Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-20-23, 09:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see....yesterday was:

Morning -

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Cardio & Tone w/ small Pilates ball

Evening -

Burpee Girl Short Workouts 3,000 step turbo walking

My DD had a horse show yesterday and it was FREEZING and WINDY. Pretty miserable to be a spectator there

After the show I pretty much went home and collapsed on the couch under a blanket. I did get myself up to do the Burpee Girl Turbo Walk though - just b/c I felt I needed to do something after laying around all day.

Today, so far:

Be Healthy Enough - Lower Body Super Set. I succumbed and re-subscribed to Amy's site. I did enjoy this lower body workout though. I do like her friendly presentation and the workouts are good for someone who wants to go slower and focus more on form. This is in contrast to the Firm Express workout I did the other day - where it was hard to move that fast, and questionable as to whether or not it would be wise to do so! LOL!

CS - Episode 1409 - I think, it was standing and floor work. One of the downsides to my day on the couch yesterday was lots of stiffness today.

Hope everyone's Monday is off to a good start.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-23, 09:36 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone! This morning I did:

MVMT w/Cailin: Fire Up the Core Pilates
PBL: 5 minute arms

Cailin's workout had a little too much in plank position for me. It wasn't a ton, just too much for my wrists. Other than that, I liked it. This was Day 1 from her "find your center" 30 day challenge.

Theresa Rowe with Shaped by Faith is now offering a new season of Pilates as downloads. I'll share the link in case anyone is interested. Of course I ordered some. https://shapedbyfaith.myshopify.com/

Donna, it was SO cold here yesterday too. I would not have wanted to be outside! I pretty much stayed under a blanket too.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 06:20 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts -

Improved Health -
Strength - Day 21 - Lower Body & Shoulders - 20 minutes &
Strength - Day 22 - Upper Body & Core - 17 minutes

Both basic strength workouts. Nothing too challenging.

Christine - Thanks for the link! Off to check it out.

Donna - It's hard not to like Amy. I resubscribed last month and although I haven't done many of her workouts, I can see going on an "Amy kick" once I get burned out on Improved Health.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 06:24 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Christine

Are Theresa's workouts roughly 25 to 30 minutes long? I noticed she's selling a five season DVD pack, 13 workouts a season, for $50 which sounds like a bargain to me.

Carol
Old 03-21-23, 06:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did a few add-ons. I did get out to walk my dog, I did a 20 min Low Impact routine with Amy/Be Healthy Enough and I did a 15 min Pilates w/ Trifecta/Beth (starting to work my way through her "beginners" calendar).

Today, so far:

Amy/Be Healthy Enough - Upper Body Super Sets - this was a nice straightforward upper body strength workout.

Hope to add on some walking and more Pilates later. Bathroom is being painted today. I hope they wrap up this week - this one has dragged on for a bit longer than the others although it was supposedly the "easier" one - go figure!

Carol - Yes, Amy is just very relatable -

Christine - thanks for mentioning the sale - I will have to take a look!

Hope everyone has a good day - I'm hoping for one that is more productive than yesterday.....it was hard to stay motivated and focused yesterday - MONDAY.

Donna
Old 03-21-23, 08:19 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning!

I did Shaped by Faith: Pilates for Legs & Glutes this morning. This was one of Theresa's new downloads. My goodness, I love Theresa but that was a challenge! It was less like Pilates and more like old school floor work with endless leg lifts. I couldn't finish all the reps. There was work on all fours, side plank position and bridging at the end. She did do spine stretch forward and some roll ups which felt nice.

Carol, yes her workouts are no longer than 30 minutes and end around the 27 minute mark. That is a good deal for all her DVD's! I actually have extra copies (still sealed) of two of her DVD's, the ones called "Where Faith Meets Fitness" and "Welcome to Fitness". If you'd like to try those first before buying any, I'd be happy to send them to you.

Donna, you're having your bathroom renovated? DH has been working on re-doing our kitchen for a while now. I hope you have a better day today! Mondays are usually a drag.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 03-21-23, 09:30 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was -

Improved Health - Cardio Kickboxing All-in-One Workout - 42 minutes

This was a fun and basic kickboxing workout with about 7 or 8 minutes of strength work, a couple of minutes of balance work and a nice 6 or 7 minute stretch. Covered all the bases!

Thanks Christine! I think I can stream many of Theresa's workouts from YouTube, at least enough to see if I want to buy the DVDs.

Donna, Amy posted on Facebook that she was intending to launch a new strength program next month. I'll be interested to see what that looks like. She's had a rough couple of months - first the breast cancer, and then they had to put Whiskey down in the week or so. Hope y'all are on the downhill slide on the bathroom renovation.

Carol
Old 03-22-23, 07:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on a decent length dog walk - my DD is on spring break and it is easier for me to take a longer walk if I have someone to talk to (I suppose I could start listening to music or podcasts). I also did Trifecta Pilates - Beginner Program Day 2 - which was abs and back.

Today, so far:

Ellen - Five Star Fusion - this is her new workout for March. It was a nice one, although nothing really stood out for me - a typical Ellen routine - which is not a bad thing.

Carol - I know, Amy has been through the wringer. I am curious about April's plan. I decided I'm going to finish the remainder of March's calendar doing the strength workouts. Her cardio doesn't excite me. I may do some of per Pilates workouts, though.

Christine - sounds like some challenging floor work!

Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday - at least we made it to mid-week.

I am hoping the bathroom is done by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!!

Donna
Old 03-22-23, 08:34 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning! This morning I did:

MVMT w/Cailin: Core Flow (20 min)
Senior Shape: Barre arms (10 min)

Carol, okay sounds good about Theresa's workouts! Your kickbox workout sounds fun. I've tried a few from Senior Shape and liked those too.

Donna, it's nice to have a walking buddy. I do find that listening to music or a podcast helps when I'm by myself.

Old 03-22-23, 07:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health -
10 Minute Workout with Music from the 50s, 60s and 70s - 10 minutes &

Strength - Day 23 - Lower Body & Shoulders - 23 minutes

The strength workout was new to me, and changed up a bit from the leg workout on Monday.

Donna - Hope the bathroom is coming along okay!

Christine - I like Senior Shape's kickboxing workouts too. The Barre & Kickboxing Workout (Barre Fight) is one of my favorites.

Ladies, I have a couple of difficult days ahead at work. Could you pray for me for safety and wisdom?

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates