Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-03-23, 07:59 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans,

Speck Fitness is something I have not heard of. I better do some googling.

Chele we didn’t see the Whitney Houston movie. When it was advertised it looked like something I would want to see and then I sort of forgot about it. If it makes it to HBO I will definitely watch it.

Yes, Horusosirus, it’s COLD! I am usually ok with cold but it’s crazy windy here too and it’s just miserable. Luckily it’s only supposed to last another day here.

Tonight I did a Leslie Sansone walk. It was really enjoyable and a nice way to end my week.

We’re going to see 80 for Brady tomorrow. I hope it’s good.
Old 02-04-23, 10:21 AM  
ChelePA

Good morning!

Cathe’s 4DS Low Intensity Step on the floor plus Shoulders, Calves and Core. On the step portion, I wish she put all three sections together instead of doing around the world leg lifts to break up each area.

Headed to a Journey concert tonight. Opening act is Toto. Should be fun! My husband says he is OK to go. Fingers crossed. He is still not 100%.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 11:31 AM  
ChelePA

Concert was awesome! Unfortunately, on our travels, my daughter texted me saying that her one roommate wasn’t feeling well. My DD was supposed to have six of her friends sleepover and watch Winston while we were gone. So glad they didn’t leave her at the dorm until she felt better. She ended up needing an emergency appendectomy last night. She has a crazy family situation that I won’t get into the details. I asked my daughter if she needed me to come home to help, but she said she was ok. She stayed in the ER then post op waiting room until the middle of the night. The girl’s family finally arrived around 2 AM. Waiting for an update this morning.

Kept things light today since it was a very late night. Took a class out of my norm based on others’ recommendations. A Gospel Ride. Such a fun and uplifting ride. Just what I needed today. Finished with a slow flow yoga class
Old 02-05-23, 11:54 AM  
Mickey12

What a crazy story, Chele! Your daughter has such a good head on her shoulders. I used to think appendicitis was so unusual but lately I have heard of quite a few people who have had emergency surgery for it. I’m so glad everything turned out well.
Old 02-05-23, 01:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I was thinking the same thing about Chele's daughter, Kim -- that most college students probably wouldn't have changed their plans and taken care of someone else. I don't know -- I'd like to think my boys would do the same, but I don't know. Yes, so glad it all turned out mostly ok -- as much as surgery can turn out "ok", I guess. And I'm glad you were able to enjoy the great concert! How's your hubby feeling?

Kim, how was the movie? Can't wait to see that one, but I am slow on my movie consumption. Last night my son and I watched La La Land -- loved it! I saw it in the theater but I think that's one I mostly slept through, believe it or not -- I remembered almost nothing. My son pointed out that 2016 is as far away from us as 2030 is.

Count me in the club that has never heard of Speck Fitness.

kittybug, how's your foot doing? You and Kate's rotations sound good -- I may try something like that. I'm really enjoying -- and feeling -- the Callanetics! Thank you for getting me back to it.

manleym, oh, that's right about your hair! I have one other thought for you, only because I just recently heard it on a podcast.... that if we're not getting enough protein, one way to know is if our hair is falling off or breaking. Take that for what it's worth, I guess.

Yesterday I did another day of day 1 Countdown, and today was yet another day of it. I think today was my third or fourth time? And I felt it in a different way today -- like my muscles are figuring out how to make the moves work better -- so maybe she's onto something with the five days. Yesterday I added on my son's home made workout, though not as many rounds, and today I added on CL 377, the kickboxing mashup that Kate mentioned being fun. It was fun, but boy I was pooped by the end! I took my gloves off early and that helped.

We are doing road maintenance (tree cleanup/chipping) so have to cut out while it's not raining. Waves!
Old 02-06-23, 10:57 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy (ack) Monday!

Yesterday I did Cathe's Great Glutes Extreme. I didn't feel like pulling out tons of equipment but wanted my lower body workout and this was perfect and fun. I miss good music, y'all! I laugh every time the Bees Gees song comes on!

Chele, I adore your daughter. She is just a wonderful human being and that's because of you and your husband. Hope all went well with the surgery for her friend.

Kim, how was the movie? Curious.

Bee, my foot is annoying. Millions of years ago, I was dancing on stress fractures and didn't know it. I also ended up forming neuromas from the inflammation due to the not knowing it part and continuing to dance through the pain. Well, sometimes those neuromas come back or flare up and it feels like walking with a vice around my foot whilst standing on rocks. It's awesome, not! Hopefully it'll ease up soon. Usually does.

Have a great start to your week all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-23, 12:43 PM  
Mickey12

Quick pop in regarding 80 for Brady. It's not going to win any Oscars but it was entertaining. It had a few funny moments and I enjoyed the chemistry between the four leading ladies.
Old 02-06-23, 03:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

That sounds about like what I was expecting for the movie, Kim -- a fun watch, but nothing profound of course.

kittybug, you make me want to pull out Great Glutes! I'm not sure about "extreme" though. I wonder if Morton's neuroma is what my husband has wrong with his feet. I cannot imagine what dancing on stress fractures felt like. Though I guess it's not the first time I've heard about someone exercising with stress fractures, so I guess you just don't really feel it like you ought to! Oh, and I've been meaning to ask you.... do you have Callanetics Tone Zone, and if so, do you like it? I was wondering about it for add on segments (though I'm probably crazy thinking like that because I'm never good about actually adding on, even if I think about it).

This morning I did more CCountdown, then KCM's Boxfit, the weights portion -- I mostly liked it though she had at least one sort of questionable move. I forgot to mention that the other day I tried KCM's Trim Down and I did not like it -- I jonio'ed it. The boxing intervals were fun, but I hated her combo weight moves.
Old 02-06-23, 06:23 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug…can’t imagine dancing with stress fractures! Holy cow! I had my first one at the beginning of Covid. So much pain!!!!

Kim…I’m sort of burnt out with Tom Brady. Thanks for the review.

Bee… KCM is hit and miss with me. I haven’t done too many to really give a good opinion.

Cataddict…did you do the new advanced CDorner Fitness step routine? I see a shorter basic one from today. I may try it tomorrow.

Horusosiris… how did you like that newer Live core flow?

I was up at 4 am today. Hubby had his second opinion in Philadelphia. Still don’t think he needs surgery. Back to PT but he needs to make the back program/exercises part of his daily routine for life. Not a short term solution. If it doesn’t help then another MRI to discuss other treatment options. I basically have been telling him the same thing for years. He just doesn’t make the time to exercise anymore. Hopefully this will kickstart him.

My daughter’s friend had to spend an extra night in the hospital. My daughter has been with her most of the time except when in class. She and another friend are picking her up tonight to go back to the dorms. I tried talking her into staying at our house while she recovers but doesn’t feel comfortable. We have never met. No family involvement. They actually went home right after she was in recovery. Sad situation. If it wasn’t for my daughter and the other roommate, no one would be with her. Hoping all goes well after discharge.

Today I did a Peloton treadmill hike. Tougher than I expected especially since I am quite tired.

Have a great night!
Old 02-06-23, 07:18 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello again!

Today I pulled out Cathe's Total Body Trisets and did the upper body premix, an hour long. NOW I remember why this one doesn't get much use. WHAT IS UP with the horrible music??? Excellent workout, not excellent music. Oh well, I'll remember now for sure!

Chele, I've had lots of times in the past where I could barely walk but danced. Crazy, right? I think that's GOOD news on your husband, I mean, if he'll listen and get busy with the PT and making it a habit and all. No one better than you for his example.

Bee, the 'extreme' in Great Glutes isn't so extreme, it just means it includes the short bonus 'barre' (not barre) section so it adds on a few minutes. That being said, not much makes me sore apart from barre/Callanetics these days, and my hamstrings and glutes ARE sore from the workout, so Cathe really got in there with minimal equipment! Oh, and I do recommend Tone Zone. That's the one where one section won't play on my current DVD player but I expect that section is good too. Also, you can just do all the sections together for a total body 60-minute workout instead of using any of them as an add-on.

Okay, have a great night all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in