Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-08, 10:28 PM  
goldenphoenix

Has anyone tried Expresso upright bike?

Lately, my left knee just acted up and I haven't been able to do step or kbox workouts. I guess all these years of doing Cathe cardio with high impact finally took a toll on my knee.

So yesterday, I went to my YMCA to use the elliptical machine. While doing the elliptical, I saw these two Expresso bikes sitting in the corner. After 30 minutes on the elliptical (and I wasn't even sweating), I switched over to the Expresso. Within 10 minutes of doing the "Evening Bliss" route, my body was sweating significantly.

Today, I came back and used the machine again. I did two routes within 35 minutes. I constantly had to wipe off the sweat from my face and neck, and the top of the shirt my was wet. Yet, I only burned 250 calories. For the same amount of time, I burned at least 400 calories on the elliptical machine and don't feel as tired nor do I sweat.

Do you have similar experience? Do you think the Expresso underestimated the calories burned?
goldenphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-08, 06:48 AM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenphoenix
Do you have similar experience? Do you think the Expresso underestimated the calories burned?
Yes. If you were using the machine's calorie burn, they are notoriously off. [If you have a heart rate monitor] that would be a better comparison.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-08, 07:16 AM  
adrien_73

I agree with kat_b. Machine readings are not very accurate. I have a treadmill, and the calorie reading on it is always DOUBLE what my heart rate monitor reads!!! I sure wish the treadmill counter was the accurate one, but I know better...
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ymca