Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-23, 09:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning girls! Well our snowmageddon turned into rain which tapered off. I hope everyone else had the same. Catching up a little:

Tuesday:
~ Kassandra morning affirmations
~ Senior Shape Walking Workout with Weights
~ Some restorative poses for back
~ 4,923 steps.

Wednesday: Nothing formal, book club and rest day; 3,505 steps

I didn't find the walking workout to be very senior-ish. That or I'm out of shape! It challenged me somewhat, even with my light walking weights - only 1.5 pounds each.

I'm very sorry to run - I wish everyone a happy and healthy day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-23, 09:56 AM  
donnamp

Pat - I don't find Lauren's workouts to be very senior-ish either, they are certainly not the hardest workouts out there, but I find them to be challenging in spots - I would say that most of what I have done from her has been somewhere in the intermediate range. She doesn't go super fast, but I think that ends up resulting in more control and range of motion. I am always a little surprised when I do them b/c they often end up being harder than I expected. I really like her barre workouts. i find her workouts to be relaxing - I think it is Lauren's style and the soft blue shades of her workout space!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 06:04 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Today is my last day caring for Angel and, to be honest, it’s time. It’s been every day for over a year right at noon, which really messes up any possible plans to do anything else. My friend’s partner is retiring in April and both can work from home a couple of days a week until that time. They honestly didn't think she would live this long and, other than not being mobile, she appears really healthy and feisty. I’m happy to be done but will miss her, although I can see her anytime I like. Onward and upward!

Today’s workout is no workout. I’ve got a ton of errands to do before getting to Angel but I wanted to check in and wish everyone a great Friday!

Donna: Do you subscribe to Jessica Valent’s channel? I like the look of her workouts and am curious if her subscription is even better.

Pat: LOL snowmageddon – thankfully did not appear! Phew!

Waves to Summer Breeze, Beth & Debbie! I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 06:45 AM  
dlb

GM everyone & happy Friday,

Diane – Portugal seems to be popular. My news feeds seem to give me articles of retirement there. Google knows all… I agree about outdoor rides. 20 years ago, I rode in a 6 day charity ride from MN to Chicago. I swear I didn’t touch my bike for a couple years. It also killed my desire to ride on regular roads.

Yesterday - I hooked up with Ellen for a 30 minute walk - it was so BORING, I quit after 15. Then checked out a strength class on Peleton. I've never tried classes other than riding. The trainer was ok, but between exercises she was shimmying & singing, weird to see.

Gotta figure out what to do before I start my work day...
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I added on Ellen's Focused Flow.

This morning I did Ellen's Bend & Extend. We are supposed to have two brief planned power outages today, so I needed to start early and finish early. This was only 20 minutes so it worked well.

I may add more on later today...

Debbie - which Ellen walk did you try? I would tend to agree that her "cardio" workouts are not as good as her fusion stuff. Fusion is where she shines, for sure.

Diane - I can see how having a regular 'to do' at noon can become a drag. I'm glad you can still stop in to see Angel whenever you want. I do subscribe to Jessica's paid site, and I do like it - she offers a nice mix of Pilates - strength - mobility - HIIT, etc. All done in a "reasonable" way. She generally puts shorter versions of her full length workouts on You Tube, so it is probably a safe bet to say you would like the full length workouts.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Donna
Old 01-27-23, 10:13 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! The snow came in, but no high winds. I made it to Denver Wednesday morning on schedule and it's been back-to-back meetings ever since. I'm meeting DH at the airport around 3pm today to head back. His phone died during his work trip, so we've had to communicate through email. It's been strange to say the least and will be definitely interesting trying to meet up! I will try to catch up this weekend and see what all you've been doing!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 11:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!!!!!!! Good morning! This felt like a l-o-n-g week. Yesterday I did not achieve what I planned, but did manage:

~ 20 plies and hip cleaners
~ Ellen's 10 Minute WW Walk
~Kassandra's new 15 Minute Gentle Yoga for Flexibility & Stress Reduction
~ 5,667 steps

The new Kassandra was easygoing, nothing new. Her furry tabby cat was active throughout it. Coming and going, at one point jumping up on the windowsill then staring down camera at the end. Once when the cat was off camera there were clattering noises which I figure was that mischievous kitty. I wonder if she still has Cleo, the fluffy cuddle bug.

Donna, thank you for your comments about Lauren. I don't feel so out of shape now. I'm looking forward to trying her barre workouts soon. Sitting all day is awful!

Diane, thank goodness your storm wasn't too-too bad. Would you ever return to LI or consider CT or NJ? All three have their issues, but also their charms and get much less snow.

Debbie I can understand why you didn't bike for a while after that trip! I would be scared to bike on regular roads. My office is in a wooded area and my last few miles are on a narrow, steep and winding two lane road with no shoulders, just the fog line and trees. It's a Mecca for hardcore bikers who challenge themselves to pedal up the hill, and they often lurch toward traffic while trying to handle the bike. I have a heart attack every time I round a bend and one is in my path!

Summer Breeze, congratulations on getting your pace back up, and on your DOMS.

Beth, does your DH have an iPhone? I ask because my co-worker and her mother's iPhones both died at the same time and they think it was an IOS glitch. Thank goodness you made it there safe.

Have a wonderful Friday!
Old 01-28-23, 07:05 AM  
dlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Debbie - which Ellen walk did you try? Donna
- It was listed on her weekly schedule - A 30 minute walk. I agree she does shine for her fusion work.

In GD - did anyone watch the Margaret Richards clip where her hair resembled Eddie Van Halen. Heck when I watched it the 1st time, I thought it was him . I didnt watch the entire video but it looked good.

Yesterday, jumped on the bike for a 30 min ride. Then worked at my job from 7A - 6P. Had a mini break when I ran one of my pups to the groomer.

I'm seriously thinking of looking for a new job - although I hate the idea of interviewing & all of that. Plus I've been there 29 years - lots to give up.

Anyways - have a great day...

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-23, 11:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday girls! The sun is shining here for a change. Yesterday featured:

~ Senior Shape 30 Minute Walking Workout/Dance Cardio
~ Senior Shape Gentle Yoga Stretch
~ 6,896 steps

Debbie, I haven't watched that MR video yet. There's one in her Classics collection, I think, where she looks like a lion! I think I know the Ellen walking workout you mentioned, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't make it through. Nothing but marching for 30 minutes.

Donna, thanks for writing about that Senior Shape walking workout - I loved it!

Good morning to Summer Breeze, Diane and Beth! Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-28-23, 04:58 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Arms & Abs

Dog walk - the weather was nice today, not too cold and not windy so my Golden got treated to a longer walk

Pat - I'm glad you enjoyed that walk. I get the same Ellen feel good vibe from it but it is more interesting than that Core Walk she has. Which, I will still do from time to time b/c sometimes it fits what I need.

Debbie - yikes, that is a long day. I recently switched departments where i work and it is much better. However, I think my heart just isn't in it any more - I am really just ready to retire, but, unfortunately, can't just yet. I have a DD who is still in college and hopes to go to vet school. (EEK!).

Beth -hope you guys made it home safely.

Waves, Diane and Summer Breeze.

Donna