Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-18-21, 06:45 PM  
Taiga

Today is the last day of the sale I was tempted to make another order but decided to leave it for some Black Friday fun. The used dvds were such a great buy that I have more than enough to keep me busy for several months. Though I did hear several dvds whispering to just run through them all this weekend Lol

Did my EBX2 Upper body work out today and thoroughly enjoyed it Looking forward to the complete rotation then some type of MMA/mobility/KB conglomeration. MB Rushfit/UFC followed by a Dasha rotation (courtesy of Stephanie's suggestion ). Dasha has some nice mobility work in her programs.

I keep telling myself that I need more yoga in my life. I have some great programs waiting but haven't been able to talk myself into anything but the occasional Yin yoga. I bought the Annie Carpenter program a year or so back but so far I just did not click with it. Surprisingly, I also found some really nice yoga sets at the thrift (the chance to try some expensive sets for almost nothing!) and they sit untouched. Oh well, maybe they will have their season. Right now, I feel grateful to be excited about my current rotation.

Has anybody else started something new? Any newly discovered gems from the sale?

Sugar--Greg Smithey is a beast! His moves are brutal in a sneaky way. That progam never fails to set my backside on fire. I swear it is one of the few programs that never became easier over time. Your DD shows good taste in being appalled with the attire
Old 07-18-21, 10:11 PM  
Vantreesta

I tried to be strong but caved at the last minute. (Raise your hand if you're surprised! )

Code Description Qty Price Total

36V Rock 'N Roll Stepper Rock Solid Bottom with Tony Little 1 $0.99 $0.99

1075P **USED** Pilates Pro Chair Pilates Basics - Jennifer Galardi **USED** 1 $1.99 $1.99

36R Body By Jake 11 Minutes No Excuses DVD for the Tower 200 1 $1.99 $1.99

13V Kathy Smith Latin Rhythms Dance Workout 1 $7.99 $7.99

128i Tru2Form Latin Grooves Dance Workout DVD 1 $2.99 $2.99

1095B **USED** Biggest Loser - 30 Day Power X-Train **USED** 1 $3.99 $3.99

1023E **USED** Dance Off The Inches Dance It Off And Firm It Up DVD **USED** 1 $2.99 $2.99

118 Crunch Fat Burning Dance Party DVD - Jennifer Galardi 1 $4.99 $4.99

DSC-1 10% off! 1 -$2.79 -$2.79

Subtotal: $25.13
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Grand Total: $25.13
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 10:51 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
One of the backgrounders from Pure Spice (maybe more than one, I can't remember if the other two were in that DVD) is one of the founders of ReFit Revolution and they have a YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8B...NsnTkO9GwUJITg with tons of these types of workouts. They also have their own site and streaming service as well I think. They are a lot of fun!!
Thanks for posting this. I just checked out their channel and they have one for Thriller!! Call me psyched!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-19-21, 10:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Yes, I agree, I would love to hear thoughts on that set as well.

EBE2 is great, I did a rotation with them, it was good and tough.
ASAS I have started a review thread on the Sandry set.
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231410
I have a question for EBX2 veterans, what rotation did you do? Love to know especially if you did a hybrid.

Vantreesta I'll raise my hand! All that talk of VHS lists....You seriously had me convinced you had iron strength resistance!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 10:50 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I have a question for EBX2 veterans, what rotation did you do? Love to know especially if you did a hybrid.

Vantreesta I'll raise my hand! All that talk of VHS lists....You seriously had me convinced you had iron strength resistance!
Bwahahaha! Hmm, iron strength resistance? Not it!

Old 07-19-21, 11:05 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
I have a question for EBX2 veterans, what rotation did you do? Love to know especially if you did a hybrid.....
The EBX2 rotation as written is fairly simple and does call for you to add cardio (5 days per week) on your own. The first 3 weeks you do the first 3 workouts (Weighted Legs, Weighted Upper Body and Weighted Glutes) and 5 days of cardio. The 2nd 3 weeks you do the next 3 workouts (Weights & Plyo Legs, Weights & Plyo Upper Body, Weights & Plyo Glutes) and 5 days of cardio. The last week is Peak Cardio (plyo HIIT workout) daily.

I think she does describe the type of cardio she wants you to do (as in circuits or intervals) but I ignore that and plug in whatever I like (kickboxing, mobility work etc). The workouts do not have cool down/stretch. I don't care about that because I'm always more thorough on my own and typically add a mobility or full stretch video. I prefer to do that tacked on right after the workout when I'm really warm. I find that I make a lot more progress in my flexibility that way. If I'm pressed for time, I'll only work on those 3 days and take the rest of the week off. The full recovery between the splits really lets me go heavy on work days and I actually get better results if I don't add more scheduled work during the week. That can be hard on a vidiot so off days can also be used for yin yoga, walking workouts etc. I think a lot may depend on how heavy you lift. If you aren't pushing yourself to the limit during the splits, you have a lot of room to make your own hybrid rotation. You could weave in a KB session, kickboxing/MMA, mobility, CS, pilates etc.
Old 07-19-21, 03:12 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Sugar--Greg Smithey is a beast! His moves are brutal in a sneaky way. That progam never fails to set my backside on fire. I swear it is one of the few programs that never became easier over time. Your DD shows good taste in being appalled with the attire
LOL you are funny! The workout does look tough.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 03:27 PM  
bubbles76

I resisted the sale! I'm going to live vicariously through you all
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 03:34 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
FOLV, Awesome, I will check your review thread, thanks for the heads up!

I just checked my EBE2 rotation, I did Legs on Monday, Upper next day, Glutes on Wednesday, then Upper next day and Legs Friday or Saturday, I did add a rest day here and there depending on soreness, but I tried to get the 5 workouts done within the week, for cardio I sometimes did a Leslie walk, Country Heat, Zumba, a short step workout or KCM Boxing cardio, my cardio was anything between 10-30 minutes depending on energy levels, I skipped the cardio completely a couple of times, but I always added a long stretch after, I usually do 10-25 stretch after my workouts. I then took an active recovery week (week 4 ), where I did easier Pilates, Stretch and Joint Mobility Therapy, Cool it Off, I did something relaxing 6 days and took Sunday off. I then continued with the EBE2 rotation this time with the plyo workouts for the next three weeks. Last week was the peak cardio. My last week got messed up since we had a funeral in the family, so I took some days off, I also found peak cardio very challenging, so it was a bit dreadfull to do it everyday for seven days, I probably only did 3 or 4 times and not in a row, I sometimes did something else or nothing at all. HTH

Taiga, do you only do EBE2 weight workout three times a week?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 03:58 PM  
Garrie A.

I placed two orders in Mary's sale. My first order came today:
-Karen Voight Full Body Stretch
-Kari Anderson Angles, Lines & Curves (to replace my VHS)
-Kari Anderson ALC II
-Lauren Brooks Shut Up & Train

My second order (yesterday morning, shipped today):
-Barlates Barre Bell HiiT
-Barlates Mix & Match HiiT
-Barlates Resist-a-Barre
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mary's sale