Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-05, 05:56 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

What 2005 fitness purchases do you regret?

Just wondering I have been very careful with purchases this year because I am not working (I am in school full-time) and have limited space. I have bought a few things, but I am always conscious of the fact that when I leave NZ, I will have to cart it all back with me

So with that in mind, my only regret is the Extreme Makeover Fitness dvd. It sounded good. It sounded like something I would like. And it looks fine, I suppose. I previewed it a few times and it looked fine. But I have yet to actually do any of the workouts. The weight work doesn't look like it would be enough for me (I have yet to find one of these 7-day rotation mix dvds that looks like it has enough strength work) and the cardio doesn't look terrible, but doesn't look terribly exciting either The dvd has been sitting on my desk for four months and has yet to get more than a quick preview. I regret the $15 I spent on it.

Otoh, I love Tony Little and wish he accepted non-American orders and/or was available retail or elsewhere. I am happy with the Joyce dvd I bought, and although illness and vacation have meant I haven't gotten to my new Tamilee's yet, they look good and I plan to try them this week. So purchase-wise, 2005 has been pretty good for me. I spent very little and have gotten good use out of everything---except that Extreme Makeover dvd

Joanna
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 06:20 AM  
Brenda in GA

For me it was Joyce's BUG+. I wanted to like this. I really did. But I just couldn't get past her grating voice and terrible form. Ugh! I couldn't sell it fast enough.

My best purchase? Cardio Coach. Hands down.
Old 07-18-05, 06:52 AM  
xanna
VF Supporter

The Firm POWER YOGA

Curiosity got the better of me, I've tried alot of Firm workouts but they all grate at me for various reasons, Power Yoga was no exception. I know alot of people love The Firm and I think the workouts themselves are fine but it's everything else that bugs me, I guess I'm just not a Firmie and never will be. I am however loving the new Sarah Ivanhoe 20 minute makeovers I bought, so I'm happy.
xanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 07:31 AM  
metalbarbie

Starting to regret Cardio Coach. Am still on the fence about it. I think the music is terrible.
metalbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 09:26 AM  
KickDancer

Cathe's Hardcore DVDs. They showed up on the swap for less than the preorder price, and I wish I hadn't gotten stuck with the losses. The workouts weren't worth the investment risk.
Old 07-18-05, 09:34 AM  
nutribabe

I regret doing the iSHAPE program through Shape magazine which offers a 10 day free trial for fitness and nutrition plans which I tried to cancel as instructed on their website- well they charged my card anyways- it's a sham - there is no Trial - they will charge you anyways. If you're signing up for the Trial you will not get it...Plus their customer services does NOT call back when they specifically say they will on their answering service message..
nutribabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 09:42 AM  
charfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna
Otoh, I love Tony Little and wish he accepted non-American orders and/or was available retail or elsewhere.
Joanna, just so you know some of Tony Little's dvds are currently available on The Shopping Channel web site (www.tsc.ca). I haven't ordered myself, but I always like to see what is available there.
charfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 10:05 AM  
Carol_is_fit

Cathe's Hardcores. Although technically I paid for them in 2004 ... but all of them are now gone - traded away. Boring and repetitive work which looked the same as all her older stuff. The one shining exception was Low Max, which alas became too much for my knees after a few times ... sigh ...

Carol
Old 07-18-05, 10:06 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Hardcore

And Just Joyce
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 10:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

It is just no use going into why, but here is my list (long and painful!):

A Forrest Yoga Retreat (wasn't with Ana herself)

Fast 10 (was that 2005?) :rolleyes:

Yamuna Balls and DVDs (I may give these a second chance)

Kukuwa DVDs

Most of my Yoga DVD purchases

Stott Simple Stretches

There are more, but you get the gist. (Yes folks, I *did* have a few that I actually liked! )

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, worst of