Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-23, 07:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Yesterday I did get a short dog walk in - it looked like it was going to rain, but then it didn't so we could have gone longer....and I added on Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Pilates - Hips & Pelvis. My hips are just so tight from sitting, this was a good one to do.

Today, ended up being:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - 15 Min Cardio & Standing Strength w/ one dumbbell.

I also added on Jessica Valent's hip mobility routine.

Lauren reminds me a little bit of Jessica Smith in that she is able to teach a variety of exercise styles very well - she also reminds me a little bit of Ellen, too, b/c I find her calming but sneaky (the workouts end up being harder than I expect, but in a good way).

Sherry - I like Improved Health - I should get back to her channel and work my way through her strength play list.

wishiwasinhawaii - all sounds good with you!

Pam - I hope your mom's house sells with no issues.

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 03:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

We were in CT yesterday, so no workout to report for Friday.

Saturday, I was on the treadmill finishing up the Namibia series, but my screen gave me no confetti for completing the 10 workout challenge. It will still count as a "trophy" on my menu screen, as the Italy series did for the March monthly challenges. But, getting confetti is always nice, haha!

We're going to play a card game called San Juan and it's a nice light game for today. It's rainy today and we already got a bit of hail this morning.

Have a good weekend, all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 10:17 PM  
Leonana

Today was one of Jessica’s you tube Mobility workouts, Full Body Dynamic Stretch. It’s a nice dynamic stretch to improve mobility.

Pam, good luck with your house. Hopefully, it will be sold soon.

Donna, I hope your day off was enjoyable. I enjoyed taking it easy today.
Old 03-26-23, 11:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be MIA.

My workout report:

Saturday -

Lively Ladies - 30 min Slim & Trim Walking Workout

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis

Sunday - so far.... (planing a walk later - nice weather today!!! )

Fatihtful Workouts - Intermediate Everything Workout - this was "everything" Pazaz, weights, core, floorwork and kickboxing

Faithful Workouts - Power Flow - Letting go - this was a yoga/fusion style workout. Filmed outdoors w/ MoJo, so I think it must have been an older one.

Yesterday morning DD and I went to an Eastern European Egg painting class at our local art center. It was a lot of fun. My DD is a good artist and she made several beautiful eggs - mine were a little more child-like, lol! But doing that activity reminded me that I need more of that creative stuff in my life. It is so easy to put that stuff aside b/c we are so busy with the day to day. But it was very relaxing to just do something different and creative for a few hours. i need to make a point of finding the time for that at least weekly. It really boosted my spirits and gave me a fresh outlook.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!!

Donna
Old 03-27-23, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday.

Yesterday I did get out to walk my doggie - and then I added on Jessica Valent's Juicy Spine Routine.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valent - Lower Body Beginner Weights Part 2

Jessica Valent - Side to Side Pilates

I seem to be on a Jessica Valent kick. I'm looking forward to seeing what her Hips Challenge looks like for April. Hips and low back are my trouble spots.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

Donna
Old 03-27-23, 01:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday, I took another rest day. For some reason hips were hurting and I didn't want to aggravate anything with walks or weights. The walks I've been doing on TM have been very fast paced, so I think that's the culprit. And, maybe not enough warmup or easing into the workout.

Today I was back on the treadmill with short, easy walks. One in Hawaii with John Peel and Michael Phelps. And, another along the Freedom Trail (in Boston) from the Constitution Museum (Shipyard) to the Bunker Hill monument. I have done this walk (IRL) many times. Every time we have folks visiting from out of town they all want to do the Freedom Trail. Lots of history, which we love! We're currently doing a Tues eve ZOOM class of Marblehead homes and the history of the town, which is adjacent to Salem.

Have a good start to the week!

April Focus:
Old 03-28-23, 08:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in and then after work I did one of the 15 min walks from Jessica's 15 Min Walk DVD (i can't remember the title, LOL! But there are 4 15 min walks on them - I'm going to work through them this week for extra steps/activity).

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness and Energy - at least i think that is the title! It is her first walking DVD with 2 30 min walks - High Energy Walk and Power Walk. Filmed outdoors at what looks like a resort setting. It is hard to believe, but i think this one is 10 years old now, from 2013.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Arthritis - I liked this one - some standing, seated and floor work.

Pam - sometimes i need a break, too. Repetitive strain or something.

Sherry - thank you for chiming in on the peri-belly post, particularly about the supplements.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
Old 03-28-23, 09:20 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

The weather here stinks. Cold and rainy. At least I don't have to go anywhere, so that's one plus!

Today I did my PT exercises and the same short upper body Jessica youtube video I did the other day. I've also been practicing pickleball in the garage.

Donna, I sometimes find myself doing an older Jessica video or DVD and when I look at the date, I'm shocked that it was from 10 or so years ago. Time is flying! I saw your post about decorating the eggs. I agree that it's a good idea to do something different and creative. I'm considering learning how to crochet for the same reason.

Pam, It does sound like you have a repetitive motion issue going on so it's good you're taking some rest days.

Waves to Sherry!
Old 03-28-23, 01:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was another Boston walk, as well as Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. Slow pace, cuz I'm sleepy, haha! With the rain, our hike got cancelled but she still scheduled a hike for later in the day (and it was still pouring rain!) I stayed at home, instead.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm still working on a scarf I'd planned to have finished by St. Paddy's Day! I just haven't been consistent with this particular crochet project. It's a beautiful green with a unique Celtic stitch, so hopefully I'll have it done soon! I think crochet is easier than knitting, but knitting is more popular.

I'd wanted to attend a painting class that our hiking group did on an off day. I've just been too busy to get there. Maybe I should start with a paint-by-numbers set.

Have a good remainder of you day!

April Focus:
Old 03-28-23, 07:11 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday and today was walking at work. Yesterday evening I did Jessica's FITIN15 Total Body Sculpt. I used eight pounds for this one, so a bit more challenging for me. Spacing my strength workouts to every two days has been pretty successful for me. Less strains and I don't get so tired.

I did want to do a longer workout, but dd came over for dinner yesterday evening. She usually comes on Sundays, but that's the best time for her to spend with her boyfriend. With college and homework, and a boyfriend, I'm grateful we still get to see her!

They changed our schedule at work, so more of us are outside on the playground. That puts us in the cafeteria by ourselves with around a hundred kids. The cafeteria staff is supposed to help, but they have their hands full cleaning. We know we need more staff outside, but we don't see this as the answer. If we could just hire one more person, we'd be able to handle it a lot better, but they haven't found anyone else. But we are managing, per the usual. The kids are a handful sometimes, but they make me laugh too. The things they try to get away with, lol.

Donna, ha ha on the supplements! I listened to a podcast about it, and apparently there is no science backing them, unless you have a deficiency. Your egg painting class sounds like fun. I'm afraid I am not creative at all. I bought some coloring books, and couldn't manage that. But I might be able to do it if I spent time with someone else, that sounds more enjoyable.

Pam, your hiking group sounds really active, with all the extra activities. I hope your hips are feeling better.