Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-31-23, 05:05 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Monday - 5 Parks A Little Bit of Everything Spring Flow Yoga Class + CL #57 PHA Training (good metabolic; fast pace & transitions)

Tuesday - CDorner Step Aerobics Workout at Home! Intermediate to Advanced Online step workout #165 (fun and good, glad I did it, but not a fav ) + #12 CCountdown Levels 2&1
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 06:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey! Seems like there is a lot to reply to -- I hope I remember it all.

First, hope everyone is ok with the crazy weather in some places!! Oh, and so far we remain covid free (knocks wood). If it stays this way tomorrow I will feel like we are home free. manleym, I read today that Biden's change of status wrt covid means no more free tests, and no more free boosters. I'm afraid the later will backfire on all of us!

horusosiris, congrats on picking the winners -- did you win any money? cataddict, that's very funny why you're rooting for the Eagles.

All of this Callanetics talk has me curious about trying it again. I pulled out my dvds but that's as far as I've gotten.....

Sad about Cindy Williams, and the original Wednesday, too.... was anyone else shocked that the Adams Family was only had two seasons?! I would have guessed more.

Oh, I saw that Swimmers picture on netflix and was curious about it -- good to know it's recommended. Oh, and manleym, I laughed out loud about the drinking during Prohibition! Anything Ken Burns seems to be great! Oh, and Chele, thanks also for the Elvis review -- it's been on my list since it came out. Hubby and I are working our way through New Amsterdam currently, and really hooked on it. Has anyone watched it? Love the characters.

Kim, you always make me want to revisit workouts -- have to check out Trim Down (and Shape Up, for that matter).

This morning I did CL Steptastic without a step -- that was a good choice for no step. Really simple choreography but it did get a little repetitive.

I'd better sign off before my post gets eaten. Waves all around!
Old 02-01-23, 09:07 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all!!
Continuing on with Cathe Live 337 Cardio Kickbox Mashup yesterday. GREAT!!! What a fun workout. Just Cathe by herself but it mixes boxing, floor cardio, kickboxing in a really fun format! A very nice surprise and one I'll definitely be doing again!

Something barre today. I got a bunch in trade so now to check some more out. Lots of P57.

Just wanted to put this out - I got a couple of duplicate barre workouts (heehee) and would like to offer these up for free.

Bar Method Dancer's Body Advanced Workout
Physique 57 Express 30 Min Full Body Workout

If you want one or both, please PM me.

For Cindy: Schlemiel Schlimazel, Hasenpfeffer incorporated!
Did anyone know that Lisa Loring was also on As The World Turns?

Back later!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 09:14 AM  
ChelePA

Quick check in. Watching the baby all day.

Cathe 4DS Low Impact warm up only. Peloton core and full bodyweight strength classes. Hoping to add on a walk or cycling class later this evening.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 12:03 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Hump Day Watulans! I'm so far behind. Gonna try to catch up!

Workouts first....
Friday was Leah's Ballet Body Total Body which I haven't done in a while!
Sunday was Shovel Max and Cathe's Legs and Glutes Extreme (Body Blast series).
Monday was Cathe's Ramped Up Upper Body.
Tuesday was Cathe's LITE Rev'd Up Rumble plus the Calorie Crush plus extended stretch. With my hurting foot, I sooooooo appreciated this workout and its lower impact, I can't tell you! And I still got a fantastic sweaty workout. I think LITE is underrated.

KateTT, so glad on Justin's labs!! And what barre you gonna do? I love that you got doubles 'accidentally' hah!

FN2, sorry about the forum issues. How is Krabby doing? Five has still been using her shelter. We have been COLD as heck here and the other day, she seemed frantic not for food but for coming inside the house. And all I wanna do is let her in!!

Chele, any news on your husband? I need to pull out 4DS too. Considering going back to Live.

Kim, I still have some KCMs in shrinkwrap. You're making me want to unwrap them.

Manleym, you crack me up!!! I'm just a glutton for punishment, more like, not an expert or pro at anything but worrying, and I will be doing CCountdown Level 3 today as a matter of fact! I heard about your ice and was worried about you. Glad you're hunkering down!!

Bee, geez on the scare! Hope you all stay healthy you crazy busy woman!

Horusosiris, I know zip about any sports. How sad am I?

Okay, better post before I lose this. Stay warm and fierce all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 01:30 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Reporting back with Physique 57 Classic 57 Full Body Workout. Ow.

So what is the deal with those tiny pulsing moves burning so much?!? Like the Fire of God in my butt!!! Quads like lava! WTH is up with that Pretzel move!?!

What would happen if you dared to put on ankle weights?

So I did like this workout.
The upper body was pretty tame. I used 8s and think I could get a better burn with 10s. LOTS of reps though.

All the lower body and core stuff was wicked!
Tanya Becker is fine. A little chatty and somewhat goofy at times but I like her. The music was actually pretty good and got me in the groove.

Did I say "ow"?

I have 5 other P57's that I got, plus 2 more Core Fusion and 1 Bar Method. That should keep me busy!!

Unless you have other favs? I am easily enabled. ;-)

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 01:37 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post

So what is the deal with those tiny pulsing moves burning so much?!? Like the Fire of God in my butt!!! Quads like lava! WTH is up with that Pretzel move!?!
Needed another spit warning on this one. There goes my green tea all over my keyboard. Thanks for the laugh Kate!! Fire of God. Gonna have to steal that one!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 08:48 PM  
Mickey12

Hey everyone,

Manley I still have to do KCM Fitness Ladder. It’s in my virgin pile which was quite high after Christmas but it’s dwindling. I also still have to do Shape Up which I got from Cataddict.

Kate it’s crazy with all the heavy weight training you do that you can get such a burn from barre workouts. But I guess it’s good to switch thing up. I like to do a lot of variety but it’s mostly so I don’t get bored.

Chele we saw Elvis when it first came out. We really liked it. I love documentaries but we don’t have Netflix so I won’t be watching The Swimmers. I hope you enjoyed your babysitting.

Bee I agree, anything by Ken Burns is excellent. I also laughed at Manley having some wine while watching the prohibition documentary. Hysterical!

Kittybug I wish you could bring Five in your house. We used to have a sweet, adorable, and ever so friendly neighbor cat who would have loved to come in our house but she belonged to the people next door. When they were moving they asked me if I wanted to keep her because they knew how affectionate she was with me. I already had several cats and my husband didn’t want any more so she went with them to their new house. She was a sweetheart.

Oh, and how can you have workouts in shrink wrap? I immediately take the shrink wrap off when I get them. When I decide to do a new workout, I don’t want to waste any time wrestling with the packaging. I want them ready to go!

I went for a walk at lunch today on a very chilly, but beautifully sunny day. After work I did a Misty Tripoli Body Groove workout. Wow these are fun! I need to be in the right mood for them but the crazy freestyle movement is very joyful and I got my heart rate up.
Old 02-01-23, 10:13 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I knew I forgot something yesterday..... manleym, what problem are you trying to solve with your hair? That it doesn't stay up, or that you want something less damaging to your hair? I cannot remember, but may have a hack that slightly answers both. If you can find something for a ponytail that doesn't damage your hair, here's what you do to make it stay in place: Grab the hair from the top half of your head and put it in a ponytail. Then grab the rest of your hair, add it to that ponytail and put another safe-for-hair ponytail holder on the whole big wad. That ponytail should magically stay in place. And, if I haven't addressed your problem.... sorry, that's all I've got!

Kate, oh my you cracked all of us up with the fire of God in your butt! You are going to become a barre fiend, aren't you?! Fierce one!!

Kim, I still have workouts in shrink wrap too. I purposely don't open them because I want a reminder of what I've not yet done... for various reasons. When I see how many I have I feel the guilt I should for overbuying. That said, I was looking at my totalfitnessdvds purchases for the last few years, because I was wondering if I purchased Shape Up and traded it away, and I was surprised at how little I've purchased.

Today I did the CL PHA Express with Heavy Weights that Cathe released at the end of December. Not sure what the number was. And then, drumroll.... I followed it with Callanetics Countdown -- level 1, of course. I think rather than five days, I will probably need a month at that level! I liked that combo! I may try to stick to shorter tough workouts plus some barre/callanetics.

kittybug, I hope it warms up for you... and kitties!!

Chele, bet you have great oxytocin levels tonight!
Old 02-02-23, 09:30 AM  
ChelePA

Yesterday I took a very special cycling class. A little background on the instructor. In the summer, horrifically, her best friend passed away the morning of her wedding day. Can’t even imagine! Two days later, she found a lump in her breast. The first doctor told her everything was OK. She is only 35 years old and decided to get a second opinion. Luckily she followed her gut because she had breast cancer. Since that time, she has been going through cancer treatments, as well as IVF for future pregnancies. She’s engaged to another Peloton instructor. And both continued their classes (unbelievable), but maintained their privacy. Very hard to do in the Peloton community. This past weekend, on her social media page, she discussed her diagnosis and yesterday was her first class back Live. Over 8000 members joined this class to show their support. Truly touching!

On a side note, it was a Nile Rodgers ride. No clue who he was in the music industry. Well, the songs he has written and produced are absolutely amazing! Diana Ross, Sister Sledge, David Bowie, Madonna, Duran Duran Daft Punk…I could go on and on. Over 40 years and continues to this day. Peloton has definitely upped my IQ when it comes to music as well as opening me to new artists.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in