Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-23, 10:44 AM  
ChelePA

Bee…love that you’re improvising your workouts. Glad the power has returned!!! How much snow is your son getting today? For us, it will be very light.

Kate…hoping only good news for Justin. Lots of prayers and positive vibes being sent.

Kittybug…I like Imax but I would say it’s my least favorite of that series. It’s a tough workout!!!

Manleym…my husband was mostly in Mexico for his travels with a few stops in Texas.

Cataddict.. hope all is well with the kitty and you’re just busy.

Horusosiris…my husband thinks Dallas needs to find a new quarterback. How are you taking the loss?

Kim…yikes on the hawk situation!!! Crazy to see live.

Today was a full body strength day on the Peloton calendar. Express class plus a Pilates routine focusing on core. Warmed up quickly with the rebounder and finished with a 10 minute walk.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 02:42 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quickie checkin.

I really wanted to do just upper body strength. And needing some heavy lifting. So I started searching my dvds and found a FAB Cathe premix!! It's on 4 Day Split, the All Upper Body Weights on the Lower Intensity Step + Higher Intensity Step DVD. WEEEE!!

I have done this mix once and really glad to come back to it. I am already sore!! Loved going super heavy again. I highly recommend.

No barre workouts have arrived yet. Why am I skeered? ;-)

Back later!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 08:03 PM  
horusosiris

Chel- Dallas suffers from inconsistency. I knew that they would not win because they usually defeat themselves. I do not think the problem is Prescott as much as it is a global team problem. I knew that the Eagles would prevail over the Giants. The Giants are another inconsistent team. I am looking for Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl but I am not as certain now that he has a high ankle injury. I am flexible when I do barre often. Sleek Technique and SBF really help with that.Sleek has quitea bit of stretching. How is your DH doing?

Bee - I know that you are happy that you have power once again.

Kitty - did you do the Sleek workout?

Kate -That was a good 4DS upper body premix.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-23, 12:44 PM  
ChelePA

Kate…I have been using Cathe’s premixes with my Peloton calendar. There are some good ones in the older collections.

Peloton classes today included 2 Broadway Walks on the treadmill. Six and Moulin Rouge. Such fun music in both shows!!! Finished with a 20 minute yoga flow. Really nice stretch.

Bringing lunch today to my friend, who broke her ankle a few weeks ago on the ice.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-26-23, 06:37 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Yesterday was Callanetics Extreme and today was a nice long walk because it was sunny and 45 degrees and gorgeous and we are gonna get miserably COLD next week. Plus, I have an old nagging foot injury that's been re-aggravated and is driving me sack of hammers crazy. So low or preferably NO impact for me until this stops being so freaking painful! I feel like I'm hobbling around. Oh, wait, I am! But don't worry, not gonna try to open any jars with my feet (Cathe shoulder reference, hah hah hah).

Chele, I thought of your friend today as I avoided patches of remaining ice on my walk. Hope she's healing up!

Horusosiris, nope, haven't yet revisited Sleek mostly because my foot/feet will NOT tolerate that right now.

Kate, got any barre yet?

Waves all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-23, 09:04 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug I’m sorry about your hurting foot although I did enjoy your amusing description of your current condition.

Tonight I did my new KCM Raw Box and Pump 5. I really wasn’t expecting to like this but I really did! Kelly used egg weights for the boxing moves but I did them unweighted. The pace was slower and the combos were basic but repeated many times. It reminded me of Ilaria. Mixed in between the boxing was weight work with a single dumbbell.
Old 01-27-23, 12:56 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug… glad you still have your sense of humor despite the pain. Hoping it heals quickly.

Cataddict… check in when you get a chance. Hope all is ok.

Today was lower body day. I did a mix of Cathe and Peloton. I chose the Perfect 30 series to use the month of January. Started with Perfect Pump Lower Body than Peloton Core, Standing Balance Yoga and lastly a Legs and Glutes class. There was a four minute bodyweight only finisher in this class. 20 seconds of squats, and 10 seconds of holding the squat. Tougher than I expected.

Headed to get my teeth cleaned. Happy Friday!
Old 01-27-23, 01:21 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Weee TGIF!!
What a busy week. So Justin's labs/scans on Monday then the appointment with the Dr yesterday. NO CANCER and he says the actual tumor has shrunk!! All very good labs and lots of good news. Whew...in March it will be 1 years since the end of the chemo/radiation treatments. So far so good.

Yes I got some barre!!
I got Core Fusion Thighs & Glutes which I did today. Owie mommy. I did the whole thing plus the 3 bonus workouts and I did like it.
NOT easy but didn't kill me. Ok so it killed me a little...hahaha. It BURNED! But I love that after each section there was a nice little stretch.
So thumbs up for Core Fusion. I may try some more.

I also got Bar Method Dancer's Body Advanced. I'll attempt that next week. Thinking that I will pick Friday's for barre workouts for now.

Ready to have a quiet weekend. Our temps here in MN are supposed to drop big time. We've been in the 20s and 30s which is very mild for us this time of year. Starting tonight, only single digit highs.
After such a busy week and lots of driving, I'm ready to just veg out.

Have a great weekend all!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 02:21 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hey all! Yes, WAY behind again.

So Krabby was a dream taking to the vet. He wasn't happy to be in the carrier but was well behaved. However, he tested positive for FIV. Since then we've been busy contacting rescue groups for advice, referrals, and possible placement in a home either with no other FiV cats or others who have tested positive. We got a great referral and information from a local group. We have never encountered this before, so it was a learning experience and emotionally draining to say the least. He is the sweetest most gentle guy and not the least bit aggressive. Obviously we are attached to him. Anyway, we got him fixed, vaccinated, dewormed, etc. through the SPCA and kept him isolated in the garage for a few days. One of the groups said that it is extremely unlikely that he could pass the virus since he is in a familiar place and is not aggressive with any of the other deck residents. None of the groups had a place for him, so he is going to stay here, at least for now. He is now back outside on the deck, eating and drinking normally and hanging out like nothing ever happened. It's been an emotional roller coaster, as the SPCA thought he was too small and that if he wasn't eating we should put him down. He has been eating and drinking regularly for us so As an aside, our regular vet was not exactly sympathetic and seemed to lean toward euthanizing him outright. I told DH I was not going to do that without looking into alternatives. We left pretty devastated and disappointed by the news and what we perceived as a lack of knowledge of the condition or sympathy. To be clear, he doesn't have the disease, he just was exposed at some point. Anyway now we are looking to change veterinary practices. There's only one doc left from when we started going there 20 years ago, and he's the one we saw so we think it's time. **sigh** Thanks for reading. It's been tough but we are playing it by ear and keeping an eye on him.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 02:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, FN2, I feel you!! That being said...I think Krabby already has his proper place with you all.

I've been reading about FIV and FLV due to Lux and noticed in his paperwork he was ~never~ even tested for FIV as a kitten (probably because it's not common in babies, only in aggressive adult males or something if I'm remembering correctly?). But I'm kinda worried and no, we haven't gone to the vet yet because he's holding steady at the moment with his respiratory issues. Plus, what you said...we are just not happy with our current vet and need to change.

Definitely emotionally draining. I'm so glad you checked in as I was beginning to get worried!! Hang in there! Hugs from me and my crew to you and ALL of yours, Krabby included.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in