Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-10, 08:19 AM  
shelleyann

I have to say it is a little sad to hear that Mary is generously offering to give away dvds to people just to be thoughtful (and they are not junk dvds...why would she buy junk dvds? More like Karen Voight Streamline Fitness or Patrick Goudeau, etc) and people are complaining about it. Doesn't seem very grateful to me, but that's just me. I'm not trying to be rude and it doesn't mean it will be something you love or don't already have, but she could be selling those on amazon and making some money and instead is offering to give some away. I think that is a nice gesture.
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Oh, I agree, Shelley Ann - it is a very nice gesture, I just don't want to end up with a DVD I don't want or already have. I'm in a never-ending battle to weed out my collection of stuff I don't use and I really don't want to take the chance on having more stuff to get rid of. That said, whenever I do want to buy a DVD I always go to Mary first - she is the best!!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 09:54 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Did Mary post this info on her website or in the email she sends out? I didn't see it anywhere.

I'll be away on the 25th with no access to computer, so I guess I won't take advantage or her generous offer, but wish her Happy Birthday just the same. Mary is great!
Its listed on the bottom of her Homepage at her website.
Old 04-17-10, 11:00 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
I have to say it is a little sad to hear that Mary is generously offering to give away dvds to people just to be thoughtful (and they are not junk dvds...why would she buy junk dvds? More like Karen Voight Streamline Fitness or Patrick Goudeau, etc) and people are complaining about it. Doesn't seem very grateful to me, but that's just me. I'm not trying to be rude and it doesn't mean it will be something you love or don't already have, but she could be selling those on amazon and making some money and instead is offering to give some away. I think that is a nice gesture.
I don't think the vidiots are complaining about the DVD's Mary is selecting as freebies; I think the vidiots are having fun trying to figure out what those DVD's will be.
Old 04-18-10, 11:11 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I, too, think it is a lovely gesture, Shelley Ann, and I also think people are not being negative, just stating why they wouldn't be ordering.

I love a freebie, I have tons of room, and I love the "surprise bag" party favors, so I am probably in.

Mary gets lots of love on this forum so I am sure she is taking it in stride and enjoying the chat about it.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 03:31 PM  
donnamp

I *may* just order anyway b/c there are a couple of DVDs I have my eye on and what the heck, if I get something I already have or don't want I can share the wealth, right? I'll see though b/c I'm really trying to restrict my buying these days and just got Harmony and Plus....so....

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 05:14 PM  
sundari

I would think that Mary might have another sale for "Mother's Day". But not sure if she has done that in the past.

Tags
mary, total fitness dvds, totalfitnessdvds, totalfitnessdvds.com, www.totalfitnessdvds.com