Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-11, 04:56 PM  
marymc

Zero to 60

Hi, all! I'm thinking of adding Sharon Twombly's Zero to 60 to my collection. Has anyone tried this? I saw a few reviews at collage, but thought I'd double-check here too.

Thanks!
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 07:25 PM  
Cassy

I thought it was just ok. I traded it.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 08:26 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
I thought it was just ok. I traded it.
I agree with Cassy. I loved all of Sharon's other work outs, but this one I just couldn't click with. It is definitely intermediate.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 01:33 AM  
Vee

Now for some contrasting opinion.

I dont understand the point of using light weights during cardio. What exactly does it achieve? I can understand using "real" weight for some degree of heart rate elevation during strength training like with kettlebells, but why light weights during Cardio?

Given my bias, I should not like this workout.

But.

Love it.

Love the music and the energy. Like Sharon's personality. I think the moves are a lot of fun.

I still dont understand what the workout is supposed to achieve, but it gets me moving. And builds up a nice little shoulder burn.

This is the only Sharon Twombly workout I found myself motivated enough to acquire.

I agree with the intermediate rating.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 01:55 AM  
juberann

I'm on the fence with this one, too! This is my first Sharon workout, I really like her but I also can't figure out what it is supposed to accomplish. I love the music but just wasn't in love with the workout. I havn't traded it or anything and don't plan to yet but I am not really motivated to do it again right now. Not sure what it is that I just didn't click with, the workout just seems pointless to me. I will try it again at some point but I kinda feel this one was a waste of money (of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at a later date).
Old 10-07-11, 05:21 AM  
Diana3271

I think the weights can be confusing with this workout. I wouldn't focus on the weights being used as a tool to gain muscle. I think the weights add to the intensity of the workout. Meaning that the weights will help increase your heart rate.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 06:31 AM  
bonbon

I think this workout is meant to be a low impact calorie burner, using weights for intensity. I burned 500 calories during this workout and I'm a small person. I found it fun and non-jarring on the joints. Definately and aerobic workout.
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 07:31 AM  
cherimac

I have this one coming soon and am excited about it. I'm a solid intermediate and I started working out with the Firm for weight training. They use light weights a lot in cardio, calling it "4 limb movement" and I think it's supposed to increase the heart rate and calorie burn a bit. So I "get" that concept.
Old 10-07-11, 08:15 AM  
ckfromca

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I'm on the fence with this one, too! This is my first Sharon workout, I really like her but I also can't figure out what it is supposed to accomplish. I love the music but just wasn't in love with the workout. I havn't traded it or anything and don't plan to yet but I am not really motivated to do it again right now. Not sure what it is that I just didn't click with, the workout just seems pointless to me. I will try it again at some point but I kinda feel this one was a waste of money (of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at a later date).
You described this workout exactly as I would. Not motivated to do it, but don't want to give it up just yet. I plan to do it again next week (I think). :-)
ckfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 08:42 AM  
MM-Om

I received this one in a trade yesterday and upon previewing I was not too excited about it, but decided to pull it out this morning and I LOVED it. It was a great calories burner (I burned 420 cal in 60 min). I felt great at the end and could have still done another 15 min if the workout was longer. The weights are there just to increase the intensity (I used 2 and 3 lbs) and they really help in keeping the heart rate up during the whole workout. Music was good, except for a couple of songs. It is a keeper!

Tags
sharon twombly, zero to 60