Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-23, 07:09 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA level 2.8 day 4 no cardio

still juggling my schedule around the pony's eye medicine.

buzzer - wow! open windows! we are warmer today. I was able to get the horses out of the barn and I was able to take a short ride. so sorry Eugene is a diva LOL!

ebianco - I'm dealing with my father's estate and it is crazy what has to happen. So it is believable you find it good practice. It may also help your parents find ways to make things easier - I don't know the ins and outs but my mom set up trusts, my father didn't hence everything had to go through probate. Well, a good attorney can help set things up. Sorry not trying to be morbid but trying to say there is so much legal stuff that goes on and it can be so overwhelming. Take care, glad your family is so supportive of each other.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 01:18 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I woke up and immediately knew I didn't have the stamina or desire to be doing a crazy Caroline burpee workout, I mean the workout is structured in 90 second intervals of just different burpee variations. That's crazy haha. I am pretty tired today but still wanted to get something HIIT-feeling and out of the blue thought about Dream Body/Fusion Fitness Sweat Lab cardio workouts, and how they are hard but not as excruciating as the originals (or Caroline). I did Hustle Hiit with Jocelyn and it was great, definitely on the very hard side for my energy today but much more doable than Caroline Epic 3 Day 15 would've been. Plus a long stretch after and a walk on the treadmill. Thank goodness for two planned rest days coming up. I'm still so tired so not sure what I'm going to do about work this week.

Eventmom My parents are saying "wow we need to take care of our stuff now" but they've been saying that and it keeps not getting done. Even for myself and DH I'm thinking we should meet with a lawyer and get some of that stuff done so everything is in place. Yes, so much legal stuff. I just hope for my sister and her son's sake, that the hospital will sign the death certificate in pretty short order this upcoming week.

Buzzer waves!
Old 02-05-23, 06:24 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.8 day 5 and a couple of the breakdowns from TA dance aerobics

ebianco - every morning I wake up without the stamina or desire for a crazy burpee workout LOL!. sounds like you got in a great workout. It is hard to spend the time and money getting legal stuff set up. We need to update everything but are waiting until I get my dad's estate settled. (long story there). It can take a few weeks on death certificates, I think it's not just the hospital that has do something - 4-6 weeks is what I was told to get the official one - hopefully it won't be that long just fyi in case it takes longer than expected.

hi buzzer!
Old 02-06-23, 09:10 AM  
Buzzer

PopPhysique Hardcore... DONE!
Ran with my silly trainer in Portugal... DONE!

He lived up to his word. We did 2-12 minute runs, with a 2 minute walk between. The incline was stupid, up to 6% during the runs!! I mean, it's one thing to ask me to run that much when i haven't been running much over 2 minute intervals over the last 18 workouts, however asking for such long runs...... just nope.

I did pretty good... I kept pace with him for the first run, at 4.8mph. I took over the incline button and put it at zero when it went to 5 or 6%. It was only a short time, however he was asking too much of me. Towards the end of the first 12 minute run, I did need to back off and walked for about 15-20 seconds, then I picked it back up again and ran the rest. The second run, I wasn't as successful. I took 3-30 second walks during it. I ran it at 4.8mph, however I just couldn't do it. I know I was sore from Hardcore the day before, I mean, I gave that workout my all even though I looked like a pill bug trying to get off it's back on the ab part. So I had some soreness. However, I just felt like my legs couldn't do the full 12 minutes.

So at the end, when he did a 7 minute cool down walk, I did a slow, 4.2mph run (I do like to call it a run instead of what it is... a slow jog) for 2 minutes. I felt like I made up for the walks and gave him somewhat what he wants.

I am frustrated at myself at how slow I am, how hard this feels and how I feel so out of control with my weight and it's affecting my running. However, I am giving myself some grace and doing the workouts to the best of my abilities! I ended with 3.1 miles... 2.6 with the trainer and .5 on the cool down. So I was VERY happy with that! Even if it took me almost 45 minutes. sigh. I remember the day I did a 5k in 19 minutes. Those days are gone.

Hardcore the day before, I really worked at it. I reached and stretched and tightened. I did use the ball on abs, and tried to lift myself as light as I could on it. However, I just don't have the core strength yet. I'll get there.

Ebianco: You know, like a death isn't hard enough, the legal stuff makes it so much harder. I know my parents have their stuff in order, but that doesn't mean it's going to be easier. Getting rid of their stuff and house and dealing with family dynamics, lawyers, the government... I mean, mourning is so difficult, but then dealing with all this cold, impersonal feeling stuff just is awful and expensive. I'm sorry for this stage of life you, your family and your sister's son are going through. It's something so hard that is made so much harder. I'm glad you are finding normalcy in working out! It's a great way to deal with stress for sure! I'm happy your family is pulling together. Take care of yourself

Eventmom: I never knew what a diva Eugene was either! HAHA! I am glad he doesn't want to slide on ice, glad he goes around that. However avoiding water??? It's like, barely covering his paw pads and he is standing at the door looking out like he is going to drown out there. He won't go out until the water is shoveled, and if he does go out, he teeters on the little bit of dry, small rocks between the puddles and the snow to get around them. It's cracking me up.

Yesterday was amazingly warm too! So much melting snow! I took the trash out to the can last night about 10:30pm, and it was so nice out. I had on a jacket and shorts, and I could have stood out there and looked at the stars and been fine. I didn't... because Sunday morning I saw a bobcat hunting in the field across the street, and now I am worried he is out there waiting for me! HA! He was hunting bunnies, and Eugene went out on the deck and was barking and howling his head off. I went out to see what was going on, it was like 6am and he was yelling to wake up the neighborhood. I looked where he was looking and saw the bobcat. He was hunched down, and looked like he was about 40 pounds or so. Eugene kept barking, and the bunny went taking off across the field. Eugene kept yelling, and the bobcat turned around and ran off towards the street. I don't know if he ran across to our yard or up the street... however DH has said he has seen him in our yard, so probably our yard. Now I worry about the doggies, the kiddo, and me!!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-23, 01:46 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

headache tried a hamelin youtube it was okay - he's very low key and the music was calm. I may try his 3 week youtube rotation at some point.

buzzer- it's going to be 70 degrees today. great job on the run. and wow on the bobcat sighting. I probably told you this, I think I saw one one time on our property. but overall cool. Feral dogs and coyotes worry me more.

hi ebianco - hugs.
Old 02-11-23, 12:53 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I had such a long and hectic week it was insane. Between funeral arrangements and getting the death certificate stuff together, and returning to work (and work craziness), it's a wonder I was able to keep up with my exercise this week, although I did shorten the time on most of the days. Also, I was very low on gas today so I cut of the last few exercises of Caroline's workout today too.

Wednesday-Epic 3 Day 16 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZxP...=17)-Shoulders, but I added back and chest so that I was spending 1/3 time on each, and I shortened it too but I was really short on time that day.

Thursday-Epic 3 Day 17, Bodyweight and Dumbbell lower body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX48...juFXy&index=18) and actually had enough stamina but was short on time, only cut a very small bit off though.

Friday-Epic 3 Day 18, Arms and Abs complexes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh4m...juFXy&index=19), I really really liked this one, finally some abs! I only skipped one complex so did nearly the entire thing.

Today-Epic 3 Day 19, Total body supersets (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkKm...juFXy&index=20) and I lost stamina at about 50% through but made it through the 80% mark because it was a good breaking point.

Tomorrow is a dumbbell HIIT which I'm hoping will be more doable, at least compared to an all burpees workout LOL.

After this Epic 3 series that will take me through March/early April timeframe, I think I'm going to take a longer pause from lifting, maybe a month or two at least, and pivot back to barre, pilates, maybe some classic Firms but with lighter weights. At least that's what I was thinking about today may change my mind by then haha.

Eventmom Yes it really is hard to put the time, energy, and money into all the legal stuff. Thankfully the hospital issued the death certificate on Thursday so that wasn't a long wait. I will probably be helping my nephew do the will probate at his local district on Monday. And tomorrow is the funeral. I can't believe over a week has gone by already. My mom found a lot of really lovely pictures of my sister when she was younger and they're beautiful.

Buzzer Thank you for your kind words and you're doing an amazing job on your walk/runs!! I get frustrated at myself for feeling slower too but I have to remind myself I'm not in my 20s anymore and at least I'm being really active when probably most people aren't. I gained 2+ pounds overnight from yesterday for what feels like no reason at all, didn't overeat or anything. In general actually my weight has been up the past few months. And it isn't just muscle or anything either because my inches have also gone up Anyway, a year ago (and definitely before that) I would have been really upset and agonizing over it. Now I'm like "who cares, I probably ate something that made me retain water and I'm doing the best that I can" especially given the hectic situation. Now I'm glad I have the self-compassion that I didn't used to have (or not as much) instead of just being upset with myself.

I had a few amazingly warm days too, a promise of spring over the next couple of months, and now it's cold again haha.
Old 02-13-23, 09:42 AM  
Buzzer

Oh man, where am I? It has been so crazy here, I can't believe I haven't checked in in so long! My sister offered us an almost brand new washer/dryer set. My washer has been on the fritz for about 6 months. I can only do "quick wash" which is a 30 minute wash, which I figured is fine anyhow. I still get codes on it even with that. I have been resistant to replacing it, however with the offer of free, I am all over it!!
So in order to get the washer/dryers back in the room, we would have to remove our freezer to get space to do it. Well, I figured if we were already taking out the freezer and washer/dryers, I would just empty the whole room. That room has been down to the subfloor and studs since before LB was born. I think the first year DH owned this house, 2006, he took out the bathroom back there and didn't rebuild it. Then, we had bees (the big, fluffy ones) so a beekeeper came and took down our ceiling to take out the bees. So that room has been studs and subfloor since easily 2006.

We get mice, bugs, all sorts of things in that room. I had my pantry in there, and everything was in plastic containers to protect it from bugs and mice, or cans. That room was scary to go into. It was small and packed, and I literally would throw things in there that I didn't know what to do with otherwise.

So this weekend, I emptied the ENTIRE room into the kitchen and living room. I need to get rid of a ton of stuff, and also put it all in bins so it looks neater. I have a huge pile behind me right now in front of the fireplace. However, that room is bigger than I thought! Now I want to put a floor in there, patch the cracks and holes that lead to the crawlspace that the bugs and mice like to use, lay down a nice wood floor, and maybe even put something over the walls. I am not a drywaller, I have no idea how to hang drywall, however I either need to figure it out or put something else up. I am kinda excited to have the room cleared out so we can see what we are working with. It's gross. I now know why I was afraid of that room. I am disgusted with how long it's taken to do this. I am ready to have it look like a room rather than like it's under construction and bug/mouse infested.

I ran on my treadmill a few times, yesterday he told us we were going to run 15 minutes, walk 2, then run 10. I went into it thinking he's crazy, this is too much! I can't do this yet. We haven't built up to this. I will do my best, but I can't do that. Then he said during the warm up "You can do this. Don't negative self talk yourself. We have been running this much, just in parts. Now we put it together. you can do this, you've trained for this". And I thought... jerk. He's right. I had to put on my positive hat and push through. I will admit that I put the incline down to 4% and under. There were some parts we were going almost 17%! There's no way. I am happy to be running that much, don't push your luck. So I put the incline down. I did do 4.8mph for the whole run too!! I know it's not a great time, but it is for me!

Two days ago I did a Dove Bodies. #3. It started out with lots of yoga, which almost made me turn it off. However, she did a great workout! It was legs, arms (I used 4 lbs each and it was perfect), then abs. Then, she repeats legs, arms and abs. It was a great workout! I was impressed with it. High rep, about 18-24 reps each exercises, and she builds on the exercises. So you'll do 16 reps of biceps, then 16 just the top, then 16 just the bottom, then bis with an overhead. then wide bis. I did skip the legs she did in table position, because I knew the run I had the next day was going to be hard. However I did the rest and it was great!

I also did another run, that one was shorter run segments, and also upper body and abs from Great Weighted Workout. That was a fun one! I was sore for a few days after that! I love that workout!

So I think that brings me back to today. LB was at a church retreat this weekend, so it was nice doing the laundry/pantry room without being interrupted. She had a blast!

These last few days have been crazy, sorry I haven't checked in! I have barely left the house to do anything other than drop off LB and pick her up! It was good though. The room needed to be worked on, I was just avoiding it because I knew it was bad and gross.

Ebianco I am glad you are still working out! I agree, I am not in my 20's, and I am definitely not in as good of shape as I was in my 20's or 30's. It's a hard realization, however I have come to accept it more. I fought it hard in my 40's for sure. I am now finding peace with my new self, and trying not to mourn my glory days!

Eventmom and Ebianco: we have had some really nice days lately! We still have snow on the ground, however it's melting and making some crazy puddles that freeze at night. They are having problems on the highway to our 'hood with the water going over during the day, then black ice when it gets dark. I am ready for spring. I have the door open right now, and can hear the birds singing. However, I look out and there's about 4-5" of snow staring back at me. We have patches of clear area, however this snow has turned to ice so it melts so slow! We are expecting more snow Tuesday and Wednesday, however the system is bobbling and we may not get much. There were reports of an Albuquerque Low, which would mean dumping of snow. However, it's wobbled now we aren't sure we are getting snow at all. I am an "all or nothing" gal, so I want either a big snow or no snow. Not this in between crap.
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-13-23, 03:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

so my last checkin was last Monday !

Tuesday - Karen Voight yoga stretch
Wed. - TA 2.8 day 6 + a youtube walk
Thursday - TA 2.9 day 1 + a short walk

so then I went all blah on TA. These levels are her trainers not TA herself, the levels are just weird and I was just blech. I've been scrambling to keep up with the pony, get a academic manuscript worked on, etc etc so I decided Margaret Richard for the chill vibe so:

Friday - MR all my best A part 1 + charlene
Sat - MR all my best A part 2 + fitprime kickbox
Sunday - MR all my best B part 1 + 15 gina b
Today - MR all my best B part 2 + charlene

yep, she made me so stinking sore! how the hell? anyway, she's so chill and calm it's what I need right now. My boss finally emailed me about why I hadn't cleared out of my office so I had to send a long email about husband surgery/ pony surgery / crap roads blah blah so anyway. Things are moving forward but I need calm workouts.

ebianco - I'm glad that the legal stuff is moving forward it can be so stressful! I'm sure the service for your sister was lovely and I'm sure very emotional. I hope you are doing okay.

buzzer - wow on the washer and dryer and great that you are able to get into the room and take care of needed repairs/upgrades. That's a huge project but I'm sure it will be very rewarding when you get it done.
Old 02-14-23, 09:10 AM  
Buzzer

Dove workout 1 (I believe?).. DONE!

This one was AWESOME. I loved this workout! I paused myself about halfway through and thought, she just never stops moving me!! It was constant! I didn't go full on force with this one, I kinda held back. I wasn't sure how it was going to go, nor did I want to wear out my legs since the day before I did the 25 minute run, and today I am doing 4 sets of 5 minute runs. So I didn't go all in. It was still great! She uses the step in this one. She had a full step, said to go to a shorter step if I needed. I didn't think I needed to, however I wish I would have! Not that it's hard, however she does step ups slow, then a little faster, then totally fast and I couldn't keep up with the totally fast ones. I am out of Firm shape for sure!

I used 4 lb weights, but could have gone heavier on the upper body. There were a TON of pushups and abs! The pushups I started out doing on my bench, but there were so many (just like 8 at a time, but she kept going back to them) that I eventually got out my 12's and just did chest presses. I wish I would have gone heavier, however 12's were good. Next time I know.

This workout is fantastic though! I am enjoying the Doves so far. This one is really a great workout that I am very glad I got!!

So today is running. My quads are kinds sore, so I am going to see how it goes. We are expecting 8-12" of snow this evening into tomorrow, so it's getting windy and cooler today for sure! Yesterday LB wore shorts! Then about halfway through the day, it got cooler. We went to the bookstore after her Spanish class, and by the time we left it was downright cold.

Anyhow, short checkin. I'll do more later! Hi guys! I hope you are doing well, Ebianco
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-14-23, 04:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics release then the shoulder workout that is part of that set. so 45 min stretch. I realized my shoulders really do not have proper range of motion. Haven't had time to do what I need to do but this something.

buzzer - I never purchased any dove workouts! I know they were a big deal on VF for a time but managed to not succumb. I did succumb to all the MR love which is working out right now.

hi ebianco - hugs

Tags
fitprime just right