Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-31-23, 02:01 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Ilaria Virtual Studio Free Trial

I just got the following email from Ilaria:

Over the last few years - since the pandemic lockdown - I have established a Virtual Studio and have been teaching online classes. It has been very rewarding to connect and train with my online community, wherever they are.
I am excited to reach out to you with a special offer to join my Virtual Studio - anyone joining through February 15 will get a 7 day free trial and 20% ($25) off the first month.
We keep each other accountable by training together LIVE with 7 new classes every week:
• Every class is a new workout routine
• Each class stays on replay for 7 days
• 7 new classes each week / 30 classes per month: 2 Atletica, 1 Definitions, 3 Powerstrike Kickboxing and 1 Forza each week
• Exclusive access to tutorial and technique videos
• I exercise with you, guide and instruct you through each workout
• 30 days membership - subscribe anytime
Get your free trial here.
https://app.arketa.co/powerstrike/pr...ngC77O6g1LEFZ3

Has anyone here subscribed to this?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 06:25 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Thanks. I'm going to try. I don't do 1 hr long workouts anymore so we shall see.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 09:28 PM  
carly

Note the Virtual Studio is $125 per month full price and you are required to give them a credit card for the 7 day free trial. The first month will cost you $100 with the 20% discount. If you don't want to pay this make sure and opt out before the free trial is over.

https://app.arketa.co/Powerstrike/Pricing

I think zraipel might have subscribed to Ilaria's older format?
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 10:00 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

You're right, I did! I did really enjoy having more Forza workouts to choose from, and I like the addition of Definitions, but the cost was just too much for me to maintain it. I had the intention of doing a rotation of only her workouts, but I just did not have the ability to dedicate enough time to get the most out of the subscription. I did do a few of each type of workout while I was subscribed, though!

Forza and Definitions were each their own subscription, for somewhere between $25-30 I think? And I think the main subscription was Powerstrikes, Bodystrikes and Atleticas (but there were only a few Bodystrikes workouts). There was a ton of content, but I also don't really like to do hour long workouts and most of them were in that time frame. But really, the cost was the main factor. In order to subscribe to her whole library it probably would have been around $100, but at least there was the option to break it down into paying for only one or two types of workouts.

I just looked it up (https://powerstrike.vhx.tv/) and the monthly subscriptions break down like this:

Main subscription (Powerstrikes, Bodystrikes & Atleticas - plus 1 Forza and 1 Definitions workout to try) = $39.99
Definitions = $24.99
Forza = $33.99
Powerstrikes & Bodystrikes only = $24.99
Atletica & Atletica Bodyweight only = $24.99

There is no option to have access to all with one subscription. I think the only one that auto-renews unless you cancel is the main subscription. The rest require you to actively renew (it's called Renting for the month vs. subscribing), which is probably a good thing!

Quality-wise, they are Ilaria workouts, so they are going to kick your butt and she doesn't slack off a bit! A majority of them are filmed live with Ilaria by herself in what looks like a room in her home. Some are different settings. None of that mattered to me at all, the workouts were great!

I don't know how that service compares to this new option, but I don't like the idea of disappearing workouts and only a certain number available for the week. I may be misunderstanding how this new platform will work.

If I felt confident I could put the time into her workouts (and also felt like I was conditioned for them - which I don't right now) then I might sign up because I trust her training style. But again, in that case, I may just go back to the old platform for more workout options.

I'd love to hear if anyone else gives it a try!

ETA: EVERY TIME an Ilaria discussion comes up, I feel the itch to stop what I'm doing and go back. EVIL ENABLERS
Old 01-31-23, 11:03 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
ETA: EVERY TIME an Ilaria discussion comes up, I feel the itch to stop what I'm doing and go back. EVIL ENABLERS
I knew you would chime in to this thread as soon as you saw it!
Old 02-01-23, 09:57 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Note the Virtual Studio is $125 per month full price and you are required to give them a credit card for the 7 day free trial. The first month will cost you $100 with the 20% discount. If you don't want to pay this make sure and opt out before the free trial is over.

https://app.arketa.co/Powerstrike/Pricing

I think zraipel might have subscribed to Ilaria's older format?
I think I'll pass. Thanks!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 11:22 PM  
fatkat555

I love Illaria and have (almost) all of her dvds. I can’t afford that streaming.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 08:53 AM  
Rhonda

I would love to get PowerStrikes but the price is way too much for me. Not sure why she charges so much but she must have a good following.

I have a couple of her DVDs so I will enjoy those and I don't do hour long workouts anymore as I don't have that time to workout before work.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 09:02 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I would love to get PowerStrikes but the price is way too much for me. Not sure why she charges so much but she must have a good following.
Ilaria is centered in NYC where her clients are used to paying top dollar for her workouts. That said, she's not that far from me and I still think it's expensive.
Old 02-02-23, 01:57 PM  
carly

I agree this seems expensive for a home exerciser who has many more reasonable options available. I do plan on trying this for a month in the future when I can concentrate my efforts on 3X a week. I love Ilaria and have every DVD/VHS she made.

To put the cost into perspective - Years ago I used to participate in a workout class 3 time a week after work. It started at 6:30. I got off of work at 5:30 (which was hard because we were expected to put in long unpaid overtime hours) and then rushed through a 45 min drive, changed my clothes in the bathroom and then it was show time. I usually got home by 8:00 PM. While the cost of the class was reasonable + cost of gas/car usage - the time spent and timing of the class was the problem.

Ilaria's $125/month breaks down to $10 for 3X/week or $15 for 2X/week. I would have done this in a heartbeat years ago - to meet my schedule, to avoid traffic and to streamline the entire process.

Tags
ilaria, ilaria montagnani, streaming costs