Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-11, 08:17 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplain View Post
Look for the order on your account page. They should have tracking info for you, so you'll know when to (finally) expect it.
I looked earlier today and they said the expected delivery date was today 3/22. That's why I said they missed their date on the tracking info. I'm going to call tomorrow and complain.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 06:56 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm sorry folks are having trouble with Amazon. That can be incredibly frustrating.

I have a Prime membership, and, knock on wood, I've always had outstanding ordering, shipping and delivery service from them. If there is ever any kind of glitch, they make things right ASAP.

I just recently signed up for a couple auto-ship items. We'll see how that goes.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 07:45 AM  
aunatural

We've had prime membership for years and we were going to cancel it after the first year but we've gotten a little spoiled by it now. I'm really happy that they've added free instant movies to prime memberships too.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 07:51 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I absolutely their auto-ship program. I keep adding things that either I buy all the time and have a hard time keeping stocked and/or things that I have a hard time finding in the stores I go to regularly. Plus, they give so many options in managing shipments that I can manage what I have "in stock" on my shelves. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any problems with them cancelling anything. It's good to know though in case it happens. I can figure it out quicker.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 08:02 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I don't have prime, but I do the instant auto-ship items for a few things that I always need in stock. Generally it's been very smooth, but a couple times in the past six months there was an issue with the order bring placed but unable to ship for several weeks. Generally I have always had great service from them, but this was kinnda annoying. Overall though, I really like amazon.
Old 03-24-11, 12:55 AM  
Helen

Pause a moment, and consider living in Australia.

• Surface post to keep the price lower (if you can get it) - try 8-10 weeks to recieve your parcel.
• USPS (not UPS) for STS cost me $55 in postage - air-mail, took almost 3 weeks from "your package has been shipped" to my hands.
• "Free shipping" - read the fine print - it doesn't apply to us.
• To send things TO the U.S. that weigh over one pound, we're charged an extra $9 on top of the price that the receiver sees on the postage sticker - to pay for "additional security procedures".

Under such circumstances, one learns to be patient and take an approach of : it'll be here when it gets here.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 02:21 PM  
KaeLaVie
VF Supporter

I've always been very satisfied with Amazon's shipping times, so I fall into the satisfied group. On the rare occasion that I need something quickly and can't wait, I don't choose the free ship. For the most part, I'm not in a super rush for anything. Iguess I have a bit o' the Australian mentality in me, Helen! LOL

As for the auto-ship...I did have them cancel on me once. I had put Morroccan oil on a/s way before it got to be so popular. As it lasts so long, I put off delivery for months and then when I went in to release it for delivery, it had been cancelled. I thought it was because it became so popular and they wanted to charge me (a lot) more LOL I found another brand and another source, since then
KaeLaVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 02:52 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Well as of today they have missed their expected delivery date, which was 11 days after I first placed my order, and 7 days after the book release date. I am ticked. No package on my porch today. Do you think it would do any good to call and complain?

Last Christmas I ordered some books for gifts. The tracking info said they had been delivered, but I didn't receive them. They were obviously delivered to the wrong house. Amazon made good on the order. You should definitely call them. Something may have gone wrong in the delivery process.

Amazon is somewhat slower than they once were, but I'm generally happy with their service.
Old 03-24-11, 02:53 PM  
sherry7899

Helen, after reading your post, I will remember not to complain when an Amazon order takes a little longer to arrive.

You are very patient! It must be difficult to wait so long for packages.

A friend of mine had a penpal in New Zealand. I think I remember her sending her Xmas gift out to him in October just to make sure he'd get it on time!

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 03:05 PM  
hotncmom

I got my package yesterday. 1 day past the shipping estimate date. I did not call and complain because I assumed they would tell me it's out of their hands once they give it to the carrier. Not only that, but I could not find a number to call on their website.

I want to order another Raviana DVD and it looks like Amazon has the best selection (sigh), so I guess they've got me over a barrel. If I actually PAY for shipping (standard), which in this case is $2.98, is that better than the free super saver or the same? It says 3-5 business days for standard. But the thing that ticks me off is how long they wait to box the order up sometimes, even if it's in stock.

Crap. I wish Mary carried these! I would have it by Saturday or Monday at the latest.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon prime, amazon.com, mary, totalfitnessdvds.com, www.totalfitnessdvds.com