Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-23, 06:03 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Finally a workout - not much, but it's something:

Improved Health - 30 Minute All in One Strength & Balance Walking Workout - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Beginners - 10 Minute Workout

I enjoyed this 30 minute all in one workout - Jules combined strength and balance workout and did that part on the front end of the workout and followed up with the cardio portion. It was enjoyable.

I'm still tired today, so I decided to take it easy.

Donna - Nice job with your workouts! And sorry about your frozen pipe - good grief, what a pain! Gosh my eye just absolutely looks horrible. Praying it starts looking better soon...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 10:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walk Off Belly Fat - Interval Workout - this was a 2 Mile "Interval" walk w/ warm up and cool down it came to about 40 min.

Jessica Smith - Stretch & Relax - Release session. This was from her recent DVD series - and was a nice basic stretch.

The weather is warming up so hopefully an outdoor walk later.

Carol - I hope your eye is improving. And, I have this crazy urge to subscribe to Trifecta Pilates....I am hoping to talk myself out of it. It isn't that I don't enjoy her workouts, I do, I just don't do them enough to justify $30 a month.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 08:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Walk - 40 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Active Aging Workout - 30 minutes

We finally had a nice enough day to enjoy an outside walk. I liked Jessica's workout well enough except for that dang twisting move on all fours. I hate that move and I'm terrible at it, which means I need to be doing it.

Donna - My eye looks a little better today - I can at least see some white on the side where I couldn't see any yesterday. Let me talk you out of Trifecta Pilates - I jumped in and subscribed when she had that really good deal a few months back. I think I've only used it twice. I've figured out that Beth's workouts are generally longer than what I want to do.

Carol
Old 02-06-23, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got out to walk my dog. It was nice after the cold temps we had earlier in the weekend.

Today, so far:

Essentrics - Activation Workout w/ Amanda - did this one as a warm-up, it was only 15 min.

Jessica Valant - Stronger Bones, Osteoporosis Workout - I enjoyed this one - some traditional workout w/ weights, as well as some Pilates

Jessica Valant - Gentle Pilates Workout - I liked this one, too.

Carol - glad your eye is looking better. So far, I have held out on subscribing to Trifecta Pilates. I think the urge will pass if I give it a few days. I think it is a great site if you want to focus on Pilates - but I like to mix things up - as you can tell. I like Jessica V's site b/c there is a variety there.

Happy Monday!

Donna
Old 02-06-23, 08:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Be Healthy Enough - Muscle Group Superset Full Body Strength - 35 minutes

I enjoyed this strength workout from Amy - it was a Trisets workout - 3 exercises per muscle group, starting with the largest muscle groups and working down to the smaller muscle groups. Amy's surgery is this week - sure hoping they get it all.

Donna - I like both of those JVP workouts. I'm thinking I will add something of hers on tonight before I go to bed.

Carol
Old 02-07-23, 10:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my dog, but it was't as nice as I had hoped, a bit damp and windy. But, still better than the freezing temps of the weekend. I also did Ellen's new Gentle Sculpt after work. Nothing exceptional to report on Ellen's but it was a nice routine. She looked very radiant in it.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walk a 5K the Fun Way -steady walk plus warm-up and cool down. I wanted to try this one out again since there has been a revival of the discussion on this series on VF. I enjoyed the workout, towards the end I started to get antsy about wondering when it would be over (it is 50 min, so a longer workout). But, it was nice to see the beach and the sun and some of the music she chose has vocals so that was nice too.

Later today a dog walk and probably a stretch or Pilates.

Carol - I know, i hope everything goes well for Amy. I finally did unsubscribe from her site, I just wasn't using it enough to justify.....but I haven't re-subscribed to Trifecta either....holding strong! LOL!

Donna
Old 02-07-23, 07:58 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts -

Improved Health - Intervals All-In-One Workout - 35 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Workout for a Stronger Back - 15 minutes

I really liked Jules' new workout - she mixes intervals of fast walking/jogging with a series of 8 strength moves, 5 reps each. The fast walking/jogging intervals got shorter as the workout went on, which was nice. She finished with pushups, a plank and a little bit of ab work. Oh, and there was some balance work before we started the cardio/strength intervals.

Donna - Resist the power of the Force!

Carol
Old 02-07-23, 08:04 PM  
donnamp

That sounds like a nice one, Carol.

I think my attention has already drifted away from Trifecta. Whew....

Donna
Old 02-08-23, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get anything else in yesterday, last night i ended up going out to dinner w/ some of my co-workers from my old department. It was good - but a lot of food!

Today, I went with one of Jessica's from You Tube:

Total Body Resistance Training - Jump Start Sculpting Routine - I think this was from January, 2022. And, i really enjoyed it. It is slower strength training, more functional and similar to her Strong & Centered workouts. Even though it was 40 min it seemed to go fast for me.

The sun it out today so I'll probably get out to walk later.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-09-23, 07:20 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was a quick one:

Improved Health - 30 Minute Gentle Exercises (All-in-One) - 30 minutes

I purposefully picked something I thought would not make me sweat because the minute I finished, I had to put my work clothes back on and go have dinner with our incoming Head of School. This workout was intended to meant for me to just get some movement in during the day and it succeeded - it was too easy for me on a regular day, but it served its purpose today.

I was - by far - the oldest one at the dinner table last night. Everyone got to talking about their exercise choices (mostly Peleton - and the more bad language in the workouts the better! - or Power Force?) and I was ashamed to tell them I do the senior workouts on YouTube (so I didn't) ... but I'm thrilled I'm still moving.

I noticed that Cathe's Live workout today is a "senior" one. I will probably buy that download and burn it to a DVD.

Donna - Nice job! I miss not enjoying Jessica's workouts any more...

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates