Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-05-23, 09:13 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Usually if I have a Bllizzard, it's from Dairy Queen. 2/5

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 09:30 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Another wonderful warm winter day! I’m planning on taking a walk - on yesterday’s walk I saw 11 deer! My orchids are now at their new home along with all my supplies - feels like a bit of a relief even though it’s still over a year before my move. My favorite orchid that I’ve had about 30 years was blooming .

Laura, so will your niece be going to college in Japan or coming back to the US? Be careful selecting logos for your project - there’s lots out there that have been claimed by businesses and lawyers. Hopefully you know how to do that! Yay on 82 pages! I hope our current warmth makes it to your area!

Paula, Three hours is the same time difference I’m now having with my friends in Chile - considering they are half a globe away, it’s nice to be able to contact them fairly easily compared to 14 hours for Laura! Glad DH is feeling better .

Vantreesta, Sorry for your headache - hope you’re feeling better today. I try to play lots of Sudoku also, but am having frustration with vision - my latest operated eye is all fogged over in close reading - hopefully it will clear in about a week. It makes seeing numbers and blank areas kind of a challenge in Sudoku. Unfortunately my only ripped up jeans are ones that wear holes between my legs .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-05-23, 12:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Anita, I can't imagine having a plant for 30 years! I very much hope I can keep my cactus and aloe plant alive. I was wondering yesterday how your eyes were doing. I'm so sorry things are still not all clear. Is this normal after cataract surgery? Praying things improve soon for you. I find Sudoku soo addictive!! I have had to pretty much stop doing them after our last walk bc I will just keep doing one after another for hours, staying up way too late, which is too easy for me to do anyway. I buy books of them at Dollar Tree and also do them online. Last night I did them in my dreams. Well, technically this morning since I stayed up till almost 3 AM watching horror movies bc I wasn't tired/sleepy. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose jeans wear out in the inseam area! They never did when I was younger so I just assumed my thigh size was the culprit but maybe I just move around and walk a lot more than when I was younger. My aunt patched about a dozen pairs of jeans for me bc the rest was fine except the inseams. I knew some wouldn't last long bc the material had gotten so thin so the ones that are worn out again I'm taking back to her so she can use the good denim for patches. I'm home so much I just wear the patched ones most of the time and save the better ones to wear out and about.

My head is better today but still sort of achy in head, shoulders and neck. I'll make sure to move around more and loosen up and not do as much Sudoku today!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 08:36 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today flew by. We attended church virtually this morning. Then, I went to that church for a lunch meeting of the women's group. I figured it would give me a chance to meet people and actually do something out of the house. They had flowers on the tables and asked that someone from every table take the flowers and give them to someone who would appreciate getting them. Since no one at my table took them, I ended up with them and dropped them off for Mom and Dad. Just before that, Dad asked Mom if she would like to go get a Blizzard (at Dairy Queen - ironic, given the theme huh? ). So they waited for me for me and we went together. This evening, we hung out and I got to interact with Polly. She apparently missed me this afternoon because she was all over me after I got home.

Vantreesta - I hope your whole upper body lets go and relaxes. I guess you're the young representative with ripped jeans. Even if it's young-at-heart.

Paula - Yeah, I had problems with 3 hours until my brother moved to Japan. Then, today, someone contacted me about doing a class on a specific day at a specific time. She sent me the time in Greenwich Mean Time. It took me a while and a couple of websites to figure out the time. I was kind of glad when the date wasn't good for me. That makes sense about what you have in your kitchen. We have a surprisingly small kitchen given the size of the house, but we have a closet down the hall where I keep my big kitchen toys. Without that, I couldn't have everything I use.

Anita - I hope you enjoyed your warm winter day. My niece is applying to schools in Japan. One of them is Temple University's campus in Tokyo, but still in Japan. I did a trademark search on website names and found one without any active trademarks similar to it. And I used a logo maker online to make it with an icon. I should do an image search on it though, just to be sure. Good point!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 10:49 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 27 Cardio Tone and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, are you saying you got rid of an orchid you'd had for 30 years! I was blown away, don't know I could do that. When we left for Mexico to be there for months I had to give away some rose trees I'd had for years - nothing like 30 years - but it hurt. I felt like I was giving away a pet. I don't have any roses now that I'd had as long as those roses. I sound a bit pathetic to myself right now. DH is considering cateract surgery but several of our friends are having a side effects or long recovery time so now he's unsure.

Vantreestra, I hope you're feeling better and your headache is gone. If you're going to have an addiction Sudoku seems like a good one - you don't gain weight or abuse your body or other people and it has the advantage of making your brain work.

Laura, I suspect you guys have a heck of a time scheduling a zoom call with your brother's family. Do you wish your niece was looking at colleges in the US? Good luck with your website - logo and hope your logo is one you can use.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-23, 09:03 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Not much planned for today other than a walk and game of spades this evening. I think I’m done with taxes, but still holding on in case something gets mailed to me that I already didn’t download.

Vantreesta, I have several plants that are way over thirty years old that I got from my mother’s house when she passed - I repot them and maintain them, but I hope things like her jade plant will survive the next move. My latest operated eye is still pretty sensitive to bright light and having some problems with cloudiness - I might give the clinic a call to see if I’m still good - I’ll be going back in for a checkup in a week. I don’t know which game is more addictive - Sudoku or Mahjong solitaire - both can suck me in for hours!

Laura, on fulfilling our group title this week at Dairy Queen! Nice to get some flowers for your parents - was there a wedding at the church that brought in all the flowers? My future kitchen will be a bit smaller than what I currently have storage wise, so I’ll have to see what will fit in there or use the closets for some things. The top storage areas go up to about 8.5 feet, so I’ll need a step stool to use those shelves. I just remember that my old employer had several techs and lawyers that researched their logos online when new products came out!

Paula, yeah, I gave away my favorites as far as orchids - there were two I was thinking of keeping forever, but went ahead and passed them on. It feels like the lower level of my house now is abandoned. Frankly, it’s hard to tell if the cataract surgery was a good thing - it’s certainly harder to recover from than I thought it would be. The vision restored to my eyes is a good thing though!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-06-23, 05:03 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today went by quickly. This morning, I ran some errands - library, pharmacy, and Walmart pick-up. After lunch, I have caught up on the computer and gotten some stuff done around the house - a load of laundry, hand washing some dishes, and interacting with Polly.

Polly got to go outside today! Yay! She seems more content after getting some fresh air on her brain and sunshine on her fur.

Anita - There was a mason jar with a small arrangement of flowers on each table at the lunch I went to. That's what I took to Mom, the flowers off the table I sat at. Thanks for the legal reminder. There are so many things to remember when starting something online.

Paula - No, I think my niece is better off in Japan for now. She is quiet and, although she had a lot of friends in high school, I think she has problems making friends in situations in which she feels uncomfortable. So, I hope she finds a program in Japan that sends her overseas for a semester or more and/or the opportunity to participate in different programs in other countries. One of those main countries will always be the U.S., so she would come here in that case. If she goes to the Temple campus in Tokyo, for example, she would spend a semester at least on the main campus in the Philadelphia area. I'd hope to interact with her some around some of those programs. She should have already had the opportunity to do some of this type of thing in high school, but COVID happened. My nephew, for example, is taking a special program of classes with Stanford University especially designed for Japanese high school students. It's on the business and culture in Silicon Valley. He's also applying for a program that would take him to New York City and DC to study about how government works in the U.S. OK. That's more than you ever wanted to know!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-06-23, 08:01 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch. I cut my workout a bit short this morning as we were expecting the electricians by 9:00 am.

The arrived on time and had the recessed lights installed and the mudding and texturing done by 1:00 pm. We have to wait three days before painting. But so far so good, we both like the new recessed lighting, makes the kitchen look and feel larger. The light (LED Daylight) is so...much nicer than the florescent lights we had before. So, I'm happy, we're happy.

Anita, any vision restoration is a good thing? Of course, if you have are having side effects it may be a hard decision which is the better choice. I hope you can keep the jade plant going. I hope my next kitchen will be smarter than my current one. My home is 47 years old, so it needs some upgrading. Being short (I used to be 5'4" and now I'm 5'3") high storage is always a challenge. I keep a step stool but I don't like to haul it out. I've seen those cupboards with pull out shelving. I think I'd love those. I suspect we'll be moving sometime before we hit 80. But we'll likely be in one of those apartments for seniors like my parents had which will be smaller than our current condo and the kitchen will be a kitchenette like you get in some hotels. So my hopes are merely dreaming.

Laura, glad Polly got her outside time so necessary for her attitude adjustment. Sounds like your niece is taking the best route for her. I do hope she gets to spend some time in the US or another country before she graduates. Would be nice for you to be able to spend some time with her too.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-23, 08:53 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’m trying to stop some automatic renewal payments on software on my old computer that no longer exists. I’m hoping it’s now blocked, but I still get auto-emails about it. Sigh…. Otherwise planning on taking a walk today and maybe stopping by the grocery store. I might turn in my taxes also - I don’t think I’ll be getting any additional mailings about them. It’s just a quiet day!

Laura, glad Polly is feeling good about her outside adventure . The flowers sound very cute in their jars. I’m sure the Japanese universities are excellent for your niece and her having Japanese language skills will likely help her with many international jobs.

Paula, yay on the new lights! I like the yellower toned LED lights over the old blue-white ones - I think the daylight ones you got are good. I still have some old fluorescents downstairs and in my office upstairs, but I rarely use them - I use desk lamps and floor lights instead. Changing out my old fluorescents was a big project when I remodeled, but I got warmer fluorescent bulbs. I love my pullout shelving! Definitely a must for my next co-op unit! My kitchen will be a bit smaller than currently, but I’ve been busy downsizing in there so everything should transfer OK.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-07-23, 06:53 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We enjoyed a day at home. I am working on setting up a free website. The last time I went for an optimal solution. This time, I just want to have a place where I can refer people for more information about my book, so I'm keeping it simple.

I also cooked dinner for DH, a chicken and pineapple dish with a Hawaiian barbeque sauce. It sounds like it was okay, but not great. We're going to wait to see how it is tomorrow after the flavors have a chance to set more before deciding if I'll make it again in the future.

Paula - Good lighting is so important in a home. I'm glad you got something better than you had.

Anita - Good luck with recurring charges. Hopefully, you fixed it. If not, good luck getting it done.

Laura's Workout Mantras: