Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-05, 08:17 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Jennifer Aniston & yoga

Did any of you see Oprah's 20th season premiere show today? http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200..._350_102.jhtml

Oprah asked Jennifer what she was doing -- that she looked different -- was she doing Pilates? etc. etc. -- and Jennifer answered that she'd doing yoga. Made me happy since I've been doing more and more yoga in place of weights lately. Why I have to have confirmation from a celebrity, I don't know -- but she's a real person too -- and that's fun to see that she's getting great benefits from yoga too.

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-05, 09:33 PM  
Becka Boyd

I'd like to see that Oprah show.
Old 09-20-05, 08:05 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I'm so glad to hear that as well. I have a good friend who gave up going to the gym and trying to do fit in all sorts of activities and did a 90 minute yoga class six days a week and looks FANTASTIC. I'll never give up cardio because I love to run too much, but I've often thought of trying to give up everything else (which means not using all my precious fitness dvds for a while) and focusing only on running and yoga.
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-05, 12:32 PM  
Gardengirl

I saw part of the show yesterday and Jennifer does look great! She looked pretty slim though. I'm sure the yoga is doing good things for her, but I'd be willing to bet the her divorce probably took a few pounds off too. She was always in pretty good shape before. But I will say she looked happy and not haggared at all and that's probably from the yoga!
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-05, 12:34 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl
but I'd be willing to bet the her divorce probably took a few pounds off too.
I've always said heartbreak is the best diet in the world!
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-05, 12:35 PM  
mcn333

I'd love to be able to do that much yoga, or incorporate even a little bit more into my routine consistently, but I'm afraid that even if the big "they" discovered that replacing lifting weights with yoga was beneficial, I wouldn't be able to give up my dear weights. I wonder what kind of yoga she does.

Melissa
mcn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-05, 01:18 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

I couldn't really see how thin she was (but can see it on that Oprah.com pic), but she really radiated -- that's what caught my attention. I also liked her moment at the end of yoga class where she said to her friends something like "I'm happy being here right now -- not thinking about yesterday or tomorrow -- just content to be here" -- such yoga thinking.

I was wondering if maybe she was driving down to Santa Monica for Bryan Kest's classes -- doesn't he have a celebrity following? I'm sure there are tons of good yoga instructors in L.A. though.

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-05, 01:20 PM  
MARIKA

I saw the show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcn333
I'd love to be able to do that much yoga, or incorporate even a little bit more into my routine consistently, but I'm afraid that even if the big "they" discovered that replacing lifting weights with yoga was beneficial, I wouldn't be able to give up my dear weights. I wonder what kind of yoga she does.

Melissa
I don't believe it's just yoga! They all say that and I don't believe it. Most people who give up their regular routine & focus on yoga have not reported glowing results here. Jennifer said it was only 3 X a week, & it didn't seem like she was talking about a tough workout. She also smokes like a chimney too. All that deliberate special, breathing & you smoke? I don't get it!
MARIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-05, 01:23 PM  
withpopcorn

I'd like more details on what she actually does too...she could go 3X a week but for 2 + hours - who knows. Well, maybe we will learn more from one of our fitness magazines?!
Liz
withpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-05, 01:45 PM  
cpcathy

I also hear all the entertainment shows say she does Budokon. I can't stand it either when celebrities say, "Oh, I only do Pilates" or "I only do Yoga." It would seem their very genes are not the same as ours!

And I thought the fact that she smokes is ABSURD! It makes you old, Jen!

...I'm just sayin.'

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote