Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-10, 02:38 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb1 View Post
I'm guessing it'll be something by Susan Powter or some of the other ones that have figured largely in the "weekly special" deals!
That's what I'm thinking too....but it doesn't hurt to dream
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 02:44 PM  
Rhonda

I had ordered a couple workouts from Mary and she slipped in a freebie, it was Kathy Smiths classic workouts. Not sure what I will be doing with this freebie as it isn't very good quality, looks like they just taped from the VHS.

I can't remember why I got the freebie but just thinking of this, it may be workouts that are not selling well or just old. I would not expect it to be one of the expensive workouts or a popular one but I could be totally wrong.

Guess you can complain if you get a freebie.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 02:45 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
And according to FB, the free video of "our choice" means of Mary's choice (in case there's any confusion). ..
Ohhh! Thanks for pointing that out. Well now it doesn't sound so interesting. My wallet is safe. Unless it's a Tonique or Brazilian Booty or something I want.

And yes, I agree with everyone that it's a nice gesture, whether it's one she's trying to get rid of or one that's somewhat popular.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 03:07 PM  
laurajhawk

I'll probably bite anyway (if I remember on the day!). It's like going into a store and there's brown paper grab bags for free ... but you know it's a workout DVD! I think it'll be fun to see what it is. And a Susan Powter dvd would make a fine white-elephant gift come Christmastime, so it's all good.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 03:17 PM  
TinaT

Could my timing be any worse. I just ordered 3 workouts from her yesterday and bought another through Amazon from her today! Oh well, it was all a good deal. She seems very nice and it's fun to think she will be sitting there deciding what each order will get as a freebie.

Yes, in a perfect world, she would look at order history and also what is going out in the current order and choose something that would compliment what our preferences are... but that's in a perfect world. That fact that she has some of these older workouts is nice as I recently figured out. I ended up ordering workouts that are close to being OOP and she priced them to sell.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 03:44 PM  
Juli

I just ordered my very first ever workout DVD from Mary. I won't be around the 25th but am so glad to find out about the website. Thanks for the info!!

Special Thanks to workoutjunkie for "showing me the way."

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 04:04 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
FB said her bday...
Yeah, it's MY birthday too!

Might have to order something to celebrate!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 04:43 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Yeah, it's MY birthday too!

Might have to order something to celebrate!
Wait, I thought it was required to order an exercise video (or two or ten) on your birthday in order to be a bona fide card-carrying vidiot.

I spent my fun money this month and actually am not too tempted by anything right now, but I hope those who take advantage of this offer (a cute idea, by the way) enjoy their freebie, whatever it may be.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 07:05 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

So it's my DH's Birthday, too, and he always tells me to buy something for me on his b'day because he really doesn't want anything (and he really doesn't) and I like Susan Powter so it seems like it is fated that I order.

Maybe if I order a couple of Susans, she will send me the rest?

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 06:49 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutjunkie View Post
Oooh - can you tell me her exact website please?

ETA: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Thanks for the info!
Sorry about that my mistake.

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Default.asp

Tags
mary, total fitness dvds, totalfitnessdvds, totalfitnessdvds.com, www.totalfitnessdvds.com