Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-11-23, 08:32 PM  
Mickey12

Chele you would think I never get bored with all the workouts I have but it still happens sometimes. Ha!

Manley I haven’t heard of a sip and see shower but it’s basically the same as a display shower. Same thing, different name. Although I DO like the sip part.

Kittybug I’m glad you found a good HVAC guy. It’s so incredibly frustrating to try find someone reliable for anything. I cringe at the thought of having an emergency with the house because finding someone is almost impossible. We have called people who were recommended to us and they just don’t respond. Not even to say, sorry I’m too busy to take the job. We’re dealing with a septic issue that isn’t dire but it needs to be corrected and we think we have someone competent but haven’t heard from him in a while. It’s a sad state we’re all in.

Today I went for a walk at lunch and tonight I did Lastics. I have had this dvd for a long time and never did it. It’s good, basic stretching with very good instruction. My only issue is there is a lot of forward folds which I have strictly avoided since I hurt my back. I heavily modified those moves.

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 01-11-23, 11:17 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug.. I sent the acupressure mat link to your email.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 11:19 AM  
ChelePA

It’s amazing how a simple act of kindness can turn your day around. So I’m sure many of you like your morning cup of coffee to get started. For me, it’s my Pure Leaf unsweetened tea. It’s basically the only thing I drink. When I got up this morning, much to my surprise, I didn’t have any bottles in the fridge or garage. This never happens. I’m always well stocked. I decided to put a quick request into Shipt. I’ve had that delivery service since Covid and my accident. I figured I would do a complete grocery order since my daughter needed stuff to return to school. Well, my shopper texts me and says they are out of the iced tea. Of course, the only thing I really wanted. It was my lucky day because she went above and beyond, and actually picked up a few bottles on her way to my house at a different grocery store. That doesn’t usually happen. Definitely went out of company guidelines. I asked her how much it cost and was able to add it to the tip. Her thoughtfulness really made my day. She said she knows how she feels not to start her morning with her cup of tea. Ha ha.

The day only got better when I realized Peloton released a series of classes with Duran Duran music only. So I joined a cycling class and boy was it fun!

Hoping to carry this positivity through my day.
Old 01-12-23, 11:40 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
It’s amazing how a simple act of kindness can turn your day around. So I’m sure many of you like your morning cup of coffee to get started. For me, it’s my Pure Leaf unsweetened tea. It’s basically the only thing I drink. When I got up this morning, much to my surprise, I didn’t have any bottles in the fridge or garage. This never happens. I’m always well stocked. I decided to put a quick request into Shipt. I’ve had that delivery service since Covid and my accident. I figured I would do a complete grocery order since my daughter needed stuff to return to school. Well, my shopper texts me and says they are out of the iced tea. Of course, the only thing I really wanted. It was my lucky day because she went above and beyond, and actually picked up a few bottles on her way to my house at a different grocery store. That doesn’t usually happen. Definitely went out of company guidelines. I asked her how much it cost and was able to add it to the tip. Her thoughtfulness really made my day. She said she knows how she feels not to start her morning with her cup of tea. Ha ha.

The day only got better when I realized Peloton released a series of classes with Duran Duran music only. So I joined a cycling class and boy was it fun!

Hoping to carry this positivity through my day.
How wonderful! And I LOVE Duran Duran so much, that would have made my day too!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 12:52 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Kittybug I’m glad you found a good HVAC guy. It’s so incredibly frustrating to try find someone reliable for anything. I cringe at the thought of having an emergency with the house because finding someone is almost impossible. We have called people who were recommended to us and they just don’t respond. Not even to say, sorry I’m too busy to take the job. We’re dealing with a septic issue that isn’t dire but it needs to be corrected and we think we have someone competent but haven’t heard from him in a while. It’s a sad state we’re all in.
YES, it's ridiculous these days!! I hope you can get someone to fix your issue in a timely manner. I too cringe at the thought of having to find people for things. I'm glad our plumber is reliable (and gave us the info for the HVAC people) and hope he continues to be. I guess I'm glad it's not just us dealing with this stuff though yes, it's a very sad state if we're all dealing with it despite being all over the country.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 11:39 AM  
ChelePA

Lower Body Day. Mix of Cathe’s Perfect 30 warm-up plus bonuses and Peloton calendar which included short 10 minute classes of strength and barre x2. Probably will try to walk on the treadmill later since it’s a rainy day here.

Bee…I know your power has been out for days. Thinking of you and hope all is ok.
Old 01-13-23, 01:28 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quick drive by. BUSY days and lots of snow last week!

Doing good, still doing workouts of course!

Justin turned 40 yesterday (12th)!!! Surprise party for him tonite.

HUGS>>>I'll be back!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 03:06 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Quick drive by. BUSY days and lots of snow last week!

Doing good, still doing workouts of course!

Justin turned 40 yesterday (12th)!!! Surprise party for him tonite.

HUGS>>>I'll be back!
Happy Birthday to Justin!!! Party sounds fun. Can’t wait to hear details!
Old 01-13-23, 07:57 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! Finally made it here....

Happy Birthday to Justin (and Mama, because it's always a big day for you, too!). That is a milestone! Hope it was a wonderful party.

Chele, I love the story of your tea hero! That is so heartwarming. We did online shopping at the beginning of the pandemic (and for quite a while) but I was so happy to go back to in store shopping because some of the substitutions they made were so crazy! I know, they were doing their best in crazy times, but honestly it would have been better to not substitute in many of those cases. Sounds like you have an amazing shopper, which I'm sure has been a huge relief for you.

kittybug, it is a bit crazy how happy a good and reliable skilled home/maintenance worker can be. I think as time goes on and those people age out and retire, it's going to be more and more difficult (hard to imagine!) because young people are just not going into those professions. Kim, I hope you find someone for your septic (our guy is called (I kid you not) "The Honey Bucket Man").

manleym, saying I "can do" Christi Taylor step might be a bit of a stretch. I can attempt. But I will give Chris a try -- seems like it's really fun. And, I could make that work even without power just watching a laptop in my kitchen.

Nothing much new to report. I will cut out now before I start whining. Stay fierce!
Old 01-13-23, 07:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, one more thing.... just wanted to tell Kim I also have to watch the forward folds -- be careful! I just recently started doing them again and I go down way less than I used to but it's fun to feel that stretch again.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in