Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-23, 05:01 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA level 2.7 day 9 + 15 gina b walk

buzzer - it seems like you've experienced two ends of the spectrum of how horses can be ridden (there are much greater extremes even but you have some idea). so of course, there is no ONE and ONLY ONE way horses are trained. She will likely need lessons if she gets her own horse, for her safety and to help her and the horse. She's not an expert - I take lessons ALL THE TIME. If you just want her to plunk around in your backyard probably not, but beyond that likely yeah some lessons would be a good idea. I just took a lesson on a strange horse intentionally as I need to go buy a new horse and it will be different from my current horse so I want to ride something different. I'm not sure I'm helping other than to say if you had expectations that after X lessons a rider will be all good on any horse that's not realistic. So if you are happy with this current situation then keep with it.

ebianco - I hope you and your family are doing okay and able to love and support each other right now.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 12:34 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Buzzer and Eventmom

I wanted to update you that my sister is pulling through, her body is responding to the chemo and all continues to improve
Old 01-19-23, 02:14 PM  
Buzzer

Hardcore (again)... DONE!
Walked/jogged on treadmill for 2.49 miles total.. DONE!
Booty Barre full body workout.. DONE!

Hardcore was fun! I knew what was coming, and did it well. I went up in weights... from 3's to 4's and it was perfect. I really felt the upper body work with 4's!

My walk/jog was shorter than before, however I did 1 minute runs and 1 minute rests. There were 11 intervals total. I walked at 3.3, ran at 5.0, which got reallllly hard because we went from completely flat workouts, to this one which had a 10 incline! One of the intervals of running was on part of a 8% incline, and I was so breathless. It was crazy. BUT, I did it, and it was good. The final walk, where I usually add extra intervals, had a 15% incline, so I just walked it. It was like another interval. I feel like we went from beginner to intermediate really quick!! I love this trainer though. I love the intervals too.

Today I did Booty Barre, the full body workout. I looked like a lumbering elephant. I could NOT get my leg up like she did, and I can't do the on the toes thing like she does anymore, my toes don't cooperate like that. I did most of it flat footed or a little on my toes... like heels 1" off the floor. I was disappointed in the abs, however the abs got worked throughout the workout (if I actually held them in.. most times I was lumbering so much I forgot!!) so overall it was a good workout. Got time 1 in, so next time it will be easier, I will know what to expect.

Ebianco: I have been wondering how she is doing! I am so, so SO glad to hear she is responding to chemo and pulling through!! I will continue to pray for her! I am again reminded how quickly this all can be taken away from us. I am praying hard that she continues to respond and all goes well!! Thank you for popping in and giving us an update. I am very grateful for that Take care of yourself, and I completely understand if we don't hear from you for a while... you have a lot on your plate for sure.

Eventmom: I guess I hadn't thought about that... she will continue to take lessons. I don't know enough about horses, so I figured once you learn how to ride, you only need to have a trainer for your chosen horse sport. That makes sense though. Whenever she has a new horse, she will feel weird and need to connect with the horse. So that totally makes sense. I am learning about horses for sure! My sisters had a horse growing up, however they just trained him how they trained him, and they were very connected with him. He hurt them occasionally, and was a bit of a goofball, mostly because he was trained by an 11 and 12 year old. They knew how to control him, however other people didn't.

I remember my oldest sister was going for "Miss Rodeo Colorado" for a horse thing, and part of the competition was they swapped horses and rode another girls horse. The poor girl that rode my sisters horse had no idea how to control him. All she knew didn't work on him... because he was trained how they knew, not how anyone else knew!! HA! Anyhow, my sister ended up winning, then after they announced her as Miss Rodeo Colorado, they were doing some of the presentations and stuff, and then the announcer said "wait, we made a mistake. The winner is actually..." and they made my sister leave the arena so the "real" winner could accept her buckle and whatever. I remember being really confused and her riding the horse at a run out of the arena. It was so sad!!

Anyhow, that was the extent of my horse knowledge. What my sisters learned by the time they were 11 and 12 years old

Ebianco: I just want to say again, I am so glad to hear your sister is responding well!! So glad!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 02:22 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Ugh 508 error, can't seem to post

thank you both for your love and support

i've been keeping up with epic 3 now, two workouts in
Old 01-19-23, 02:42 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA beginner just posted to youtube + 10 ta cardio
today - TA beginner + 25 fp kickboxing

kind of stressful yesterday and today. Our pony has a chronic eye problem. I'd been treating (consistent with vet directions) but it got better then got worse. So I finally took him in yesterday. His eye has huge ulceration - I really wasn't as on top of it and I would have liked to have been. He is having surgery this afternoon on his eye - they will put in a device to deliver the medication to his eyeball and some other stuff. Poor little guy and it means all my horses will need to be in their stalls for however many days - leaving him alone int he barn will upset him too much. anyway - nothing like ebianco has been facing but kind of threw me.

ebianco - thank you for taking the time to post it is so great to hear that your sister's treatment is working for her. great job keeping up your workouts during a difficult time.

buzzer - I think ultimately if lb is enjoying her lessons and you are happy dealing with the place then don't worry about it. If LB had olympic-type aspirations then maybe my advice would be different (and you'd need to win the lottery, take up robbing banks, or suddenly attain generational wealth).
Old 01-20-23, 12:27 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday everyone

still getting the 500 error so I'll keep it brief

My sister continues to improve on chemo!

Today was a killer ab/glute workout Epic 3 day 3

I hope you both have a great weekend

will post more when the website lets me
Old 01-20-23, 06:05 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - TA beg posted to goop/youtube + dc 2.3

ebianco - that is great news about your sister! great job getting in your workouts.

hi buzzer!
Old 01-20-23, 10:14 PM  
Buzzer

Ran/walked on Treadmill in Portugal... DONE!

So we went from 1 minute run, 1 minute walks to TWO minute runs, one minute walks! PLUS, two of the run intervals were on hills of 6% grade!! It was hard. I started out at 5mph jog, but after two intervals I went down to 4.4mph (because it was easy to just keep hitting the "4" instead of trying to get 4.3 and getting "4 mph" then "3" then "3.4" then whatever.... at least if I keep hitting 4 it'll get to 4.4mph). It was hard, but I did it. A total of like 2.36 miles total. It was great! Lots of jogging compared to past workouts. He says he's building up our endurance, I think that was a lot of building in a short amount of time! I did it though, so I shouldn't complain. I do have a goal of running for 30 minutes straight, and the only way to get there is to keep progressing. I just have to remember that!

LB and I had a nice day at home today, doing school and building the new shelves that came in for her room. We put together an 8 cube shelf the other day, and today we put together the 16 cube shelf. It looks awesome in her room! She is excited. I am too! I am so glad to have her room progressing again.

Ebianco: I am so annoyed you are getting the 500 error. Not at this time! I am glad to hear she is doing well. Hopefully you are too. Glad also that you are getting in your workouts. You have a lot on your plate, so you are a good example for me! I like to use the "I'm so busy" excuse, but you put me to shame. Thank you for taking time to let us know how she is doing

Eventmom: I am so sorry about your pony! I am intrigued by the machine that delivers the medicine though. That's cool! I am imagining something like an insulin pump. Modern medicine is amazing. I guess at least they are inside while it's stinking cold out! We are supposed to get 10" of snow (so far) on Sunday night into Monday, so if I were a horse, I'd be grateful to be indoors!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-23, 01:08 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

So far things are still going positively with my sister, thanks again for your love and support

Today I started with Firm Volume 6 warm up and all the cardios, then felt like I had more before my main workout so did a little youtube zumba, then I did Epic 3 Day 4, total body complexes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8U9...XjuFXy&index=5) which I really liked, then a long extended stretch for about a 76 minute workout. I am really enjoying the Epic 3s so far and how they are getting my heart rate up, more than Iron.

I am definitely in an eating funk however. I wasn't hungry for a few days after returning from the trip last week, then the last couple of days I felt ravenous but maybe I just had bad cravings I don't know. Lots of junk food and late eating and now feel really heavy and yucky.

Only writing a little bit at a time and so far so good with the 500 error...

Eventmom I'm glad you continue to enjoy the TA goop workout!

Buzzer Awesome job on your run/walk! Did your cube shelves come from Ikea? I have an 8-cube shelf in my workout room from them that I enjoy.
Old 01-21-23, 03:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA goop + kathy smith power push cardio - at some level that is some crazy combination!

buzzer - I think I oversold the device they put in the pony's eye - it's a disk I guess it helps with the medicine but there is a catheter that I use to pump medicine in his eye - the tubes is braided into his mane and comes to his shoulder. So I'm out there 9 times a day (every 2 hours from 7:30am-11:30pm). hopefully I will be able to back off a little bit in a few days because it's been somewhat stressful I come back into the house try to get something done then turn around and go back out. Sorry about the snow we got rain but I doubt the snow will make it this far south.

ebianco - of course you are ravenous - you have to make up for the calories you missed and all things considered I get the craving 'junk' food but I think you should pat yourself on your back and say great job getting in super workouts during this time. Glad things are going positively for your sister.

Tags
fitprime just right