Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-14-23, 01:08 PM  
ChelePA

Bee… glad you checked in. Hoping power comes on this weekend.

Peloton calendar mixed with Cathe’s Perfect 30 again for upper body strength day and core. Always liked the upper body bonus as an add-on to the warm up. Finished with a 10 minute treadmill power walk.

Headed to the movies with my family. Maybe dinner too.

Happy Saturday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-23, 08:25 PM  
Mickey12

Bee it’s good to hear from you. Hang in there! Yes, I miss forward folds and especially the twist where you lay on the floor on your back, bend at the knees, and twist your legs to one side.

This morning I did a new, really old workout. Ada Janklewicz’ Basic Training. I have seen this workout for years and never had it. I found it on eBay and decided to finally get it. It’s a good, solid, no nonsense workout.

Today we were at a family gathering for Christmas (finally got everyone together but we were still missing two spouses). It was a nice time with family we only see once or twice a year.

Chele what movie did you see?

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Old 01-14-23, 08:48 PM  
ChelePA

Kim… A Man Called Otto. Always wanted to see the Swedish version of this movie with subtitles after my daughter read the book for school, but never did. I had no clue about the storyline. Only that my daughter loved the book and that’s a rarity.
Great movie! Bring the tissues.
Old 01-15-23, 10:41 AM  
Mickey12

Chele thanks for the recommendation on the movie. I saw advertisements for it and thought it looked good.
Old 01-15-23, 11:33 AM  
ChelePA

Lighter cardio day. 2 shorter cycling classes plus walk on treadmill. Finished with a 10 minute yoga flow focusing on quads.

My daughter heads back to school tomorrow morning. And my hubby may be returning this Friday. Earlier than originally thought.
Old 01-15-23, 05:25 PM  
Mickey12

Chele that’s a nice surprise that your husband may be returning earlier than expected.

Today I did an old KCM, Stepboxing. Wow, the pace was fast! The cuing was terrible but the combos were repeated enough that it wasn’t an issue. The workout was about 25 minutes of step and kickbox, then about 10 minutes of cardio and weight moves, then abs. The whole thing was about 53 minutes. The date on the back was 2007 but it felt like it should have been earlier.

My husband and I may play darts later. Fun.

New week coming. I hope everyone has a good one.
Old 01-16-23, 08:38 AM  
ChelePA

20 minute treadmill hike. Plus 20 minutes of core and lower body strength.

Watching the baby so had to cut my workouts short today.
Old 01-16-23, 12:21 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all! Checking in again with no power still. Yesterday they said it would be tonight at 10pm. I just checked again and now it says tomorrow night at 10pm. It's a little disheartening. I do understand that it's a tough problem to fix, but... they could isolate one spur that would leave three houses without power and give 22 other houses power. Seems like a good choice, no? All the neighbors have offered to help with those other three houses if that happens, of course. And, the property owner there has advised PGE to go ahead and do it that way. We will run out of water eventually without power.

I managed to get motivated to do workouts on my own yesterday and this morning. Yesterday I did upper body completely on my own. Pretty straightforward and the hardest part of all was the warm up. I just felt silly doing that on my own. Today was lower body and I decided to use the CL youtube clips as a guide, and did Totally Toned Legs that I did about a week ago, since it was somewhat fresh in my mind (with a lot of help from the clip). Wow, I think I am going to be sore. Because I had to use my phone for youtube, I was afraid to have the phone play any music and potentially lose the cached youtube clip, so I worked in silence. That was a change of pace!

Well Kim, you've finally done it! You stumped me with a workout I've never ever heard of with that Ada Basic Training! Fun that (almost) everyone was able to get together for Christmas finally -- funny enough my sister was doing that with her daughter's family this weekend. Oh, and that stretch you, and I, really like my sometimes yoga teacher called "crocodile twist". I tried it recently, gently, and it felt good, so I'm doing it now and then very cautiously.

Chele, I want to see the Otto movie. I think I do indeed remember the plot of the book after thinking about it a bit. At the rate I go see movies in the theater these days, that probably won't happen, but I'll look for it streaming eventually. Bet you're having a great day with the baby!!

Waves to all!
Old 01-16-23, 12:46 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey all...trying to catch up!

Workouts first....Thursday I had planned something else but then the sun and moderate temps were calling to me so I went for a nice long walk instead. Friday was Ballet Beautiful Essential Ballerina Stretch and Tone which is half an hour of work followed by half an hour of GLORIOUS stretching. Yesterday I decided to do Body Max 2 in its entirety since I've revisited it in parts lately. Sweat fest!!

Kate, happy belated bday to Justin!!! Hope the party went well.

Chele, I so want to see that Otto movie. I saw the trailer and already assumed it would require tissues. I'm so glad your husband might be returning early!

Kim, for some reason that Stepboxing sounds familiar...is it a red cover or red background or something in there is red? I recall having one KCM workout very early on that was so fast but once I got used to it, I ended up loving it. Don't know why I got rid of it?

Oh, Bee, I'm so sorry about the power! One year in WA we had a terrible ice and wind storm during which everyone's power went out. A day or so later, ours flickered on for a hot minute and then went out...for a week. It was just five houses affected so they could get more houses back online instead, but it was a miserable week for us, and we were in a very populated area! I hope yours comes on tonight instead of tomorrow night.

Stay fierce all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 07:54 PM  
Mickey12

Bee, Ada is Gilad's sister. She had her own exercise show called Basic Training for a few years. The dvd workout is the same name and format as her show (which was basically the same format as Gilad’s show).

Kittybug, yes, the KCM step boxing workout has the red cover. Great memory!

Today I went for a walk at lunch and after work I did Aimee Nicotera Take 20, Lower Body Blast. Yikes, I found this tough and it’s only 20 minutes! It was all standing work, using lightish weights, no breaks, and what felt like hundreds of squats.

Last edited by Mickey12; 01-17-23 at 01:48 PM. Reason: GILAD, not GILDA!!! Good grief!!
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in