Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-10, 06:32 PM  
daisysunshine

due to the power of VF

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 07:16 AM  
donnamp

I would definately buy from Mary - 10% off and free shipping! If I can hold out for one of Mary's sales, even better!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 04:54 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
If I can hold out for one of Mary's sales, even better!
Sure, but Mary doesn't usually put new and recent stuff on sale.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 06:47 PM  
Eibhinn

I'm not sure how much the Canadian market really matters overall, but as an non-American customer I gotta say that if a video isn't available widely (ie. in brick and mortar stores and Amazon.ca - which has a much more limited selection than .com), if Mary doesn't carry it, (or I can't get it via a trade) I don't get the DVD. Amazon.com and Collage's shipping charges to Canada are just too high for me. So it's pretty much Mary or no one for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 10:00 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I'm not sure how much the Canadian market really matters overall, but as an non-American customer I gotta say that if a video isn't available widely (ie. in brick and mortar stores and Amazon.ca - which has a much more limited selection than .com), if Mary doesn't carry it, (or I can't get it via a trade) I don't get the DVD. Amazon.com and Collage's shipping charges to Canada are just too high for me. So it's pretty much Mary or no one for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
You are "in the know". The average consumer isn't as savvy as VF-ers. They'll read Fitness or USA Today and see a plug for Collage not Mary. More consumers choose Amazon.com, Wal-Mart or Best Buy before Collage. Mary is competing with a long list of retailers. I am not a loyal customer. I follow the deals. I suspect most vidiots follow the same path to low prices.
mamaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 10:10 PM  
daisysunshine

Quote:

Oh my heck - does amazon.ca ever stink. blech. it is so weird how badly Canadian stores (even TSC) gets a lot of fitness stuff (and if they DO get it - chances are we already got it). So yeah basically it's from the instructor (if shipping is reasonable), ebay (if shipping is reasonable), or Mary. (and mary trumps ebay). (and trades )

WAL-MART only has fitness dvds around christmas/new years time and once they sell out, barely there or available.

but i am hoping with target coming to Canada - target also brings all the fitness stuff with it.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

Old 01-24-10, 07:42 AM  
Bebop

Hi - not to meaning to change subject of thread. I have never ordered from Mary, only collage. I a am willing to order from her too. What are the advantages - VF'rs give her such rave reviews I want to know what I am missing.

Thanks.

Back on topic - I'm ordering these too.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 07:50 AM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Hi - not to meaning to change subject of thread. I have never ordered from Mary, only collage. I a am willing to order from her too. What are the advantages - VF'rs give her such rave reviews I want to know what I am missing.

Thanks.

Back on topic - I'm ordering these too.
Bebop, Mary's prices are almost always cheaper than Collage, and on top of that, you can always use coupon code 10off to get another 10% off. She also ships super fast and her shipping rates are pretty good (and free in US for orders over $19).
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 10:42 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
My business goes to Mary if she carries the workout (I'm in the US). But have you tried Advancedworkouts.com? Her rates are very reasonable for orders outside the US - free for orders over $50.
Old 01-24-10, 10:45 AM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxblack1 View Post
Bebop, Mary's prices are almost always cheaper than Collage, and on top of that, you can always use coupon code 10off to get another 10% off. She also ships super fast and her shipping rates are pretty good (and free in US for orders over $19).
Nyx, you could have summed it up in 1 sentence:

Mary is AMAZING. hee.

But everything that you said is true. (Canadian shipping over 20 is a dollar (and then a few cents more the more dvds you add), international shipping starts at 2.56)

Tags
collage video, collagevideo.com, mary, totalfitnessdvds.com, tracie long, www.totalfitnessdvds.com