for my car this fall and am happy I did that! It would be difficult to start a car in some of the temps we’ve been having! It’s been forever since I did word counts - how many pages is 10,000 words? I didn’t really set up much for my retirement years, but had thought I’d be working for the circus lots more than I ended up doing. I’m kind of using my WRC time as a work project - don’t know if something will come up when I move to the co-op, but hope to make some friends to do stuff with.

Paula, I’m doing fine - I think the Northeastern US had lots more power outages than us when the cold weather hit - that wouldn’t be fun . I did some chair yoga Thursday on video, but otherwise just putzing around the house and watching lots more TV than I should. I’d like to use similar colors to what I currently have on the walls, but frankly think that seeing it on real walls will be better than trying to plan for it before ground is broken for the building. Another thing I hate in the stores is jeans with rips in them - I just don’t get it…. I’ve seen people (mostly teens) wearing PJs pants in stores, but doubt I’ll do that.

Waves to all!

Anita

ETA: the orchid lady called and will be picking up my orchids and equipment at 2:30 today - yay! All is packed up for her!

ETA2: All gone! And paid for!
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 07:15 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a sort of lazy day and I've enjoyed it. We got up a tad on the early side because we had a family Zoom call between NC and Tokyo. It was a good talk. Our niece is 18, finished high school (and is waiting for the graduation later this month), got her first part-time job, and is doing things to prepare for college. One good thing about the change to daylight savings time in March will be it will only be a 13-hour time difference rather than 14. I don't know why, but that one hour makes a significant difference.

For lunch, I fixed myself a beef and cabbage soup in the Insta Pot. It was the first time I cooked it and it was good, especially given that it got colder overnight. I also fixed DH a green bean casserole to go with food he already had.

This afternoon, I investigated possible URLs and created several sample logos for an eventual website, something I'll need before publishing my book. I don't need it now, but I'm trying to do a little at a time.

Paula - That's a very good point. I'll keep putting in all the details and see what happens. I sometimes forget how much I know. I hope DH is back to normal. Every time you mention CPK, I think that we should try that at some point.

Anita - My book is 82 pages. That includes a fair number of graphics. I'm trying to break up all the text with tables and infographics and quotes. And that makes it longer. We got your really cold weather pattern (with temps adjusted for here). On Monday or Tuesday, we're supposed to get your warming trend. Send it east!!!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 09:21 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 26 Core.

Pretty day here so we went flying.

Anita, so happy you're warming up. We hear nothing but how the north and north east are being slammed in freezing weather. Glad you haven't lost power. I'm with you on jeans with rips in them - I don't get it either. Does that date us? I suspect it does.

Laura, fun speaking with family in Japan. I have a hard time with the time difference between the west coast and the east coast and it's only 3 hours. Lazy days are good. If I had a bigger kitchen I'd get an Insta Pot (and a Kitchen Aid stand mixer) but as long as I'm living here I'll be making soups on the stove top and be satisfied with my Kitchen Aid hand mixer. DH is feeling back to normal now, thank you for asking. Does your computer program count the words? Or do you estimate how many words are on an average page. Hope you're keeping warm.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 12:48 AM  
Vantreesta

Yay for selling orchids, lazy days and good weather for flying!

I've had a bad headache most of the day. I doubt doing Sudoku all afternoon and evening helped. It went away with meds this afternoon but came back tonight. I did a 5 minute Yoga with Bird practice this morning. I should have gone ahead and done the Adriene one for migraines (this is sinus and tension but still).

I'm chuckling at the ripped jeans. That's what my dad always said but I bought them anyway and even have as an adult!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote