Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-03, 12:41 PM  
Sindaena

That's funny. I ended up using the YMCA membership I already had in order to register the kids for swimming lessons during menbers only week because they tend to fill up before open registration. I did make a round of the fancier gyms around and found that the Y had the only childcare up to my standards so that's where I work out these days. I still do yoga at home, but I'm giving serious thought to visiting my local yoga studio as well. Although, it adds a certain something to yoga practice to have a 9 month old pulling up on you and babbling as you try to hold a difficult pose.

I love my videos and many are better workouts than I get in classes, but I have come to love the camraderie of the classes and the mental break from worrying about what the kids are doing. At least until I look up and see a babysitter signalling me... my three year old has developed the aggravating habit of dirtying his pullup in the middle of my class as he doesn't want to use the potty for that and I only let him wear pullups away from home.

Someday I'll have uninterrupted workouts and the mental space to even consider looking at my "third eye" and when that day comes, I'll probably cry.

Elizabeth

Tags
gym membership, ymca