Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-09-23, 04:55 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hellllooooo! Craziness continues here. I may email you guys some pictures. Also a video of one of the dogs staring at me while I did my Cathe workout this morning! We do have power, amazingly, because there were crazy strong winds again last night.

Kim/Chele, what the heck is a "display shower"? Out of context I think it could really raise some eyebrows. I like the games, too -- silly fun!

Had no idea hotels had Pelotons -- that's great. I do like the image of manleym picturing Chele on the seat (instead of the laptop).

Kate, how's the snow situation there? I cannot imagine having to shovel all of that snow or drive on ice. Eek! But I thought about you when I loaded our wood box this morning!

I *almost* picked the Soul Train workout today, but I previewed a bit last night and wasn't sure I could keep up with the choreography.... does that make those of you who did it snicker? I had a hard time judging how difficult it would be. I always have to add some difficulty to any non-cathe instructor simply because they cue a bit differently than Cathe and that "trips me up". Sometimes literally!

kittybug, glad to hear Lux seems to be doing a bit better. I don't think PGE is doing any on purpose shut offs this time -- it's all about poles/lines being taken down by mudslides, trees falling, etc.

cataddict, that's funny about the comment re: shrugs. Wonder if she feels differently these days, though horusosiris' comment makes it sounds like she's made it in more recent videos, too.

Let's see.... my workouts: Saturday I needed something quick again, so I did CL 234, Strong Express Upper. Sunday was 56, Totally Toned Legs. I really liked this one -- I've been gravitating toward heavier weights, but this one was relatively lighter weights with some pulsing which I normally really can't stand, but for some reason it seemed ok. She had some disk work and some floor work, maybe even firewalker loop? I can't remember, but a little bit of a lot of things and I was a bit sore from it! Today I did 130, Keep the Cardio Coming. They had Christmas attire on, but other than a couple of mentions it was not very holiday-ish. Boy, did she keep the cardio coming! That was a great cardio workout if anyone's looking for something like that.

I was supposed to go to the dentist and get a covid booster today but there was no way I was getting much further than two miles away from my house. Too many mudslides and trees down. And on top of everything, my boss (who I worked in person with on Friday) has covid.....
Old 01-09-23, 07:29 PM  
Mickey12

Bee a display shower is where you don’t wrap the gift. They just put all the gifts on a table for “display” instead of watching the bride/mother unwrap the gifts. I’m so old school. I enjoy the way showers used to be with the gift unwrapping and the silly games, although they played fun games at the shower I attended.

Today I did the second Stepletic workout (Amy Bento); the more dancy workout. I didn’t do too terribly with catching the choreography until the third combo. Yikes! I just did my own stuff and caught a few steps here and there until the end. I didn’t like the music too much in this one. Normally I love Amy’s music. I think I liked the first workout on this disc better.
Old 01-09-23, 08:06 PM  
ChelePA

I think I prefer a display shower especially when it comes to bridal ones. You already know everything that’s on the registry and I find it somewhat boring to watch the unwrapping of the same gifts. I actually had one back in the day. Baby showers are a little different but I think I still prefer a displayed presentation. I do like some fun silly games

We had a cookie walk so you passed by the display on your way to pack up your variety of cookies to eat for dessert and take home.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 08:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Sunday I revisited the original Body Max because I think FN2 did recently. Yeah. I really love Body Max 2 and don't so much enjoy the original nearly as much but still a goodie.

Today I tore the shrinkwrap off of Horizontal Conditioning Volume 4. Holy mother of stability balls and all things crazy, this is one tough workout! I knew to be scared when the warmup was even getting crazy. It was funny because at one point in the warmup, I said to myself, is this STILL just the warmup??? Thinking what have I gotten myself into, right? And as if on cue, right then Sandra said, 'Yes, this is still just the warmup we're doing.' Or something along those lines. She was speaking directly to me, I just know it. Oye, my upper body is gonna be talking to me tomorrow!

Kim, I laughed at your 'back in the day' comment! And I so, so, so agree with your sentiment on YouTube and tooooooo many choices. That's the main reason I don't do a lot of YT workouts too...that and they often have intolerable music to me unless it's Kat!

Chele, I agree with FN2 on your family lunches and all. We don't have nearby family. That might be a good thing though, actually. Hah!

Bee, oh my goodness! What a circus! Please send pics if you can...I'd be interested to see.

Horusosiris, funny about the shrugs. I recall being told that in my youth...but that went also with being discouraged from weights at all in the dance world. We weren't supposed to build 'those' kinds of muscles. Seriously. The stories I could tell but won't bore you all with.

Have a good evening or whenever you're reading this all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 08:21 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh.... interesting! Maybe it's all about taking less time -- sometimes all that gift opening drags on and on.... The cookie walk sounds like fun!! I remember in my 20's doing a cookie exchange with women I worked with (around Christmas time). So much fun!
Old 01-10-23, 10:30 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug… don’t have the original Body Max but love #2.

Bee… I know what you mean about choreography. Cardio Party is my limit. Ha ha. Love that one and felt so accomplished with the simple moves

Peloton upper body and core today. The calendar has been a little bit more challenging this month with the classes I have taken. Added on a 30 minute cycling class. All 1983 music. Fun stuff! My daughter got me an acupressure mat for Christmas since I still haven’t made my acupuncture appointment. Tried it today. Wasn’t sure how painful it would be but so far so good. Definitely felt heat in the targeted areas. Hoping it helps with stiffness and pain in addition to the inversion table.

My husband was so disappointed when the Dallas Cowboys blew the game this weekend. First time he was surrounded by so many fans since he’s in Texas right now.

Hoping everyone is staying safe in this crazy weather.
Old 01-10-23, 01:25 PM  
Mickey12

Chele the acupressure mat sounds interesting. I sure hope it helps you along with the tilt table.

Kittybug good for you for doing the Horizontal Conditioning workouts. I never, ever, ever, wanted to attempt them. They seem so exquisitely hard
that I wasn't even tempted a little. I know what you mean about the tough warm up. I have felt that way more than once with a workout. Ha.

Today I did two new workouts. This morning I did Debbie Rocker Total Body Challenge Walk. I like Debbie Rocker and I have several other workouts from her. This one was very beginner although the walking intervals were interesting and varied. Deazie (from STS) was a background exerciser. She had the same beautiful smile! At lunch I did Natalie Jill Total Bodyweight Beginner. This one was also very beginner. I grabbed Cathe's Boss bands and loops to make it a little more challenging. It had a segment at the end with Tammie Lee Webb doing lower body work. Apparently she's a mentor to Natalie Jill and Natalie asked her to contribute a section to the DVD.

Stay well, everyone.
Old 01-11-23, 12:30 PM  
ChelePA

Kim…you must never get bored with your variety of workouts!!!!

Decided to challenge myself and see if I could do Cathe’s Perfect HIIT-Low Impact. This was a good one for me. I don’t often do more intense floor cardio these days. It felt good to finish with minimal modifications and get my heart rate up, sometimes zone 4 for a few of the moves. Followed with the Peloton calendar workout which included a 20 minute full body strength routine. AC/DC music only. Rock on

Have a great day!
Old 01-11-23, 01:08 PM  
manleym

Kim I haven't been to a shower (bridal or baby) in what seems a LONG time, but do remember "Display Showers" becoming popular. We called it a "Sip & See" shower. Seems like people brought things just in boxes, like the Crate & Barrel box, or just unwrapped gifts.

Bee I don't think you'd have any trouble doing Chris's step workouts. She is an EXCELLENT cuer. Cathe is tricky because she cues on the move. If you can do Christi Taylor step, then you can easily do Chris's step. And they are SO FUN! Correct me if you think differently, Cataddict.

ChelePA I bet your hubby wasn't far from me, if he was in the DFW area. Too bad you didn't come with him. We could have met! Hope you get some relief soon from the acupressure mat and the inversion table.

Workouts:
Saturday - LBrooks UBS&C Vol 2

Monday - CL #426 PHA Strength: Heavy Weight Express + CDorner 30 Minute Legs And Lower Abs With Bands Follow Along At Home Exercise Video (worked well together; both good)

Tuesday - Callanetics Countdown Levels 2 & 1 + CDorner Total Body Step And Strength Workout With Weights Cardio And Strength (athletic moves, not dancey, easy to follow/catch on; light weights; 5-10lbs; good workout) + Stretching After Step Class Step Aerobics Cool Down Routine (good)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 07:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Yesterday I had planned to do Imax (the original) but after having done Body Max and then HoCo Volume 4, this little voice in my head said nope, do something less intense. I have had Cathe's Step Moves (from Shock Cardio) on my shelf forever and never took the time to learn the whole thing so I popped that in. Manleym, this is one of the cue on or after the move Cathe's. It's fun and I got it (had to rewind one time) but boy, I was SO worried about tripping over the step because I never knew where to go next! Guess it's one I'll have to memorize, sigh.

Today was Callanetics Countdown Level 3 and juggling Furnace Max and Car Max (driving my husband to and from the mechanic, oye). We finally fired our last HVAC guy because he flaked too many times whilst STILL owing us service so we just gave up. But the company we started with today really seems excellent. I'm already very pleased with them so far!

ChelePA, that is amazing, doing the Perfect HIIT workout! Way to GO! Hey, I'm super curious about your acupuncture mat. Would you share a link if you can? Hope it's helpful.

Kim, I keep meaning to say I LOVE that you purchase workouts that are "from your husband" as a gift to you. HAH!! That's so awesome.

Bee, how are things? Check in when you can.

Okay, more to do...waves all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in