Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-23, 11:39 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday everyone,

Today was Iron Day 23 glutes and hamstrings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-tL...xymJ2&index=24) and I have been dreading more hip thrusts because they are so hard! Of course, I use 2, 45# bands on my bootysprout so that's a lot of resistance. Also the reps with the booty loop as well are especially intense. Today didn't seem as bad because after all the killer hip thrusts, she did a lot of bridges laying on the floor which was so much easier by comparison. I initially pulled out a 30# weight to put on my hips (having recalled that I used to use 2, 15# weights and it felt heavy) and it was like NOTHING so I got a 50# weight and I could still have gone higher! (But I didn't because my adjustable weight only goes up to 50#) So I was wowed that all those super hard hip thrusts really are making my glutes stronger. And it was rewarding after noticing the progress in my back strength just yesterday! My eating has been good for about a week although I notice it is taking longer to recover from all that holiday indulging So all in all I'm in a really positive spot with my exercise/diet!

Eventmom waves!

Buzzer Wow that is great about your fancy treadmill!! I am glad it is working out so well! DH and I invested in our treadmill maybe about 5 or 6 years ago and I used it intermittently, until I really became serious over the past 6 months or so about getting my steps in, and use it for walking every day, or at least 5-6 days a week. Mine isn't as fancy but it does have built in workouts, that I rarely use LOL. But I love using it as a treadmill desk.

I love kettlebell workouts but never seem to be able to squeeze them into a rotation either! When I do them I really enjoy them (AOS, RKS, etc.) but that seems to be very rarely LOL.

Haha yes the reps in barre can definitely feel endless!!

I'm glad your'e liking the KCM workouts! I do really like the 30 minute timeframe.
Old 01-06-23, 04:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday – 30 min essentrics stretch
Today – TA 2.7 day 3 + 20 min TA popstar

Ebianco – that’s great that you could go heavier! I don’t even own weights above 12 pounds LOL.

Buzzer – yeah, is TA barre? Or what exactly? Never sure how to classify it. Her focus on small muscles is more of a barre thing so who knows. Joyce Definition! I used to do the entire thing (all 80 minutes) sometimes on the weekend. But I ended up purging it eventually because I love her other workouts more. I sort of regret it now.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 11:08 AM  
Buzzer

Jogged on treadmill... DONE!

I did a tempo workout in Spain. He taught us some differences between portugese and Spanish I think? I'd have to go back and listen. I love this guy. He is always telling history! Plus things so we can learn. He's really amazing.

So it was one minute run, one minute walk. I did 4.3 for my first run, then I kicked it up to 5mph for the rest! I walked at 3.3 mph. The 5 felt good! I can tell I am gaining some endurance. taking my 4.3 to 4.5 last time was hard, this time 5 felt good! I love it! I accidentally hit the "6" instead of the "5" one time, and had a panic attack. HA! I quickly moved it back down to 5 (after it went "6.5 5.5 5" because I kept hitting the 5 and it was trying to figure out what I wanted!) but it made me think... I used to hit the 6 something mph all the time. I bet I get back to it again.

I didn't feel worn out after the workout, or sore. It was nice. I did 12 minutes of running (12 runs with 12 walks) and went about 2 1/2 miles. The mileage isn't that high, but I keep reminding myself I am just starting out.

We are doing a movie night on our movie screen in the new garage for the kids tonight. We have, so far, 4 kids from the 'hood coming over, and 6 possibly more. We are going to play "Penguins of Madagascar" which is one of my favorite movies. It'll be fun, but that means the day is spent picking up the house and garage so people think we live nicer than we do. The only working bathroom is in the house, so I have to have it looking nicer.

Our living room is shaped like a trailer, kinda longer and skinny. Lately it has been feeling even skinnier. I am trying to figure out why, but it's probably the Christmas tree. So I think I will work on taking it down this weekend. I am just feeling like this house is making me crazy!!! I am kinda stuck here though, so I just have to mentally get past this again. ugh.

Ebianco: you made me think that I should tell DH to figure out how to put his computer on the treadmill screen and walk while he works! he usually stands, but I don't think he moves much. I don't know if there's a way to move the screen so he can, but it's a good thought I'll talk to him about!

I still kinda have a dread for barre. I love it, I love the results (although last time I did it, I didn't get the results I did before) and it can be fun! I just wish it wasn't so many plies . Those get tiring. Kinda like pilates. I hate the 100's. HATE. Yet every pilates program begins with 100's. Just make it stop!!! HA! I think if I add in some barre in between TA, Ttapp, and weight lifting, it will be better. I don't know. I think I've been working out too long when I have such strong opinions on types of workouts!

Eventmom: I think TA might have been criticized so much because she doesn't really fit into a box (and has trouble with cuing). She is kinda barre I guess? I think she is more barre than weight lifting for sure! HAHA! Like that has to be said. maybe functional movement, since she does rotations and moves in such a way as to get all the muscles worked out rather than just the large muscle groups like weight lifting does. I think I am understanding her more now that I am where I am. I am relaxing into her workouts instead of doing them with major intensity, working for the results. Now I am "meh, I doubt I will get results anymore with anything, so I am just going to stay strong and move so I don't lose what I have". I now like her again!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 04:46 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.7 day 4 + 20 min of a Gina B walk

this level is tough! I'm not doing all the reps on any move and a couple I don't think will get there even after 10 days.

buzzer- TA yeah? all the on fours work is a bit like old school like Jane Fonda stuff like that. but certainly came up with her own thing. Initially I liked her because of the lack of equipment (but jokes on me, she loves her toys) and I really got fabulous results with meta. Also for me, I was competing my horse often and those workouts were good for what I was doing. I definitely need core, balance, stability and whether she markets those or not they happen for me. I never got results from traditional barre but I like those workouts. I kind of think of TA as barre with BIG movements.

hi ebianco!
Old 01-08-23, 12:01 PM  
Buzzer

Sylwia Mat workout, just the first two parts... DONE!

This was the original mat workout she came out with. It was killer! I know she would not have been proud of how I did this workout. I wasn't very good with my form, but I remembered how tough this workout was and decided I wasn't going to give it my all. I did the first part, where she lays on her side and does leg lifts. Then the second part where she does a million hip raises. I put the ball under my back (playground ball) for the part where she keeps her hips up and extends a leg, then moves the leg up and down. So I cheated

It felt good though. Lots of hips and abs! Exactly what I want. I am not sure if I will workout today, if I do I will do a run on the treadmill.

Not too sore today, but a little bit in my hips!

Eventmom: I think you are right about TA. I was thinking about this yesterday, and trying to figure out where she was closest to. You are probably right, close to old type working out! I think she is also close to this workout I did yesterday. I don't know about all sywias, I also have energy mat, I should try that one on a day I feel brave!!!

Hi Ebianco!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-08-23, 12:06 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from yesterday:

Yesterday was Iron Day 24 total body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LubR...xymJ2&index=24) and I really liked that she added abs for the finisher. As I come close to the end of the program, I feel like Iron didn't have enough abs in it. I warmed up with Cathe LITE Cardio Party again, I'm really on a kick with this one! LOL and extended stretch for a 70 minute workout.

Today I wanted to do Cathe Cardio Party AGAIN but don't want to get burned out, so I did a few youtube zumba short workouts on and off the rebounder totaling about 25 minutes, then Iron Day 25 shoulders-but I subbed and also did biceps and triceps for about 1/3 focus on each muscle group and that was much better (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReE9...xymJ2&index=25) plus extended stretch for a 73 minute workout.

And now two well needed rest days! Next week is last week of Iron! I decided I'm doing Epic 3 next, but going to shorten the workouts (about 10 minute used to what I'm doing now) as needed-mostly shorten them to 30 minutes from 40 during weekdays but probably keep the 40 minute timeframe on Saturday, and her Sunday HIIT workouts are only in the 30 minute range anyway.

I just purchased a Nutribullet (this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SW1QCSR...t_details&th=1) to replace my probably 20 year old Magic Bullet, and I've only used it once so far but I was WOWed! This one is MUCH more powerful than my old Magic Bullet, and bigger, otherwise they are basically the same mechanism. All I did yesterday was almond milk, chocolate protein powder, and some hemp seeds and it made an incredible frothy shake. It was so delicious it was better than eating a candy bar, yet it was so filling from the protein. Today I'm going to make more of a traditional smoothie with frozen strawberries, frozen banana, hemp seeds again, as a dessert, and see how that goes. I have high expectations!

Eventmom Great job persisting on such a hard TA level! I also lump TA in with the barre/pilates genre and yes it is like barre but with big movements!

Buzzer Haha I also hate the 100s in every single pilates workout ever. I don't mind the barre plies as much but will admit they can feel extremely endless.

So the way I configured my 'treadmill desk' (actually it was DH's idea) was to find a durable plank of wood long enough and wide enough to fit over the handles of the treadmill (we did something like what is seen here: https://feedingthesoil.com/2019/08/2...ctually-works/). He added little handles so it could be moved easily too. It's plenty of room on the belt to walk too We just found a piece of wood I think at Hobby Lobby or Homegoods that is supposed to be for a shelf or something, so it's sealed and finished and it works great. I can rest my laptop and type easily.

The movie screening sounds really fun!

Congratulations on your Tonique workout!! That one is a toughie, I mean all of Sylwia's workouts are toughies LOL. On my last deload week I wanted to do a Tonique workout, even something short, then I was like "not today" LOL
Old 01-08-23, 03:18 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.7 day 5 + 15 TA DC

I up-ed the number of reps for some of the moves but some well not going to happen. Not sure I struggle through all 10 days but I'll see how I feel once I get to 7 days.

buzzer - sylwia is tough! I have energy mat and only do the easy 30 minutes separate one. LOL it's not easy. But ebiano is the Sylwia expert!

ebianco - it is tough to know where to put TA sort of pilates/barre with working smaller muscles but not the tiny range of motion. anyway. my pants are fitting a bit better!
Old 01-10-23, 07:29 AM  
Buzzer

Jogged on treadmill in Portugal... DONE!

I thought about doing a workout DVD, however I started to do the Sylwia workout again and it just wasn't feeling right. I didn't sleep well the night before, I was having strange and disturbing dreams. I was up at 3:15am and couldn't fall back to sleep. Also, my workout room door fell off!! I have been having trouble opening and closing it, I had to really slam the door to close it. Then I started realizing that I had to lift the door a bit to close it... so the top hinge was coming loose. I finally brought out a screwdriver to screw it back in, and coincidentally on that day, I opened the door to screw it in and the door hinge came off and the door started flopping. Now this is a solid wood door, so it's not light at all!! Well, DH put longer screws into the hinge yesterday so it would not fall out again. He also turned up the heat to 70 degrees, and told me to heat it to 70 whenever I am not in there. So I started the workout, however it was so stinking hot in there that I just couldn't do it. So I went out and ran.

I did almost 2 miles with him doing 30 second run/1 minute walk. I added on some extra intervals though! He did a total of 9 intervals, I added on enough intervals to get 14 minutes of run time. So when he was doing a 5 minute walk at the beginning, I added on 2, 1 minute runs, and one 30 second run. Then I finished the rest during the 10 minute cool down. It was a good workout, and I ended up with almost 2 1/2 miles completed. Not great mileage, but better than I did before the treadmill!

I also have felt really blown up these last few days. Like, 9 months pregnant blown up. I made popcorn for movie night with butter and salt, and I did eat some.. not a lot... however I am hoping that's just it!!! I hate that feeling. My belly is huge, my hands feel like sausages, my feet even feel huge. I am trying to drink more water to flush it out. Not helping me, especially when I am not sleeping well.

Ebianco: I have been taking zzzquil. It helped a lot the first few nights, but I don't know if I am just a tough case or if it stops helping after a while, because I am not sleeping well again. I don't feel hung over in the morning with it though! NyQuil knocks me out so well, I was riding that ability. It's just not doing it for me. I will probably cycle through my sleepy pills (what I call them, they are the Night Rests) and zzzquil. Maybe my body just adapts to them. However I did get it after you said it doesn't make you hungover in the morning like NyQuil! You were right! I love it. Plus it tastes better than NyQuil!

I sent that blog you referred to to DH. I think that would work great for him! Plus he could put it so it wouldn't scratch the screen. Thanks for the tip!

I went through my workouts to find my Toniques, then started looking at reviews for other toniques. Then I decided, nope. That's not for me! HA! She is crazy! I have a few titles, I will have to go back through and see what they are, however I have never done them. Energy mat still had the plastic on it. I might try to do them at least once and then put them away again! She is tough!

DH got us a new Ninja a few months ago, and that thing is great. I haven't made smoothies in a while, although we love them! Yours looks good for making smoothies because it's small, so you don't have to make a boatload of them. Plus, it looks easier to clean. Congratulations on the new bullet!

I got tired of the 100's in Pilates, and sun salutations in Yoga. Both of those things make me dread those types of workouts. I'm sure it's like pushups and burpees are to other people. I don't hate pushups and burpees, I just would rather not do them. I kinda hate 100's and sun salutations! HA!

Eventmom: Congratulations on your pants fitting better! That is HUGE!! I always wonder how people that hate exercise keep at it when they don't see results. So seeing results is amazing! I can only dream. Seriously.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-10-23, 03:18 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA level 7 day 6 rode my horse then some resistance stretching

so I'm up to 28 reps on the easy moves. Only attempting 10 reps on the roll, stand, side kick. that's getting a bit better but geez!

buzzer - thanks! the pants fitting better is relief but I've certainly got a ways to go. but I'll take it. sorry about the crappy sleep! that sucks. I'm getting 5.5 to 6 not enough but better than it's been at times. hope that you can flush that water weight - that's all it is but it's disturbing.

hi ebianco!
Old 01-11-23, 12:34 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I started my workout week, and last week of Iron, today with Iron Day 26 legs with step (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xefU...xymJ2&index=27). The time went by fast on this one as it was in a circuit format. I subbed the sumo deadlifts with plies and the deadlifts with more step ups because we are going to just turn around and work glutes again on Friday, and I wanted to make today as quad/inner thigh focused as possible. With warm up and stretch it was a 46 minute workout.

Eventmom Congratulations on your pants fitting better!! Any improvement is a huge improvement!

Buzzer I slept really bad last night too, even though I felt exhausted! I went to bed early but then woke up, pretty much wide awake, at around 3 am and took about 40 minutes, according to my apple watch when I get my sleep report card in the morning LOL. I'm glad the zquil doesn't make you feel drowsy in the morning but sorry they seem to have lost effectiveness! I didn't even know it came in liquid form actually, I have them in a kind of gel cap form. I definitely feel very, very exhausted today.

I'm glad the DIY treadmill desk link was helpful!!

Haha the Toniques are just all really hard and I haven't been able to face them for a while, even though I'm sure I would enjoy them. I definitely have to be in the mood for them, and when I am they are wonderful! Hard, but wonderful.

I have made some kind of protein shake or smoothie every single day since getting the Nutribullet! I am just loving it. Nearly every time the shake/smoothie takes me from still hungry to definitely full, then I brush my teeth and feel full until the next morning. And yes I am finding it very easy to clean. I love that it is a personal size and the bullet shape isn't too bulky or has crevices or anything. Some reviews complained about cleaning the blades, but if I rinse them off immediately after I blend, nothing gets stuck on there so it hasn't been a problem for me.

Haha I get tired of sun salutations in yoga too, that has also made me just turn away from yoga! The funny thing is I used to love them. But now I just don't want to do that anymore.

Tags
fitprime just right