Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-23, 08:45 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Live out of your imagination, not your history. 4/30

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-23, 09:01 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Slept in a bit this morning. Figured out why because my period started - argh! I thought I was done with the last one back in December, but NO! This is ridiculous!

As far as plans for the day, I’ll be going for a nice walk between raindrops and doing some yard cleanup. I’m hoping a pussy willow over my back porch will finish dropping its blooms so I can start washing off the deck and getting the water feature going. Otherwise putzing around…. I might go to a movie theater that’s playing my favorite movie, The Princess Bride, this afternoon - either that or play the DVD at home .

Paula, I’m sure the goose was just started laying eggs when I saw its nest - more to come! Unfortunately she’s just a few feet off the main walkway so lots of people go past and some will harass her . I’m hoping I’m still good with cedar chips after spreading them last year.

Vantreesta, some crows nested at the top of the oak tree in my neighbor’s yard. I think they are first-timers as far as nesting as they come and go lots and do lots of talking up there. Maybe now they finally have some eggs there as there’s more sitting. I see the woodpeckers in the parks where I walk as there’s a lot of hollow or dead trees there for them. I like the pileated sized woodpeckers! I hope your headache passes!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 04-30-23, 09:39 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 Cardio Tone. Plus, I did my PT routine twice.

Groceries and food prep for us and a load of laundry. Tomorrow (if it doesn’t rain) hopefully we can finish our gardening project. We went by Lowes today and picked up some stuff but we’ll need to make another run tomorrow.

Anita, looks like we’ll both be doing yard work tomorrow. I like “The Princess Bride” too but it’s been a long, long time since I’ve watched it. Yuck on the reason you overslept. Those last couple years never knowing whether or when you’re going to start spotting was frustrating to say the least. I’ve seen Canadian geese stand up to dogs, of course they are all pampered house dogs, not coyotes or hungry wild dogs.

Vantreestra, You’re right about PT, my routine is all exercise and most are exercises I’ve done in workout routines. So I’m counting it in my daily exercise. It takes 35 – 40 minutes to go through the routine. Hope your headache has cleared up.
Paula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 08:03 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I was lazy yesterday and didn’t go for a walk in the cold and rain. Today is nice and sunny and slowly warming up - I’ll go for the walk! I did watch The Princess Bride at home - I thoroughly enjoyed it! I hope to get out and do some yard cleanup and setup for summer! Otherwise maybe playing Spades this evening.

I did hear from Laura yesterday - she’s been having problems posting here with a “404 Not Found” error. She is at Hilton Head. She’ll be going on a dolphin sighting excursion on a boat today.

Paula, hope your gardening project continues with its progress! I don’t know if I’m more afraid of dogs or people in destroying the goose’s nest - there’s a few people that are destroying goose nests to decrease their population.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-01-23, 09:21 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today was my PT routine twice plus two 10 minute Tamilee stretch workouts.

Anita, Thanks for letting me know about Laura. I hope she’s having fun. We worked on the patios most of the day and got everything done we had slated for today. I still have a couple things I need to do out there but the lions share of the work is done. Both patios are looking spruced up for Spring. I need to do some dead heading and maybe plant some more color but we’re looking good if I do say so myself. Luckily, I’ve never seen people destroy geese nests and we have a lot of them around us.
Old 05-02-23, 08:44 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Had a quote for some tree work this morning and will be going to my strength class shortly. I hope to follow the strength class with a walk in the park. Otherwise planning on clearing my porch of pussy willow flowers and getting ready to set up my hose and start the fountain up today. I should stop by a greenhouse and pick up two hanging baskets and some plants for two containers. Spring is here!

Paula, sounds like we both have itchy green thumbs! I hope the goose nest survives, but perhaps it would be smarter of the geese to nest in more reserved areas.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-02-23, 08:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 Push (Strength). I had PT this morning and I did the routine again in the afternoon.

Anita, you’re right about itchy green thumbs. I went back to Lowe’s garden center for more stepping stones. Our patios are looking good. I think I’m done now – at least for a while. Spring is definitely here. I hope your goose nest survives too.
Old 05-02-23, 09:55 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

F I N A L L Y ! ! ! I finally didn't get an error! I've tried every day since getting here.

Anyway, it's late and I need to get to bed, but I wanted to post something. We are having a low-key time and are enjoying it. The dolphin-sighting excursion was good except that we saw no dolphins. But it was still a good general tour of the area. DH has felt decent until today. We've had a lot of strong and constant winds and his body doesn't like that instability in the atmosphere. It's supposed to die down some tomorrow, so I hope he does better then.

I hope everyone is having a good week. Take care.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-23, 07:32 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on talking to my MOBE advisor, washing my porch cover and outdoor cushion for my swing, meeting friends for a walk, and putzing around inside and out. It’s supposed to be a Top 10 Weather Day, so I’ll celebrate!

Paula, does your PT change any week to week when you go in to see them? I can still get out and go to another garden center for container plants, but am holding off on garden plants until things come out of the earth. It’s been hard to tell what may have survived last year’s droughts - lots looked dead last fall.

Laura, glad you were able to post! Bummer on not seeing any dolphins - hope the boat trip was good nonetheless. Hope DH feels better today!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-03-23, 05:31 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's another windy day here. I'm hoping the wind will die down before we leave. It has been really active. But it was sunny and warm, but not hot. This afternoon, we went to an area in the south part of the island and wandered around some shops, and walked out the length of a pier to see the view. It was a nice and laid-back day. DH felt a little better today, which was nice.

It hasn't been the most exciting trip, but it has been enjoyable. I so needed to get away from home and relax some.

Anita - I hope the day lived up to its billing and that you got outside to enjoy it. Yeah, the dolphin trip was good, even without dolphins. We saw a lot of pretty scenery and mansions overlooking the water.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote